Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cambo's AP1 S2000 project

Hi all,

Earlier this year I bought a crash damaged S2000! I thought I'd best share the story, I will hopefully (when I get some time) put together a few Vlogs of the whole project for you to join in the fun.

It is a 2002 AP1 with around 113k km, in Berlina Black with the full red interior. It had a front passenger side impact and damaged the suspension and front guard, bonnet, bumper, headlight and door.

Picked up the S2000 - trusty Sprinter doing its job as usual.
    S2000 collection day by cameronjbell, on Flickr

2018-07-03_05-40-24 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

With all its new friends in its new home in my shed

S2000 makes it home by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Impact broke the front LHS suspension knuckle!
    S2000 damaged suspension by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Started by stripping the old broken suspension out and replacing with a complete set of upper and lower arms and knuckle so the car could be rolling properly again. The original coilover was undamaged! They will be replaced with something better soon anyway.

20180502_182120 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180502_182116 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180502_182120 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180502_191138 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180502_191146 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Put a spare NSX wheel on it to move it around

20180502_194915 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

More to come soon!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Finally a thread for this car! Can't wait to read more about it 🙂
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Finally a thread for this car! Can't wait to read more about it 
      Thanks Shak! I can't wait to drive it on the road

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Love Cam box the Sprinter!

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
          Love Cam box the Sprinter!
          Such a handy vehicle in my fleet. I towed a car back from Sydney AND carried a 2 post hoist in the back of the van and averaged 12.6L/100km... pretty impressive I reckon [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Gave the interior a deep clean - the red vinyl certainly grabs a lot of dirt and looks awful. It looked a whole lot fresher after some scrubbing.

20180422_002806 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180417_225443 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

20180417_225451 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Surrounded by family

20180417_200546 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Popped the valve cover for a look. Looks fairly clean Will replace the intake valve retainers and TCT etc as a preventative measure once the body repairs are complete.

20180424_220205 by cameronjbell, on Flickr

Comment

Very nice! What did you use to clean the interior?
              Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
              Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
              Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

exciting new project!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                  Very nice! What did you use to clean the interior?
                  Just used warm water and a Meguiars APC with a detailing brush to get the majority of the dirt out of the grain of the vinyl, then used interior detailer with a MF towel to finish it up. I didn't like the red at first, but I think it was mostly because it was grubby

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  exciting new project!
                  Thanks! I'm excited too

Comment

Motor looks clean!

I am guessing the suspension mounting points haven't shifted all that much or at all? So once the arms and any suspension parts are replaced, it should drive nice?
                    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Makes me want an S2000 now...really look forward to your build threads!

Oh, and love the NB

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                        Motor looks clean!

I am guessing the suspension mounting points haven't shifted all that much or at all? So once the arms and any suspension parts are replaced, it should drive nice?
                        Yeah, there was only one bolt hole that was very slightly damaged which was in the subframe (have a replacement subframe anyway). The chassis will be measured and checked professionally by a local shop who has a chassis aligner/jig to ensure it is spot on before any work begins
                        Originally posted by Apu View Post
                        Makes me want an S2000 now...really look forward to your build threads!

Oh, and love the NB
                        Thanks man! The NB is Aaron's, SE with ~200kw atw It is fun to say the least!! He's always giving me grief about the fact that he has the fastest convertible in the household so I'll have to do something about that [emoji48]

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                          Yeah, there was only one bolt hole that was very slightly damaged which was in the subframe (have a replacement subframe anyway). The chassis will be measured and checked professionally by a local shop who has a chassis aligner/jig to ensure it is spot on before any work begins
                          Thanks man! The NB is Aaron's, SE with ~200kw atw It is fun to say the least!! He's always giving me grief about the fact that he has the fastest convertible in the household so I'll have to do something about that [emoji48]

All the best with the repairs!
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Shigeru Uehara would be smiling at the trio in your collection Cam! [emoji106]
                            Skibeemo.com

Comment

cant wait to see the final outcome of this build/fix/resto

Comment

Working...
                              X