No announcement yet.

My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely. I do have concerns about haldex driven cars on race tracks though. I still think in this segment the Japanese manufacturers do AWD better.

If I were after a daily driven car like that it'd be the R. The Evo feels cheap and isn't at all comfortable for everyday duties.

Comment

Type S > Type R :P

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
        Absolutely. I do have concerns about haldex driven cars on race tracks though. I still think in this segment the Japanese manufacturers do AWD better.

If I were after a daily driven car like that it'd be the R. The Evo feels cheap and isn't at all comfortable for everyday duties.
        oh shi-

here comes monty telling ppl on a honda forum that VW is the best

Blaze Orange

Comment

Anyway...

New rims are on and look awesome! I'm getting a little scrubbing, but it's only on plastic, so I'll "trim" these on the weekend.

I'll try and get out on Sunday and get some pics of the new rims!

Comment

balllerrrrr babyyy

Comment

any chance to take pic yesterday Robi?

ps. QR was great on Saturday lol

Edit: saw your pic on JDMST. cheers
              Last edited by Philip Lee; 01-11-10, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hey Philip... I ended up going to the horse races for my football team for a break up party. I'll come out... soon... I hope.

Update... forum went down as I was just about to post the pics.

ENJOY!

Comment

it's alright Robi, you missed out lol

seriously it was a good day and i'll do more in 2011. its a good track for newb but i still have a lot to learn, the main things being braking and down shift heel/toe.

anyway enough OT. can't wait to see your new wheels in person. you seemed to have reset your ride height and it's perfect now.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                    can't wait to see your new wheels in person. you seemed to have reset your ride height and it's perfect now.
                    Actually... I made no changes to the suspension from when I had the Advans on there.

Basically had the tyres mounted to the rims, rim balanced, lifted the car with the car jack, took the Advans off, put the TE37's on.

I'm thinking of maybe adding a little bit more camber to the front... maybe.

Comment

freaking hoottt! nice work bud!

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        I'm thinking of maybe adding a little bit more camber to the front... maybe.
                        i would!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                          i would!
                          Done... I'll get it done this weekend... either -2 or -3.

It'll handle like cr@p... but it'll look awesome!

Comment

u need more camber for track. i'm currently about -1 at the front and i want more now.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Done... I'll get it done this weekend... either -2 or -3.

It'll handle like cr@p... but it'll look awesome!
                              Why? Increasing camber helps with turn in and cornering grip. Only in extreme cases (> -3 degrees) will the car be a little tricky to drive in a straight line. Wider wheels have a greater effect than more camber.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                                Why? Increasing camber helps with turn in and cornering grip. Only in extreme cases (> -3 degrees) will the car be a little tricky to drive in a straight line. Wider wheels have a greater effect than more camber.
                                Yep. When my coils snapped and i had to go back to stock camber i was in shock at how much better the car feels with camber.
                                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X