Manny's B20 frank EG8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny's B20 frank EG8

Hey guys! After being encouraged by Dustin a good friend and clubitr member I decided to start a build thread, hope you enjoy

the beginning:
    December 17 2014 was the day I got my probationary license ( my birthday) by this time I had worked for 3 years at a pizza shop, mostly weekends I never took saving for a first car seriously as my dad had promised me a honda prelude 1992 that sadly my sister crashed in early 2013. from then onwards I told my dad I would get a car myself. So back to December 17 2014, I finally got my ps!, the same year I dropped out of uni And had enough for a car ( $2000.....) I searched endlessly but obviously with that budget you're bound to only get lemons. One day I was on Gumtree scrolling endlessly and I saw this title " 1994 HONDA CIVIC RWC 6MONTHS REGO", I did not read a thing about the car just went straight to details and messaged the car yard for an inspection. 4hours later I was looking at this faded, old and bland Honda civic eg8 but the thing that got me was the log books, chassis and the honest owner. Fast forward to a week later I had bought the car with rwc done and everything, I drove to the carwash and met with friends they were all happy for me as they had been driving me around till I got a car. The main thing that was said was " is it reliable " and " as if you got it for less then 2000"

Fast forward to today ( 12th of may 2016) and have not had a single Issue! Even with thousands of kms doing delivery driving at the same pizza place while I was in uni. My intent was to daily this and buy and s2000 but after I got to know Dustin while my car was still stock (2015) I realised how costly it would be and I wasn't will to spend that kind of money on maintenance mods etc and not just that but I had dropped out of uni same time I had got my ps to be a tradie, so I also plan to get a daily . I thought to myself that I want a fast car that I won't spend mortgage type of money, that I can drive on the streets with out getting attention but still end up being fun. Around the same time I was thinking of what I can do, sadly my car got broken into and vandalised

This ment I had to buy a new drivers side door and windows which barely fit in my car, I needed this fixed asap as I work full time and my car has an alarm system which needs to be rewired . This stressed me out incredibly, everywhere cbs or was busy, I made a post on Melbourne Honda club and sales and a guy by the name of Jimmy inboxes me " hey man I can fix that for you easy next week" this was bitter sweet because I found someone who could do it but I really wanted it fixed on the Friday because I planned to drive to Winton to watch Dustin race. Once Jimmy knew of this he inboxed me again saying " let's get you to Winton" I didn't get why he would free up his schedule just to fit me in so I could go to Winton?. The next day I arrived at his and saw a Dc5r, crx, euro and a dc2 jdm front, I looked closer and the plates were " V ITR" turns out it was the Elusive Racing owner and his good mates.They were all rushing and servicing there cars for Winton double day which was Tommorow, which further amazed me because they still fit me in. The way Jimmy and the rest treated me that day was like they knew me for ages even though they had better things to do, this was a pivotal moment in my build. I got along with Jimmy and the rest at elusive racing so well and Jimmy had mentioned if I want a car thats faster then an s2k " B20 frank your Car" this idea truly fascinated me because not alot of people have eg sedans and certainly not many fast ones, after that day I kept in contact with all them and hung out with them a few times, fast forward to December and Jimmy who told me to go b20b8 bottom and B18CR head was moving on to turbo his Eg, this was a perfect time, why? Because the main worry with buying engines is false kms and bad condition, the thing that made this perfect was that Jimmy had the exact motor, I trust him and have been in his car before. New years day my car was at elusive racing hq, Kenny and Jimmy plus a few others started on putting in jimmys well maintained and healthy B20/CR into my car

The turnover period was incredibley fast and we'll done, being a tradie full time I couldn't be there much so they helped me out and took my car to get a custom intake by havoc the following day and a custom b pipe leading onto a spoon n1 axleback at jvn garage. Last but not least the car was ready to be tuned! The next day

Look at the torque figures!, the tune went to plan and it was such a smooth process, I picked up the car same weekend and it alot faster then I expected and I was definitely impressed!. This is just the beginning of my car build and I have so much more planned as I got accepted into h nationals hope you enjoyed the read!
    Below is the mod list for those interested

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yessssss!!! Awesome work man. Never knew the back story of your car. Looking forward to everything that's planned for the sleeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustinyo View Post
      Yessssss!!! Awesome work man. Never knew the back story of your car. Looking forward to everything that's planned for the sleeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      As if, thanks man

Comment

good stuff man can't wait to see what is in store for the future of this car!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your build.

Now you've got the power and drivetrain sorted what have you got planned for wheels, tyres and suspension?
          Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Comment

Originally posted by Grant@Honed View Post
            Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your build.

Now you've got the power and drivetrain sorted what have you got planned for wheels, tyres and suspension?
            Funny you mention that grant, I inboxed you yesterday about bump steer and the brake duct remember? I run spoon coilovers (14kg front and 12kg rear) itr front sway and only 15mm rear which I'm upgrading, alot more stuff to do with camber arms bushings etc

Comment

Originally posted by sheehanpereira View Post
              good stuff man can't wait to see what is in store for the future of this car!
              Thanks man!

Comment

Nice build mate, cool to see more sedans getting modified!

Comment

Impressive build.

Is the header close to the ground?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Impressive build.

Is the header close to the ground?
                    Yeah man kinda! How'd you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuelchibs View Post
                      Yeah man kinda! How'd you know?

B series life
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Oh wow nice build dude! Im in the process of building a B20 frank myself, did you keep the bottom end stock for this motor?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinnguyens View Post
                          Oh wow nice build dude! Im in the process of building a B20 frank myself, did you keep the bottom end stock for this motor?
                          Hey thanks man, yeah it's currently stock I'm fairly sure

Comment

Awesome build man- Sedans are sick, good choice on the frankenstein motor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
                              Awesome build man- Sedans are sick, good choice on the frankenstein motor as well.
                              Thanks man! ☺

Comment

Working...
                              X