Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James' 02 DC5R

Hey all,
    My name is James and I am 20 years old from Sydney, Australia.
    I am personally only very new to the Honda game, coming from owning a 6th Generation Celica which was my first car that I owned for 2 years. Transforming it drastically from, this;

to this;

After selling the Celica earlier this year, I was on the search for a Honda Integra DC2R after test driving a friend of mine's and loved it! After looking for a little while and having no luck, since a lot of the cars had seen better days and had many mechanical issues, I thought to myself what about a DC5R?
    The next night (3/4/16) on ozhonda's Facebook page a clean, Arctic Blue (my preferred colour for the DC5R) DC5R popped up for sale with a decent price tag and good mileage. So about an hour later I messaged the owner and organised to see the car the following day. When seeing the car it was extremely clean inside and out! with only 132,000kms on the clock too! It had some good modifications done, some were just not very daily friendly in my opinion haha.
    The cars mods when I went to look at it were;
    - J's Racing 60RS Catback Exhaust
    - Buddy Club racing headers
    - HD Clutch & Lightened Flywheel
    - AVID Racing Engine Mounts
    - Whiteline front and rear sway bars
    - Cusco front and rear strut bracing
    - Mugen Airbox
    - EP3R 18" Wheels in gloss black
    - Buddy Club N+ height and damper adjustable coilovers
    and a Hondata K-Pro ECU tuned to 141Kw ATW based on Dyno sheets (also revving out to 8650rpm)

and here are a couple of pictures from when I went to see it;

After a short test drive, I bargained a price I was happy with and came back later that day to pick It up.

Then with my plates on and OEM plate holder :P

After a few weeks I decided to remove the J's Racing Exhaust, Headers, engine mounts and airbox (Because it was broken) to make it more daily suitable. I went back to stock system and engine mounts. The exhaust was great, but just too loud for daily in my opinion coming from such a tame Celica before hand, same goes for the engine mounts, was just too harsh of a ride. At the same time, I got the car a complete service, to make sure it all checks out.

Once that was all sorted, I started looking for some new wheels rather than the EP3R stock wheels in gloss black that it came with. The offset and size was just all wrong for the car, causing it to handle averagely. After searching for AGESS I found some Stock Evo IX wheels which I loved the look of since they are similar to the DC5R JDM stock wheels, just a better size and fitment, since they were 17x8+38 which is almost perfect fitment on the DC5 without having to roll guards.

Also Type R grille Badge

I'm much happier with these wheels! just need to go 225/45 tires rather than the current 235/45. I also have some custom made centre caps with red H logo's ready to go on.

After a little while again, I was sick of the complete silence with the stock exhaust, so I decided to go for the Mugen Twin-Loop Exhaust which I had found on gumtree for a great price for the full catback. This is now installed on my car and id highly recommend it!

Exhaust Clip:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIMP1GMD...-by=jamesf_007

Now I'm sure there are a few things I've skipped, but this is just my brief introduction! She has her few imperfections but I'm keen to see what the future holds for my Arctic Blue DC5R!

Last edited by JFXtreme007; 07-08-16, 12:02 AM.

About time you made a build thread. I will follow this closely. Keen to see what you do with this. Official welcome to ClubITR. Hopefully we see you at the next meet or annual BBQ.

Comment

very clean mate. I ran Mugen twinloop with buddcluby headers back in the day, sounded very nice for a daily and no drone. The EVO wheels give off a nice early-2000's JDM look too

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
        About time you made a build thread. I will follow this closely. Keen to see what you do with this. Official welcome to ClubITR. Hopefully we see you at the next meet or annual BBQ.
        Haha yeah, I had to wait for my profile to be unlocked :P But thankyou for the kind welcome! and ill certainly try my best to be at the annual BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
          very clean mate. I ran Mugen twinloop with buddcluby headers back in the day, sounded very nice for a daily and no drone. The EVO wheels give off a nice early-2000's JDM look too
          Thankyou very much And yeah its the perfect daily exhaust I think, nice crisp tone on the outside and little to no sound on the inside! And glad you like the EVO wheels haha :P

Comment

It's a shame you removed the J's racing exhaust! they produce such an awesome sound, did you keep it in case you changed your mind?

Comment

Welcome James!

That's definitely a clean example you have there
              Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by k20BOOSTED View Post
                It's a shame you removed the J's racing exhaust! they produce such an awesome sound, did you keep it in case you changed your mind?
                It was a great sound at higher RPM's but a very much track orientated exhaust, the drone was just awful too haha. So I actually sold it and put the money towards the Mugen twin-loop which are not cheap if you go genuine haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                  Welcome James!

That's definitely a clean example you have there
                  Thankyou very much
                  and she is pretty clean! got a few minor things to patch up and she'll be good as new, just a matter of time

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                    Welcome James.

That's a nice ABP DC5R you have!
                    I really appreciate the warm welcome and kind words Thankyou!

Comment

Originally posted by JFXtreme007 View Post
                      It was a great sound at higher RPM's but a very much track orientated exhaust, the drone was just awful too haha. So I actually sold it and put the money towards the Mugen twin-loop which are not cheap if you go genuine haha
                      I actually thought the J's 60mm was a perfect tone for street use and way too tame for track use. Driving Jack's black DC5R with the J's exhaust was memorable, was a great sound. But to each their own. Glad you found something you were happy with in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                        I actually thought the J's 60mm was a perfect tone for street use and way too tame for track use. Driving Jack's black DC5R with the J's exhaust was memorable, was a great sound. But to each their own. Glad you found something you were happy with in the end.
                        Yeah it really is very each to there own with exhausts haha. But I have heard it was the buddy club headers that made the exhaust so extremely droney.

Comment

I'm a sucker for loud exhausts so the J's exhaust with buddy club headers is a match made in heaven for me. Mugen twin loop is quality and much more tame, you do daily (and are used to the celica style) so it suits you a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                          X