No announcement yet.

Rebuilding for more boost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started painting the engine. Really happy with the results.
    Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Last weekend I got some time to assemble most bits to test and cheak everything would work together. Saturday I fitted up all the compressor,alternator,power steer pump and belt adjuster. Everything went perfect and I was stoked.
        Sunday was not quite as smooth. I had a fue challenges to solve but got most sorted or know what has to be done. The NEW (never ever worked) exhaust manifold and turbo is not leavening any room for the heater pipe. So bye bye heater pipe and I will work something out later. wiring is on mostly good but some lengths are a bit to long.
        Some more pic again
        Attached Files

Comment

Sunday's efforts
          Attached Files

Comment

Yet more pics
            Attached Files

Comment

So I have had a week to sort the little issues and throw on the flywheel and clutch. With help from a fue friends I got the box back on. By Saturday lunch time I had the engine and box on the crane ready to go in but had a wedding to go to.
              Attached Files

Comment

After a late start (little hungover) I got into getting the engine back in its home. Back were it belongs!
                Attached Files

Comment

I have not posted for a week or so, so some up dates. Bleed up the clutch and slave but will need a final bleed later. Drive belt fitted, power steer hoses on and new fluid in. I make up a new ac low pressure hose. Required a fue welds to get the angle I was looking for to miss the steering arm and away for the turbo as much as possible. Compressor end also had to be modified to suit the new hose.
                  The battery now sits below the right hand headlight,I have been using a oddessy battery for some time so I just modified the holder I already had. This ment I had to completely do a new charge harness to suit. I had a isolator before and it's something I think all cars should have, therefore l found a spot for it. Made up a bracket for it to fit to as well as make up and fit all the power and earth cables.
                  Got back in to some merchaical stuff next. The cv shafts almost fell in and seemed to easy. I did a still to do list and still have so much yet to finish!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good to see that it's going to make more power!! Can't wait to see final results ...

It's been a long time since I've seen you, been forever! It would be great to catch up again, but with the popo breathing down our throats now, it's hard to organise anything these days! Should come out to track days Thats where most of the "genuine" honda gurus are these days!

Comment

Hi Stephen , it has been a long time. How is your car going are you still enjoying tracking it? Once done I will be keen to give it a run on the track. Touch wood I have never been hassled around here. I am keen for a meet later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                        Hi Stephen , it has been a long time. How is your car going are you still enjoying tracking it? Once done I will be keen to give it a run on the track. Touch wood I have never been hassled around here. I am keen for a meet later in the year.
                        Yeah the car is going to be back out on the track for Jap Nationals upcoming May at QR. I've got alot of things coming from Japan and everywhere, so alot of preparation is needed to get it back to spec. I'll see how we can go about for a meet also, it's been a long time but there hasn't been enough interest to do one, as most people just don't have time. But we will see!

Comment

I am trying so hard to have the car ready for the jap nationals. The plan is to make that the first outing after the build.What changes are you making to your car? Did you go down the sc path? It's so frustrating waiting for part to turn up!!

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                            I am trying so hard to have the car ready for the jap nationals. The plan is to make that the first outing after the build.What changes are you making to your car? Did you go down the sc path? It's so frustrating waiting for part to turn up!!
                            I'm waiting for my Voltex GT Wing to arrive in a couple of weeks hopefully (eta mid April), getting new safety equipment such as helmet/hans/harness and on the lookout for vented bonnets! I didn't go SC, I decided to keep NA for now due to budget and goals but I did however go ITB's tuned to E85! I'd like to see you out for Japnats, it be great to see how your new power gains go

Comment

How do you find the e85? Any dramas, clogged injectors, fuel pump or fuel gauge issues? Itb's are so awesome. I would love to hear that on song! I would say I will still be on a run in tune at the stage.

Comment

Good to see the engine back in the car. Keep the updates coming!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X