♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
    and black framed glasses? emo look again tom?

can't wait till superlap! where did you mount your fire ex? I asked a few people and they drilled to the floor i dont wanna drill into the chassis
    I am your friendly local Honda driving emo.

Don't drill into your car guy. Here is a picture of my fire extinguisher mounting. It is bolted to an aluminium bracket that bolts on where the two front seat rail bolts are. A fellow in the Honda Sports Car Club of VIC used to make them for a few bucks but you can make your own with a sheet of aluminium and some basic tools.

Originally posted by maracer View Post
    keen to see how they look on
    Me too Mario, me too .

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
    Any idea on how the hub is going to hold up guy? I thought you were already concerned when you were running the "narrow" Type Cs. Is it just a case of suck it and see? Ghetto fab laws would dictate that unless the wheel snaps off you're doing OK.
    I am sure my wheels/hubs will stay on, if they stay on with 275 Hoosier R6s on a +15 offset wheel then a 255 street tyre on a +18 should be fine. Ghetto fab rules are that if it works then don't try and fix it and OEM parts are often worth keeping. I don't mind replacing wheel bearings often if the vicious rumours about the effects of lower offset wheels is true.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Originally posted by markR View Post
    daaammmm!!

Originally posted by lil_foy View Post
    Lets hope so
    Best of luck!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Volk bronze is the most amazing colour, test fit them first even without a tyre just to look at the colour pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Thanks for the well wishes but bronze is gross and they have a fair bit of gutter rash, so a repaint is a necessity. I do agree that the Volk bronze finish is beautiful but it is just not for me.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    cool - don't want you on three wheels heading towards turn 2
    Me either. I like my wheels too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Thanks for the well wishes but bronze is gross and they have a fair bit of gutter rash, so a repaint is a necessity. I do agree that the Volk bronze finish is beautiful but it is just not for me.
      Any idea of what colour you'll paint them?
      Black?

Comment

Any idea of what colour you'll paint them?
        Black?
        Yep matte black. Going to keep the mismatched white/black theme and I am much too lazy to go through the effort of getting a good gloss white finish on them only to see it damaged by brake dust etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Yep matte black. Going to keep the mismatched white/black theme and I am much too lazy to go through the effort of getting a good gloss white finish on them only to see it damaged by brake dust etc.
          Sounds good guy, let me know where/when you get your wheels painted. I may join you :P
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

what sort of camber will be needed to fit the te37s?

look awesome btw
            "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

the progress looks awesome.......seems like you are ready to test ur new settings and crash my record.....lol......feel so left out coz there is nth left for me.....but hopefully when I make my return there will be some suprise for you guys....lol......Can't wait to see some amazing results and pics on both superlaps and winton......
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                Sounds good guy, let me know where/when you get your wheels painted. I may join you :P
                I don't think you will want to send them to Tasmania so that I can paint them with a can .

Originally posted by aidannn View Post
                what sort of camber will be needed to fit the te37s?

look awesome btw
                Thanks. I will be running about -4.5 at the front. It would clear with less but I need to fit the 275 Hoosiers as well and I don't want to change aligments between track days. I would bet money that the TEs with a 255 would clear the guards at about -4 and in the future I will be experimenting with less camber.

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                the progress looks awesome.......seems like you are ready to test ur new settings and crash my record.....lol......feel so left out coz there is nth left for me.....but hopefully when I make my return there will be some suprise for you guys....lol......Can't wait to see some amazing results and pics on both superlaps and winton......
                Thanks mate, I would be extremely happy if I could get close to your time . Going to bring back an FD2R?

Comment

Thats the plan.....but lets see what happen......
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

This weekend I achieved a couple of small things on the car. I prepared the TE37s for paint, using varying grades of sandpaper and a scotchbrite pad. I had initially flirted with the idea of getting them professionally stripped but that costs money. Due to my brother running an amateur panel shop all the materials and paint were free and he even painted them for me:

Here they are primed, no pictures of the finished product at the moment because they hadn't completely dried when I left the workshop last night and the light was poor in any case. I was extremely pleased with the outcome though:

I also disassembled and cleaned my coilovers ready to re-install them into the car. The rears were very reluctant to come apart and took a little gentle heating, the coating on the steel damper appears to have partially corroded away and it had fused itself to the aluminium sleeve. I will be liberally coating it with anti-seize when I put them back together, and with any luck now the car is retired from daily duty this type of wear and tear will be minimised:

Tyres will be fitted on Thursday, I wanted to allow some time for the paint to dry, and then I will start re-assembling my suspension .
                    Last edited by ChargeR; 28-03-10, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Looking great!!!!
                      Can you get them fully stripped though? Iirc they are anodized so i'm guessing thats why it'd cost abit.

Comment

Damn that's wide!

Hey.. there's a fly on your freshly painted wheels!!!! It's prolly writing its name on it :P

Can't wait to see it on the car Tom... Hope it made some improvements too : )

Comment

wow that looks awesome guy!
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Looking great Tom sorry I can't join you guys for Superlap this year. But on the brighter note my DB8 is almost up and ready to go I get my custom 80mm exhaust done on Tuesday and Tuning on Thursday. So I should have pictures up for you guys soon.
                            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrTran View Post
                              Looking great Tom sorry I can't join you guys for Superlap this year. But on the brighter note my DB8 is almost up and ready to go I get my custom 80mm exhaust done on Tuesday and Tuning on Thursday. So I should have pictures up for you guys soon.
                              When are you heading back to visit us next guy? Definitely post pics of the DB8 and maybe some of your other ride too .

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              wow that looks awesome guy!
                              Yeah I was very tempted to leave them like that .

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                              Damn that's wide!

Hey.. there's a fly on your freshly painted wheels!!!! It's prolly writing its name on it :P

Can't wait to see it on the car Tom... Hope it made some improvements too : )
                              Not wide enough . They will see worse than a few flies before their life is done and I hope that that the additional wheel girth makes for improvement too.

Looking great!!!!
                              Can you get them fully stripped though? Iirc they are anodized so i'm guessing thats why it'd cost abit.
                              Thanks fellow. I am not sure what process would be best to strip the anodized finish off, it was certainly very resistant to my sanding efforts. After the matte black starts to get a bit tired I may consider having them stripped and repainted properly though.

Comment

oo guy ur wheels are weaksauce haha

Comment

Working...
                                X