Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    I tried taking a photo of the parkers, but i honestly dnot know how to use this camera so im just letting u know they came in with this giant sentence without a picture for illustration purposes. Dinner date on saturday and u can ahve them
    You shouldn't have mate! They will be easy to install looking forward to the weekend havnt hung out in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
      You shouldn't have mate! They will be easy to install looking forward to the weekend havnt hung out in ages.
      Never hung out with this guy

Comment

dinner should be good boys.
        Oxox

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          Never hung out with this guy
          I was pretty bummed I couldn't make it up to Brisbane over new years, Uni won't give me a break mr moderator guy!! Please come down

Timmy which car are you taking haha?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
            I was pretty bummed I couldn't make it up to Brisbane over new years, Uni won't give me a break mr moderator guy!! Please come down

Timmy which car are you taking haha?
            Kristi wants to take the Jazz.
            I was thinking CRX but its a long trip and there is still some issues i need to look at.
            Might bring the DC5.

Comment

Timmy u told me on sat- u bring dc5.. Why change?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Update - Vlip and JDM Honda badge installed 5/4/12

Hey all, its been pretty quiet on the DC5 front as i have been concentrating on finishing my degree this semester but i have had time to do a couple little things and fiddle around with my suspension.

Firstly with the help of Phillip (Flippit) i installed my Vlip onto the front bar for some extra perceived lowness The install took a bit of forceful persuasion but the end result was worth the effort...

Secondly Alex picked me up a JDM front Honda badge from JDMYard to match the rear badge i bought to replace my stolen OEM ones, install took 10mins. I feel like i own a proper Honda now >.<

Front JDM Honda badge installed...

The car won't have much done to it until the end of the year, i should be visiting Eddie in August to watch him race his DC5 in the Sepang endurance race which is very exciting!! I do also have a goal of returning to WP aiming for 1:09's, i have a good idea of how i will go about doing this so its just a matter of putting together the purse for it

Lastly heres a selection of photos from our recent noggi meet....

ClubITR Noggi meet photos

Final thoughts

One final thing i forgot to add, i have been looking a lot into DC5 suspension tuning recently and have found that a very common problem in cornering is the tendancy for the rear end to thrust up causing overloading of the front wheels (this is due to the roll centre position on the back). By preventing this motion you can tune in more precise cornering and more oversteer, this can either be done by altering suspension geometry OR biasing the weight transfer rate (somewhat less effective but still helps).

Realtime racing use solid linkage extenders to lower the mounting point of the upper arms on the rear suspension, shown below...

RTR use these spacers to adjust roll centre and to alter the camber gain curve under compression.

I applied this to my car by altering the rebound damping on the rear, by increasing my rear rebound significantly i found that the rear had less tendency to spring up in a corner and rather preferred to stay a bit flatter. Overall the balance felt a lot nicer and progressive (not like 99% of the weight was on the front inside wheels haha), turn in seemed to be more stable as a result. I will be looking further into this as well as spring rate changes when i do make it back to WP eventually
                Last edited by stevan; 05-04-12, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Helloooo sexay! Your car is so tidy, making me feel so bad about mine.

Comment

Nice update. The red badge is such a nice touch.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                      Helloooo sexay! Your car is so tidy, making me feel so bad about mine.
                      Its all a trick Matt, doesn't look this good in person haha.

p.s ship your J's wing over to my house k thanks

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      Nice update. The red badge is such a nice touch.
                      I agree, the type-S badge clashed a bit i may take that off in the future but overall looks nice. One day i will do the same thing you have done with your DC2 with the stripped rear and repainted chassis

Comment

saw this car today, so clean!

Comment

I think i saw ur car at ew
                          Looks nice would like too it up close

Comment

Originally posted by manonastick View Post
                            I think i saw ur car at ew
                            Looks nice would like too it up close
                            Where is ew??

Also, i may have acquired something a bit naughty from Alex yesterday

Comment

Eastwood =]

stevan... when you've 'installed' the naughty piece... photoshoot with aleks + alex!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                                Eastwood =]

stevan... when you've 'installed' the naughty piece... photoshoot with aleks + alex!?!?
                                Ah, hmm dont recall when I was is Eastwood?

Yeh that might be fun, will be a few weeks though until I get my innovative parts so I can fix my car. BTW innovative are an almighty pita to get in contact with, stayed up till 3am and they don't pick up -_-

Comment

Working...
                                X