Jez and the little EK that could

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jez and the little EK that could

Hey Guys, thought was time i finally posted something up here, been following the forum for a bit but just havent gotten around to putting the ride in here. i started a build thread in JDMST as a promotional exercise to showcase the shops work (Prowraps And Graphics) but now i really just want to build my car for me not so much the business.

i see alot of ITR's and S2Ks getting around on here but not many EK civics, hope you guys like what im doing with it and look forward to seeing some familiar heads from the scene.

Cheers Jez..

JUNE 2015
    got the car back in JUNE 2015 off Dubdub. pretty much a complete stock CXI.

the car had a crack in the windshield so a call to one of our customers ACE Windscreens to get that sorted and in went a new screen. love that new screen visibility

November 2015

we were fortunate enough to be able to buy back my old dc2r 5stud hub set up that already had extended front studs and roll centre adjusters, so off to JDMYARD yard went the rear trailing arms for extended studs and bushes.

we had been waiting to have an opportunity to install the 5stud but had to wait for two things, other parts and somewhere to install, so over the past few weeks we collected Buddyclub coilovers, camber arm kits, spoon duckbill wing, wheels/tyres all ready for the 5studd conversion.

we wanted to get it all in together to maximise the opportunity to install, but where were we going to do this? i wasnt keen on the whole swap on jack stands so we called up our mates at KustomKraft Fabrication over in St Marys to help out, the gents gladly bartered with us to get some hoist time, not sure what we bartered for yet but there may be vinyl involved on a crazy Rwd Mitsubishi Evo build.

i didnt get alot of pictures but here is the condition of what came out

sorry for the blurry shot

we were making good time with the help of Nathan and Jack (other Honda enthusiasts) the old suspension set up was out before lunch. so everything was out and i made one fatal mistake that could have caused our hosts a major headache, i left the open ended wheel nuts at our shop packed away weeks before and not knowing where they were. so off to JDMYARD but not after we looked at the car and thought a ASR sway bar / ASR subframe brace / new brake lines and new BWR billet rear LCAs might be needed. its already out so why not right.

we had hoped to fit the new Hankook RS3 tyres we got off JDMYARD to the rims we purchased but by the time the big boss of Prowraps (my fiance) had arrived back with parts the tyre shops were closing, ah well i guess the new wheels and tyres will be for another update.

my apologies for the lack of detailed images but we really got stuck into it yesterday to maximise hoist time, i will get some good shot once wheels go on and alignment is sorted out.

We also acquired some carbon front guards to go into the mix, just not sure if we will use these now or later on in the project.

As the car sits after all the suspension going in.

Unadjusted and waiting to go on the hoist at pro autocare.

Boys just got a new alignment machine so keen to get it sitting nice on the new wheels.

So wheels and tyres are on, 16x7.5 +30

As the last civic I ran had 15x7 +35 buddy clubs I wasn't sure how these would fit and I was too busy to remember to ask other mates how they aligned their set up.

So tomorrow we have Sydney guard rolling coming out to roll the rear guards so then we can play around with fitment.

after i finished the digital print wrap on the JSTDPN Caddy i had time to do something with the EK civic.

i really wanted to test out one of the colours from the new options in Avery Supreme Wrap, So we went with Milky Way Metallic for the roof.
    not the greatest images but shows the effect it gives, its just like the galaxy in the right light, hence the name :P

decided to fit the carbon front guards, well what a fun time that was. After about 5 hours of messing around with all the panels they were on. yet to decide on wrap design which we are still working on for Honda Showoff.

thanks to Paolo A for the help, i almost threw in the towel as i wasn't happy with fitment and the gaps. well they are on now so they can stay on..

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=56F129C8

Comment

EARLY DECEMBER 2015

These plates were on my commodore wagon a few years ago. Some people aren't a fan of the custom yellow, we are.

Using a vector template we have laid the livery into the vector template to give us a visual guide and to help scale our artwork ready for print.

Also we have a picture of the digital print for the bonnet, camera images aren't the best but gives you an idea of print coming to life.

Here are some teaser pics for the viewers.

We will be finishing off the car tonorrow for Honda Showoff at Jdmyard on saturday.

So with all the jobs on at the shop and doing subcontract work i managed to wrap the car the day before Honda Showoff at Jdmyard.

Here is some shots from in the workshop and on the day from iso-media.

Benji @Just dip it hydrographics surprised us and painted the rear diffuser just the day before aswell.

Shots thanks to Iso-Media

Comment

NEW YEARS EVE 2015

So i have moved across all the build thread images from my JDMST thread so i have placed some months at the start so you can see when it was done, after Honda Showoff i decided to do a few things to the car, sold the spoon wing, purchased a lip, bought some spoon rep mirrors to paint and i am going to start focusing on the engine.

if you havent realised already it is some what of a hardparking track car, still rocking the D16Y4 it is now the time to collect K swap parts for 2016.

Comment

As the car sits today, changed to a mugen style rear wing. I couldnt find a genuine one and bought a rep so i can see if i like it.

Fitted the chargespeed style front lip, the whole car is unwrapped and i am starting to prep to colour code the car white.

Only time will tell if i do vinyl on it again but for now it will remain like this.

Oh and i grabbed a carbon bonnet aswell. I cant say its really for weight reduction more coz i like how it looks. Serves to appease my addiction of buy and swapping parts. But once engine swap happens the option to go oem or carbon for the track is there

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't wait to see this finished Jeremy!

Comment

So good to see a build thread of this jez!

Comment

Thanks guys, its going to be a slow build as i am using soare money from the business. Its great as i can run stuff through as an expense being the work promo car but also got to be careful i dont spend to quickly.

I am hoping being here i can connect with a few more serious honda enthusiasts which in turn can enjoy the journey with me. Heres to 2016 and making sure i finish this how i have always wanted my honda to be built.

Comment

Now track it! :P

Comment

I started stripping some more of the rear interior out today. Just little things.

I noticed it seems the ek has alot more brackets and sound deadening than a eg civic.

Was contemplating drilling out some fixed brackets but will leave it in so i can run the seats whilst its on the road.

Comment

I love the rear end of this. Hope to see more of this car
                      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Haven't updated much as the car has now run out of rego I am taking the opportunity to pull the engine out and start doing the swap.

Need to clean up the K20A, paint some accessories, order a bolt kit along with machine flywheel and pick up clutch kit.

Once I have those I will freshen up the bay with some frost white again.

Pics of engine half ready to come out tonight

When I had the right wheel bearing changed it seems the workshop has put the CV nut on with what must have been the world's biggest rattle gun.

I couldn't get it off jumping on the breaker bar, will have to attempt during the week with some lubrication and more elbow grease.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Comment

I look forward to seeing this build! Cv nut are alway so tight on Hondas but not as tight as the crank pulleys!

Comment

Bit of WD40 and picked up my rattle gun from a mate, cracked the CV nut after 5 min soke. Engine is now out and can start cleaning the bay.

Comment

So I sold off the SR3 Recaros and instead of using the money for the EK I got wheels for the AH civic. Oops.

I did spend some time fitting the harness bar I picked up off Mr Chow. I will eventually run a cage down the track but for now once I do the swap I can at least rego it, run harness bar and fixed back seats on the track then revert to stock seats on the street. That's the plan atm anyway.

Pic of harness bar and it fitted

Comment

Working...
                              X