Rebuilding for more boost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
    How do you find the e85? Any dramas, clogged injectors, fuel pump or fuel gauge issues? Itb's are so awesome. I would love to hear that on song! I would say I will still be on a run in tune at the stage.
    I haven't yet any dramas with E85. Only one is that is ruins your mileage ... but thats a given. Reason I chose for E85 was because of its safety measures of burning cooler, besides that only extra 5kw ish were gained.

Comment

Thanks Felix is good to see it in place. I have some parts away getting work done,some parts on order,some parts lost in freight and some just rolled in from k tuned. K tuned parts are more from than function. a little bling with my boost thanks! I had a break from the car on Easter and have only had half a day off since so progress is slow to say the least.
      I now have most of the hose and fittings for fuel return system. New hoses and fitting for turbo oil lines. Mishimoto rad may be lost in freight . Intercooler and fuel pressure regulator coming from tread stone. K tuned stuff is rad hoses, flush mount dip stick,coil cover, heater block off bolt and solid shifter bushes.i had to machine down one of the bushes to suit. K tuned did state not for type r. No biggie 20 minutes on the lathe and some smaller o rings to fit. Now it's a real solid feel!
      Attached Files

Comment

I got some time this week to have a bit of a crack.visually it looks as there's not much left to do but still just knocking lines of the list. Fitted intake manifold so I could set it for fuel line lengths.fitted up the exhaust manifold and turbo so I could do the oil lines. Removed the fuel pump/sender unit again for modification for fuel return set up. Now for some pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

To run a fuel return system on the dc5 requires a bit of work in side the tank! There is a fue diy's on k20.org or club rsx. There are a fue tricks and some diy's are not the complete job so read as many as you can if you are going to do this job. Also you must use hose that can handle fuel on the outer side of the hose.(expensive stuff)By the end it should look some thing like this octopus looking thing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fuel return means new fuel lines up and back.The set up is fuel pump-fuel filter-fuel rail-fuel pressure regulator- return to tank. I decided on dash 6 hose as it will easily cover my fuel requirements for my power target. My injector are id 1000s and pump is walbro 255lph. For what looks simple, a lot of time and even more money is require for this job.
            Attached Files

Comment

A fue more pics of fuel lines and turbo oil lines. Note no pressure reg as yet waiting for it to come in.
              Attached Files

Comment

wot?

no hard lines???

and cable ties????
                ... retired/

Comment

Not happy Tink? Iam ok with the hose in stead of hard line. Zip ties are not pretty but solid. I am in shore of better solution were I don't drill holes in the floor. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                    Any ideas?
                    nup.

you need to drill holes to do it properly...
                    ... retired/

Comment

This week the radiator showed up on Tuesday. It had a two week holiday in Canada lost before return to the USA and then to me. The mishimoto rad looks to be a very nice high quality item. All fans hoses and sensor fitted up perfectly. The Inter cooler and fuel regulator also came this week from tread stone. Again really high quality items. Fitting the cooler is going to be interesting as it's quite thick and heavy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just some quick pics of inter cooler and fuel reg.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This week proved to be testing and rewarding. Despite making it clear the the hoses inside the tank must be fuel proof inside and outside I was givin the incorrect hose. The hose swelled and split inside the tank and therefore I was unable to get fuel pressure. Once I got the correct hose and redid the in tank hoses I had geat fuel pressure and no fuel leaks even at 80+ psi lol.

Got the catch can fitted up after paint and dash 10 fitting welded for line to rocker cover. Also got the turbo front housing and intake manifold back from the chrome plating. Unfortunately is not perfect due to stuff coming out of the casting and the weld from the port work. Having said that it looks so much better than natural alloy or any paint I have seen.

Rocker cover is away and getting painted after dash 10 welded in place. Inter cooler brackets are a one bracket at atime thing so I can get it to sit exactly were I want it to sit. Because of the a/c condenser their is no room to fit it behind the reo bar as most others do. Lucky I know a awesome alloy welder that puts up with my odd requests and tells me how to do it correctly.

Pics below.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some more pic for you guys. Hope to get more done tomorrow.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Loving the progress. That turbo!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

that turbo - looks very hungry for some intercooled air to compress!!!
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X