Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil's DC2R

Hi Everyone,

My name is Philip, and I've been on and off forums for a while. But recently only started visiting CITR again a few months ago, after being inactive for a very long time. And mainly joined to share photos from a few meets a long long time ago, on behalf of Felix's request. Since I hadn't owned a ITR at the time.

I've owned a 1990 Honda Civic Gli Hatchback, 1993 Honda Civic Vti Hatchback, 2006 Vti-S Honda Jazz and a Mitsubishi EVO 7 which I had only owned for 3 months after growing tired of it, and went back to purchase my current ITR.

My 1993 Honda Civic Vti H/Back

My 2006 Honda Jazz Vti-s

After the ownership of the Jazz, I was on the search for a DC2R. Like many I had a look at a handful and most of them were in really bad shape. Discouraged after many months of searching and near misses, I put a deposit down on a 2004 EP3R which was due to arrive from Japan. A month later I had received a call from the dealers notifying me the car was ready to preview. After looking at many pictures of the EP3R I had my hopes set high, as this car had everything I had ever wanted, and being a late 2004 model meant it had all the bells and whistles. But it was not meant to be. The car was in a bad state, and for the price I was not willing to put down my hard earned cash for a poor example. Demotivated by what was on the market at the time, I turned my gaze onto something else. I had always loved R32 GTR's and saw a nice silver vspec model, but the price was out of my range, and had a look at a EVO 7. I had fallen in love with EVO's early on after watching Jackie Chan's Who Am I, and still vividly remember the scene where he drives a EVO IV and pulls the handbrake and does a 360 into a parking spot. There weren't many EVO IV's for sale or V's and being cautious of the examples out there, and not totally trusting a high mileage import turbo car, I had a look at a EVO 7 and purchased one within a couple of days. Long story short, the power was amazing, but it didn't do it for me, and something was missing which I had longed for, ever since the purchase of my EG Civic. The interior was awful, and the styling dulled on me after a few months. I then had a look at a 2006-2007 S2000, with 150,000km. After talking to the owner for a week, we had arranged for a date for me to inspect the car with a friend of mine who had owned 2 S2000's in the past. Upon inspection the car was in a previous accident which the owners tried to cover up, and with every second passing by and panel pulled out to inspect, the owners had become tiresome and irritated. To which they told me if I wasn't going to buy the car, they had to leave in 10 mins. With my hopes dashed and folding my newly made bank cheque back into my wallet, we didn't want to waste anymore time, and so the search continued for something else.

A few months had passed by and I received a call from a friend who notified me about a DC2R I had looked at in the past, but hadn't had much thought about it. Since there was a lot to fix, and I would have rather spent money on a mint DC2R for not much more. The car on topic was the DC2R owned by Grant, which was then purchased by Justin Fox, and then Zi from JDMyard.

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...Integra-Type-R

After the ownership from Justin, there were dings and cracks on the bumpers from a parking lot incident which needed to be replaced, along with a scratched boot from the Honda Monkey he had purchased and shoved into the boot. The car looked amazing prior in Grants ownership, and somewhere after that, the DC2 was neglected. I had made an appointment to have a second look at the car, and thought, why not. There were things I could fix and replace, to bring it back to my standards. Prior to purchasing the car, I had already made a list of what I wanted and had ordered parts long before buying the car, as I knew no matter what, I was going to buy a DC2R now or sometime later down the track. And after owning 3 Honda's previously, I knew what I wanted, and how I wanted it.

A inspiration of mine was the Route KS Widebody NSX.

I had made a list of what I wanted and a theme I wanted reflect in my build, which mainly consisted of Spoon Sports parts, Rays Engineering Ce28n's, a simple outer aesthetic and a focus on handling rather than power. As I think this was more important, especially after owning the EVO 7, which felt unexciting.

List of current modifications (from what I can remember)
    -16" Rays CE28N in Titanium Silver 16x7 +33
    -Bridgestone RE11 205/45/16 Tyres
    -Ferrodo DS2500 front and rear brake pads
    -Recaro Pole Position Driver and Passenger fixed back bucket seats
    -Type RX Foot Pedals
    -DBA 4000 series front slotted rotors
    -Dixcel rear rotors
    -Philips 4300k HID kit
    -K&N Air Filter
    -Spoon Sports Full Spec Coilover Kit 18kg/16kg
    -Spoon Sports Twin-Block Caliper set
    -Spoon Sports Reinforced Brake Line set
    -Spoon Sports Street Tail Silencer
    -Spoon Sports High Tension Spark plug leads
    -Spoon Sports Valve Cover
    -Spoon Sports Carbon Kevlar Spark Plug cover
    -Spoon Sports Radiator Hose set
    -Spoon Sports Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
    -Spoon Sports Oil and Radiator cap
    -Spoon Sports radiator support bracket
    -Misc OEM Honda replacement parts

Mods to come
    -Craftsquare side mirrors
    -Spoon B-pipe
    -Spoon/ Toda 4-2-1 Headers
    -High Flow Catalytic Converter

The car was purchased with 176,XXXkms and just after over 2 years of ownership the car has now clocked 194,XXXkm on the odometer. And runs pefectly fine for the mileage represented on the clock. The DC2R resides in the garage for most of its life now, and is taken out on a sunny weekend here and there, just to remind me what an amazing car this is and how grateful I am to have finally owned one after an extensive search!

The car is still a work in progress with many more parts to come, new faces to meet, great conversations to be had, new friendships made, and the next yearly CITR Annual BBQ to attend and hopefully many more wonderful years to come!

