Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see the updates. Keep them coming

Comment

Nicew update Mate! car has received many goodies in last few months!

What does the voltage stablizer do?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Thanks guys. Tbh there are mixed views on a voltage stabilizer. Some people say its just for bling, others say it makes their lights brighter etc. I haven't really noticed too much, but when my mate had it installed in his CVT Jazz he noticed quite a big difference. His sound system and lights didn't flicker anymore and his shifting was smoother.

Comment

Matt after all the complaining about lack of funds, you go out and get a voltage stabaliser?!? Could of spent that money on way better things! lol

Good choice of pad but personally I'm starting to see more bang for you buck by goin the DBA street series blanks.

How much did Nelson charge you for the Agipp? I used it once too when I was there.

I have just tried for the first time the FEO Ultra (the new full synthetic oil from Honda) and so far so good. Could be a good and much cheaper replacement for the redline oil I normally use. 68 dollars for 5 litres.

The true test for oil will be this EXE track day though.
          Last edited by TeMp; 10-11-10, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Agip SINT 2000 10W-40

costs?
            ... retired/

Comment

nice updates & pics..

and how much were those spark plugs?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nah the voltage stabiliser was left over from my Jazz, just haven't had any time to put it in, so no money spent. The oil was 50-something a bottle of 4L? I think it was about the same price as the Motul 300V that I used to use, but can't remember.

The spark plugs were $33 each but had to get them in asap since my current ones were pretty bad.
                Last edited by M@lew; 10-11-10, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Matt is that oil real synthetic or the 60% synthetic stuff like motul 8100? Same question for u Vin about the new Honda oil.

Hoping to get soem decent times Matt? I think although these tyres are different from your last track day, you may improve your time purely because you will have a better wheel size and tyre size set up (Didnt you have balloon tyres last time?)

Good luck mate, will see ya out there. I am in group c with ya!
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

my research says the Agip is blended...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Nice updates! Good to see I am not the only one doing last minute prep .

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                      The true test for oil will be this EXE track day though.
                      How are you going to tell whether the oil is good or not?

Comment

FEO Ultra is fully synthetic. They still have the normal FEO on sale which is a blend.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Honestly the only difference I have noticed between the different engine oils I have used are the oil temps. Its not like I can feel the engine is rev'ing smoother. -_-

Going from the orginal FEO and Royal Purple I have seen on track days easily a 10 degrees lower difference.

Comment

Hey nice brake upgrade.......DS2500 worked well for me @ the last track day

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                            FEO Ultra is fully synthetic. They still have the normal FEO on sale which is a blend.

Honestly the only difference I have noticed between the different engine oils I have used are the oil temps. Its not like I can feel the engine is rev'ing smoother. -_-

Going from the orginal FEO and Royal Purple I have seen on track days easily a 10 degrees lower difference.

When you say fully synthetic, is it bright coloured or that dirty brown colour?
                            Full synthetic like 300v arent usually brown (i think, could be wrong!). In Australia, the companies can mark their oil as "fully synthetic" if they are at least 60% synthetic. From what I know, motul 8100excess is an example of this.
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

hows ds2500 on street? Is it better than OEM at cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                                Matt is that oil real synthetic or the 60% synthetic stuff like motul 8100? Same question for u Vin about the new Honda oil.

Hoping to get soem decent times Matt? I think although these tyres are different from your last track day, you may improve your time purely because you will have a better wheel size and tyre size set up (Didnt you have balloon tyres last time?)

Good luck mate, will see ya out there. I am in group c with ya!
                                Yeah my tires were way to big at the front last time, so hopefully even with this change I will see improvements.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Thanks. I want to make sure I'm prepared now, last time I went with the flow and forgot so many things!

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                                Hey nice brake upgrade.......DS2500 worked well for me @ the last track day
                                Maybe this time I'll be as fast as you then Mario.

Originally posted by RtN View Post
                                hows ds2500 on street? Is it better than OEM at cold?
                                Seem fine, haven't had any issues thus far, but I don't brake super hard when it's cold. Compared to OEM I haven't seen much loss when cold?

Comment

Working...
                                X