No announcement yet.

Rebuilding for more boost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks very much guys, means a lot! I have to wait a fue weeks to get in to fab up the exhaust and cooler piping. That gives me some time to finish (fuel lines correctly) and cheak over everything. Then running in for 500km or so. After that we will see how we go.

Comment

More purty stuff rolled up this week and I got some time to fit it up. The rocker cover is exactly the colour I wanted. Looks dark and plan in the shade but pops in the sun.
      Inter cooler brackets are now all welded in place just need to nut insert and bolt down on the weekend.just other nick na kms still to do.
      Attached Files

Comment

And some more quick pics
        Attached Files

Comment

I have been finishing off the odds and ends this week. Finished the boost solenoid boost lines, mounted the soleniod under the manifold. Mounted up the vacuum block and lines to gauge, fuel regulator and bov.

Next was to disconnect the injectors so I could crank over the engine to get oil pressure, so nervous as it is the first time after the rebuild. after a fue seconds oil light went out and oil pressure gauge started to come up. so I refitted the injector wires and with two revolutions it coughed. Retried and it fired nicely with no odd noises. I was only able to run it for a fue seconds due to no exhaust after the turbo. It's a big relief just to know it will start and so far nothing odd!

I am now super excited to get the piping done and run the car! I was hoping to get to the jap nationals at Ipswich raceway in two weeks but I am a week or two late if all goes well. As always some pic to follow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well done!!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice work! It's nice when a motor fires first(ish) try like that.

Comment

Thanks guys for the support! My guy for the cooler and exhaust piping is crazy busy at the moment so I am waiting for the call to get it in to him.
                For the first time in a long time I had time on the weekend so I went up to Ipswich raceway to the jap nationals. A smaller turn out than I was expecting but good numbers of Hondas. The evos and skylines we in solid numbers and some high quality items,the Honda world was all there in the show cars. A hand full of Civics one with a k20 swap, an s2k that looked to have a water to air cooler up front? A very clean dc2r that was a credit to the owner. On track Honda had a strong showing as well.
                Stephens dc5r was setting the pace in pro am class for the Hondas and he had pb's on both circuits. Crazy cool sound as blasted past with Itb's induction and then ear piercing exhaust note.Two dc2r's witch had awesome vtec sound coming on to the main straight(one b and one k engines) aswell as an s2k singing a sweet vtec song. The madness that is Mighty Mouse was also lapping at silly speeds and sticking it to the evo's and nissans.only got a fue photos so I thought I would share.
                Attached Files

Comment

Fellow Gold Coast-ian!
                  Would love to meet up some time...
                  Any updates?

Comment

Scrowetom first welcome to itr forum! Nice car you have. There are very fue type r's around here. Most people don't even know what they are or how good they are. Where did you purchase you car from? Another Gold Coast type r is great to see.

Once I am up and running I will look into setting up some meets. My car is due to get some pipe work done in the next week or two. Then run the engine in and back to the dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                      Once I am up and running I will look into setting up some meets. My car is due to get some pipe work done in the next week or two. Then run the engine in and back to the dyno.
                      Yes!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

It's taking a long time as my guy dose a lot of drag race cars and with the winter nationals next week he has major clients cars to get right. I may help crew one or two days myself. He was telling me he fab and tuned a 1100hp k series in Dubai. All sorts of crazy stuff.

Comment

The car is now in the hands of my fab man getting the all the piping done I will up date with pics when I can get down there. He is very professional in asking how I want it done and suggesting alternative solutions if needed. We spent around an hour on this alone.

Comment

Just a quick update. Exhaust has been made up of full stainless 3 inch all the way. Full 3inch down pipe with screamer pipe back in to exhaust done despite the difficulties of lack of room. Some of the cooler piping also done. I'm going to see him tonight and I will get some pics.

Comment

Got to run the car for a solid 20-25 minutes now the exhaust and cooler piping is finished. All went really well just two things to sort. One tiny water leak, needs screw style hose clamp instead of the tension style and o2sensor reads full rich all the time? Exhaust is quieter than before despite a huge muffler now not in the system and has a solid deep sound. Cooler piping has bov and threaded iat sensor fitted with o ring. The turbo induction sound is louder but I do intend to build a cold air ducting and to cover the pod filter. Here is some pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday I picked up the car from the fab man and drive it back to my workshop. With the water leak fixed Fuel light was on but I was of the thought that it was reading wrong until I ran out of fuel. Rookie mistake! Luckily there was a servo a 100m up the road. O2 sensor is now working so I had the kpro live data on cheaking stuff as I drive and a/r needs a fair bit of work on light throttle.
                                My thoughts after the first drive are, the car idles perfectly no hunting or missing. The clutch is super low on the pedal but after two or three stalls I am understanding it. The clutch is nicer than the exeddy that I had by far. This clutch has feel to it and has a very solid bite on down shift, I am very happy with the comp clutch stage 4 sprung button. The exhaust is also just what I wanted, not only dose it look awesome it dose not rub on anything.it a simple thing I know but the lack of room at the back of engine makes it a real task and then at a waste gate piping and it gets real tight real quick. Inside the car driving the car is defiantly quieter than before witch I am happy about also. In traffic and light throttle the car fells much the same as it did. I tryed to stay out of boost on the drive as the traffic conditions were not right.
                                I now have the sort out wheel alignment, boost gauge boost line may have kinked, I want to wrap the down pipe ect, remove and paint the cooler pipes in the engine bay,make up some type of cover for the pod filter, clean up part throttle tune and start to run it all in.
                                Cheak out ASG Motorsport on face book his work is some of the best I have seen and a awesome guy with no bullshit!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X