The car as it sits today.

Image thanks to Jon

I'm still yet to take out my camera and do a proper shoot of my car, but hopefully one day I'll take her out and capture some wonderful memories to share with everyone here, and if anyone would like to follow along on the journey with me, I'll make sure to keep this post updated here and there. Sorry I don't have more photos during the build process of the car, as everything happened so fast, along with the commitments at work. It never crossed my mind to document the process from start to current, as I never really thought about making a thread for my car or any of my previous cars which I had owned. But many have asked me to make a thread, and here it is!

Thanks for taking the time to read through this lengthy post if you've made it this far.

Many Thanks,
    Phil
    Last edited by pockets; 25-11-15, 07:55 AM.

That was sure worth reading at 3.33 am lol, nice build phil awesome dc2r [emoji4]reading these story's makes me appreciate my dc2r even more and more !!

Comment

Very nicely done DC2R! Thanks for sharing the build. Gotta love the TI Silver CE28's.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Great read Phil.

Love what you've done to your car
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

THIS is the cleanest DC2R out there.

Phil, I am currently finishing off a few jobs/videos from the past few months. Once these are done, I will arrange a time/date with you after these jobs are completed.

Comment

Such a lovely read. Thanks for sharing Philip.

Love all the mods you have done. The car is so clean! How do you rate the Recaro Pole Position fixed bucket seats vs the stock SR3's?

I think Michael Papz also owned this car at one stage.
            Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by IbbyDC2R View Post
              That was sure worth reading at 3.33 am lol, nice build phil awesome dc2r [emoji4]reading these story's makes me appreciate my dc2r even more and more !!
              haha what were you doing up so late? I didn't think it would take me that long to write up the post last night. And now I'm dead tired at work. Glad you enjoy the read!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              Very nicely done DC2R! Thanks for sharing the build. Gotta love the TI Silver CE28's.
              Thanks! the matte finish compliments the glossy black of the car nicely I think

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Great read Phil.

Love what you've done to your car
              Thanks Felix! Just making my car as clean as yours was haha. Your car was an inspiration

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
              THIS is the cleanest DC2R out there.

Phil, I am currently finishing off a few jobs/videos from the past few months. Once these are done, I will arrange a time/date with you after these jobs are completed.
              Thanks Tim, she's ok haha. Cameron's and Kenny's DC2R's are also really clean examples, and there's a few others out there that'll will be amazing once completed! and no rush on your current jobs/ projects. I'll still be here I think...

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
              Such a lovely read. Thanks for sharing Philip.

Love all the mods you have done. The car is so clean! How do you rate the Recaro Pole Position fixed bucket seats vs the stock SR3's?

I think Michael Papz also owned this car at one stage.
              From what I've heard Papz was selling the car on behalf of Grant, but I'm unsure of the history, since a few people say one thing and another haha. I find the Pole Positions a nice upgrade from the stock SR3 Recaro seats. The SR3's back I found tend move from the hinge mid corner on some turns, which made me feel a little uncomfortable at times. Whereas the PP are fairly stiff and firm from the reinforced fibreglass shell. This also makes driving feedback feel more direct. The seat is also contoured nicely to the body and holds you in, making you feel safer and more confident, instead of using your legs and thighs to hold or press against the door or bottom console haha.

Comment

Originally posted by pockets View Post

From what I've heard Papz was selling the car on behalf of Grant, but I'm unsure of the history, since a few people say one thing and another haha. I find the Pole Positions a nice upgrade from the stock SR3 Recaro seats. The SR3's back I found tend move from the hinge mid corner on some turns, which made me feel a little uncomfortable at times. Whereas the PP are fairly stiff and firm from the reinforced fibreglass shell. This also makes driving feedback feel more direct. The seat is also contoured nicely to the body and holds you in, making you feel safer and more confident, instead of using your legs and thighs to hold or press against the door or bottom console haha.
                Thanks Phillip. Did the PP bolt onto the stock SR3 rails?

Just noticed the Spoon coilovers in the mod list. Some heavy springs you have there haha.
                Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                  Thanks Phillip. Did the PP bolt onto the stock SR3 rails?

Just noticed the Spoon coilovers in the mod list. Some heavy springs you have there haha.
                  I had to get bride type FG seat rails to suit the PP's, as they are side mounted and not bottom. But I did have recaro side adapters, which unfortunately made the seats sit higher than the stock sr3's which felt uncomfortable lol.

They are heavy springs for the street haha. Not really fun on bumpy roads, as the car skips over bumps a lot on the softest setting but the yen was good at the time of purchase and I got a good deal on them lol.

Comment

About time you showed off this beauty Phil!!

Comment

amazing! what else is planned?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by totti View Post
                        About time you showed off this beauty Phil!!
                        Haha, did you manage to find a DC2R Stephen?
                        Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        amazing! what else is planned?
                        I want to finish off my exhaust system and get toda headers or spoon, with a spoon b-pipe sometime later on hopefully, to free up the exhaust a little, and make the car a little more responsive. Craft Square side mirrors. And maybe a set of te37's. All dreams at this point in time lol.

Comment

such a clean and well presented car!
                          i love Ti silver. they always look amazing. especially on black

Comment

Please dont get craft square lol please leave it oem or get spoon mirrors!

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
                              Please dont get craft square lol please leave it oem or get spoon mirrors!
                              It looks like craft square mirrors are discontinued or not made for DC2's anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X