No announcement yet.

DC2R - Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also budget for a spare set of wheels and tyres for when it rains. Some of the treaded slicks (e.g. my track RE55’s) are a bit iffy in the wet compared to my normal road tyres. I’d hate to see you spend all that time and money and the thing goes straight ahead at a wet roundabout.
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

lol -- ok ..

Bought the thermostat and the fan switch as cheap insurance reducing the chance of overheating etc .. Cheap really, and I would rather use a slim line radiator with a lower coolant capacity but higher cooling capacity in the end .. Less weight in the nose then.

I bought the RT615's as a street tyre, I will buy some more advan's for the track .. Looking at buying second set of wheels soon and don't know which ones yet .. Te37 is obvious shortlister.. Probably 16" max, would love to keep a 15" and put some fatter tyres on it (7" - 7.5") would be awesome, not sure if possible though.

So yeah, those tyres were the best I could get my hands on for the price at the time and I actually thought they were semi slicks until I drove on them .. still good, but not semi slick territory. Suprisingly I found them ok in the rain but my old tyres were fucked and hopeless tyres anyway.

Tinkerbell -- Not saying that at all, I am saying that I will install the suspension with a limited 25-30mm drop in height.
      1) I want to clear things still
      2) it is still a street car at this stage remember
      3) once I've had the suspension in for a bit (ie 1 mth) I will get a whole assembly of control arms to reduce weight further and fix the adjustability issue. From what I understand only around 2.5deg is used on the track and bugger all on the back with some toe out right?

Hopefully have this out at the track in the next 1-2 months, will see what she can do. Figners crossed suspension arrives in a day or two.
      Last edited by ewendc2r; 16-06-08, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Ok - The Fightex dampers arrived today .. Will write up a review once installed. Damn fine looking units, like a poor kid on christmas I was when they arrived!

Comment

If your going for semi's for track then make sure you get good ones. I dont remember which but some dont like to be heat cycled too many times. I know RE55s are ok with heat cycles.

Talk to someone who knows... or do some searching for comments on this topic (using google)..

Comment

ewen.. where are the pics?!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

will take some tomorrow -- lol .. Hey was thinking, chances of just getting the fender from you? would be easier to courier thats all

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                If your going for semi's for track then make sure you get good ones. I dont remember which but some dont like to be heat cycled too many times. I know RE55s are ok with heat cycles.

Talk to someone who knows... or do some searching for comments on this topic (using google)..
                Likely be using Dunlop or Advan -- Both are fine for heat cycling and preference is for the Advan at this stage, really liked the feel of that tyre.

Comment

Ok.. So I am replacing bushings etc and there is a long and expensive list to replace them all. 1 Question -- Do they need to be replaced after 100,000kms or are some ok for a while yet? I guess if you replace them all it makes the whole package a bit better doesn't it.

Comment

Can you give us any more info on the planned SC setup? I'm pretty interested to know where you're going with this - is it giong to be a custom setup? And why the build thread without the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
                      Ok.. So I am replacing bushings etc and there is a long and expensive list to replace them all. 1 Question -- Do they need to be replaced after 100,000kms or are some ok for a while yet? I guess if you replace them all it makes the whole package a bit better doesn't it.
                      only replace what is damaged or worn - saves time/money...

or do the whole lot if you wnt to feel like driving on a set of train tracks...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Tinkerbell -- Yeah I might just put the shocks in, see how it is and review them, then install bushes etc when I do lower arms etc.. Then I can gauge effectiveness of each mod / replacement etc.

I will get some photos up, don't have a digital camera so need to wait :P

The SC kit is likely to be custom as there isn't a kit that does my job as I want it, but looking at a Rotrex Centrifugal type charger with small intercooler setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
                          will take some tomorrow -- lol .. Hey was thinking, chances of just getting the fender from you? would be easier to courier thats all
                          send me an email y0..
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                          X