Dave's Poorman's Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave's Poorman's Story

Hey guys, finally here again (about time...).

Story time!

Here is my introduction I made on the forum some 2 months ago.

I had finally sold my Lexus IS200 and began looking for a black DC5 Type S (boy those are rare, especially ones that haven't been thrashed). Couple of weeks later, and after 2 or 3 inspections (considering there were/are only very few on the market at the moment) I landed on this baby:

Yes I know I'm sorry about the rims... I haven't had a closer look at the wheel specs yet (oddly enough didn't bother checking it out during inspection), but I know they are 18" and look hella ugly. Funnily enough my older brother doesn't see why they are so ugly. Or maybe it's just me.

Anyhow I picked her up from a single female owner, driven with only 115kms for a 2004 model, and has barely been used in the past couple of years. The owner (not trying to generalise females here) seemed to have neglected the exterior of the car by quite a lot. There is a sizeable amount of rusting on the passenger side door near the roof where the seals are, cracked paint everywhere and keying everywhere. She may have also reversed into a pole at some point. Lots of popped paint and oxidised headlights.

Why did I choose to go with this car?

The owner seemed to have some knowledge of cars and mechanics, the engine seemed to be clean and hasn't been abused, in comparison to some other cars which I saw, one with 190k kms with a few tasty mods, though had 7 owners, current one was a young lad who didn't seem too polite, and another who the owner boasted about the car being in amazing condition for it's age at 140k kms and describing only a "small tear" on driver's seat. Well that turned out to be completely opposite with its somewhat 30cm large rip on the seat, misaligned panels, and had already set on a price.

This one I grabbed for a mere 10.5. Best bang for buck I'd say? Drove smoothly, transmission was smooth (4th gear a little shaky on the gearbox though) but nothing that was a deal breaker, especially for that price and low kms. So I bought it.

Now I've given the car a small wash but the plan is to get it resprayed and fixed up to look (almost) brand new. With the cash I saved from purchasing the car I'm able to somewhat afford some cosmetic repairs. Mechanically it just needed a full service.

So that's it! Tl;dr sold car, saw 2-3 cars, ended up with car I'd least thought I would buy cos ugly ass rims, plan to respray first before anything because rust spreads like cancer.

Cheers, more stories soon

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Journal starts here!

15/06/16 - Installed left and right blindspot mirrors from SuperCheap
    20/06/16 - Replaced interior lights with LEDs (dome and map lights)
    23/06/16 - LED Parker lights arrived and installed, HID kit arrived (waiting for X-clips to arrive), ClubITR sticker arrived - to be installed!
    Last edited by DRKSDE; 23-06-16, 01:42 PM.

Welcome back dude!

Thanks for keeping this under wraps from me for a week making me think you were still car-less!

ahaha but it's okay car feels great with my 15 sec test drive up the driveway

looking forward to the progress

Comment

Welcome mate!

The car definitely presents itself as a clean example of a Type S
      Shak's S2000

Comment

welcome mate.

Fredh respray, budget for a gearbox rebuild and change clutch setup, and you have an awesome car that will last for years to come!

Yes change those wheels asap!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Working...
        X