No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let me know when you break in 37's...can't wait.....
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
      let me know when you break in 37's...can't wait.....
      arr Eddie didn't know your still around surfing
      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
        arr Eddie didn't know your still around surfing
        I still check back randomly but not replying as much as b4 tho~! Still trying to keep myself up to date of how u guys doing back there~! I hope I am still around tho~!
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Reparation

It's time to fix this thing. Today I set myself two goals: Remove the Mugen N1 shocks so I can send them off to be rebuilt, and replace the broken driver's side driveshaft. Once these couple of things are taken care of I have a couple of brake tweaks to do and then it's pretty much track ready, although I'll probably run laps on street tyres this time around, I can't justify a new set of track tyres when I should be focused on that pesky K24 EF. I decided to swap out both the axles so I can get them rebuilt as a spare set, so with this in mind I procured a set of driveshafts off a better condition DC5R than mine (Thanks dnapol!):

In the process, Mugen front struts out. Notice the nemesis in the background keeping an eye on the sneaky things I'm doing to my superior MR DC5R. I adjusted the length of my Todd's tie rods at this point, these things just paid for themselves; lengthening them was much easier than swapping the whole tie rod as I had to with my previous DIY modified tie rods.

Front strut in. I used a set of Type S front struts kindly lent to me by forum member Daz, possibly without his knowledge. One unfortunate consequence of borrowing without permission is that I don't know where the rear shocks are and couldn't very well ask, so todays work was limited to the front only.

Here's the drain pan full of the Red Line MTL out of the gearbox, wrapped in plastic to keep dust and dirt out of it. The reason for this is that I poured it back into the gearbox because I'm cheap. Felt pretty good afterward, probably a result of all the metal in the oil ending up at the bottom of the drain pain.

The end of the passenger side axle. The big nut on the end of this axle was not tight enough when I removed which has almost definitely significantly shortened the life of the wheel bearing judging by the rust and gunge in the back of it. Will have to order a new hub and bearing.

A few more bolts and nuts turned and a few swings of the torque wrench later and here's the ridiculous end result. Massive rearward rake brings the ladies I hope. Driving the car is not as scary as I thought it would be given the roughly 5/28kg/mm front to rear spring rate split, I've set the rear shocks to full soft and only bigger bumps make it feel like the back end is going to jump off the tarmac.

Next up is to get the rear shocks swapped to OEM so I can get the set sent off to be rebuilt. I'll also need to order a few bits to fix the brakes, including brake pads. I think I'll use the same Hawk DTC-60 and DTC-30 combination I have on the CR-X this time. Then re-fit the shocks when they turn up again, put some fluids in it and it should be track ready. I can't say when this will happen, but this year for sure!

Thanks to Mugsee for the loan of the OEM wheels to avoid mexiflushness and the help today.
          Last edited by ChargeR; 13-01-13, 05:48 PM.

Comment

The DC5R

Mugen rebuild time! Nice. Can't wait to see this on the track too.
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice to see the progress! The car looks stock and a bit strange with less than -4 camber on stock wheels.

Comment

Re: The DC5R

As above looking forward to seeing this on the track Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  Mugen rebuild time! Nice. Can't wait to see this on the track too.
                  Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                  As above looking forward to seeing this on the track Tom!
                  Thanks guys! I'm with you, can't wait to run a few more laps in it to see whether fresh tyres and shocks and a bit of practice can get me that elusive 37.

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  Nice to see the progress! The car looks stock and a bit strange with less than -4 camber on stock wheels.
                  Thanks fellow boss man, it felt great to be driving and working on this car again! It's strange to drive too, the nose up attitude combined with my low seat means I can't see things in front of me. I drove over the edge of a traffic island on the way home .

Comment

Re: ♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

37s on street tyres? if anyone can do it, it'd be the legendary ChargeR.

Comment

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Tom if you hit 37's on street tyres I think I will just give up lol :P would be quite an achievement with your current level of modifications

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                        37s on street tyres? if anyone can do it, it'd be the legendary ChargeR.
                        Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                        Tom if you hit 37's on street tyres I think I will just give up lol :P would be quite an achievement with your current level of modifications
                        Ha I said 37s on "fresh tyres", I already have good street tyres so if I bought fresh tyres they wouldn't be streets, most likely something with two circumferential grooves .

Comment

Mugen N1 removal part 2

Yesterday I finally had a chance to remove the rear shocks from the Integra, and replace them with some OEM Type S items borrowed from forum member Daz (Thanks guy!). So the car is 4WD style for the near future, if you see me around try not to laugh. Here's the Mugen N1s all out of the car ready to be stripped down for their little holiday back to their homeland.

Half way through, the shocks are pretty easy to strip down, particularly as last time I put them together before WTAC 2010 I coated them in copper based anti seize, so the collars all came undone with a light tap with the trusty hammer and screwdriver. I rattled off the top nuts and then it was just a matter of the time consuming process of spinning the collars and lower brackets off the struts and rear shocks. Here's the set fully stripped and ready to go, surprisingly they only weigh 10kg and should fit in a box around 600 x 200 x 150 mm so hopefully shipping won't be too exorbitant.

I'll update again after I've received the shocks back from rebuild. Looking forward to having them back in the car, not looking forward to the bill from Mugen.

Comment

How do you have so much space!
                            Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Nice update mate. But what makes the Mugen shocks so special for them not to be able to be rebuilt somewhere in Australia? I hope the bill from Mugen isn't too dear!
                              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Looking promising as always Tom!
                                I'll always remember what you said, anything that mugen make it's pretty much gold proof and the condition of the shocks is showing that!
                                Can't wait to see em rebuilt!

Comment

Working...
                                X