Pholai's 06 RSX Type S - Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pholai's 06 RSX Type S - Canada!

Hey guys! Name is Brandon! This is my 2006 Acura RSX Type S. Bought it at 56,000 Km back in Oct 2012 when I was 17. The Type S is the highest model you can buy, we aren't lucky enough to have the Type R here. 05-06 Type S here come equipped with the K20z1.

Current set up for 2015!

Exterior:

Mugen Front Lip
    A-spec High Wing
    A-spec Rear Lip
    A-spec side skirts
    JDM ITR Badges
    Nokya Hyper Yellow Bulbs

Interior:

Status Racing Hockenheim CF seats
    Seeker Shift knob
    Circuit Hero extender
    Broadway mirror 300mm Concave
    Key!s Racing 350mm deep dish wheel
    Nrg 2.5 quick release
    Works Bell short hub

Engine:

Injen Short Ram Intake (SRI)
    Hasport 70a Engine Mounts
    Buddy Club RH
    T1r 63 Exhaust

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:

Volk TE37 17x9 22 on 235/40
    Tein Basis
    SPC Front & Rear Camber Kit

Oct 2012:

Fully stock! Car only came with the interior trim from previous owner.
    - Pick up some parts during the winter of 2012.

A spec OEM High Wing Spoiler

A spec OEM Rear Lip

Mugen Front Lip. REP ;( couldn't justify at the time buying something that was gonna get beat up

Most of us in Canada store our cars over winter just because we get up to 30CM of snow here in Alberta and it goes as cold as -40C with the windchill! Also they put tons of rocks and salt on the roads during winter.....

2013:

First mod - Blox Shift Knob. Shitty Instagram picture! opps!

Of course i had to grab JDM Honda badges

Installed Mugen front lip.

Installed A spec spoiler with the mini deck lid.

Changed out the old gross tail light gaskets and installed the rear lip with a friend

Installed the Rear A-spec

SRI is in!

Really wanted to go with the Type R look, and i was lucky enough to find a set for dirt cheap local

Installing the Ichiba v2 25mm spacers to go with the wheels, other wise they would be a sunken battleship. LOL

Last edited by PhoLai; 23-10-22, 05:35 PM.

- Finally received my Tein Basis and SPC front and rear camber kit

-Quick photoshoot done by my friend Lawrence Tse! This pretty much wrapped up everything for 2013.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lrtse/

Bought a Buddy Club RH. Still in need of Hondata Kpro for more power!!!

Threw battery back in just to let the fluids run again! few more months till spring...

Onto 2014:

Grabbed a set of red DC5R recaros

- Found a set of Regamasters 17x8 35 on my local car forum

Key!s 350 Deep dish wheel and Works bell short hub

Another photoshoot my friend did for me. Installed my OEM Acura A-spec side skirts and also my T1r 63s exhaust

Last edited by PhoLai; 25-11-15, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Seeker shift knob

Status CF seats

I really did love my Recaros but my friend was letting these for stupid cheap, so i couldnt have said no! Also he gave me 2 Status harnesses as well but still waiting on a cage until I install them

Volk TE37 17x9 22
      [/url]

Quick test fit of the new wheels and they would not clear with the camber I currently had. Adjust the rears a tad bit more at this height just so I could run the wheels for now until I got an alignment. Eventually raised the rears pull in more camber for track day.

Picked up a few things - J's front strurt tower bar, J's C pillar, and some Spoon socks.

J's Rear strut tower bar

Track Day prep - Hawks Hps pads and new brake fluid, and an alignment! Also got a JDM Honda access OEM rain visors from gf!

Unfortunately, the only track in my city was closed down about 2 years ago. A bunch of us made the 3hour trek to Castrol Raceway in Leduc, Alberta. We left at 5am..... never again going that early LOL. Also this was my first track experience and the track bug has got me now haha

Stopping for some gas

Time for some racing magnet numbers for next yea haha

On track pictures!!!

Authentic Amuse s2000. Boosted, nascar cage, the list goes on!

Authentic Spoon s2000

Friends s2000 on Regas

Friends RSX on Regas and J's wing

Friends EG k20 SC with ce28 and dat voltex wing doe

Friends EM1 with B18 swap on TE

That pretty wraps it up for 2015! Over winter still need to get a few more parts for track day next year. Kpro, Rcomps, Cage. Eventually I would like to SC and go a bit more aggressive looking. *wink* *wink* J's racing aero?
      Last edited by PhoLai; 25-11-15, 01:16 PM.

Comment

reserved
        Last edited by PhoLai; 25-11-15, 01:16 PM.

Comment

What Type R bits do you get that the Type S doesnt? From memory, the Type S is every bit the type r, except for the recaros/sunroof/lsd/steering wheel/wheels/rear wing/k20a2/k20z1
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            What Type R bits do you get that the Type S doesnt? From memory, the Type S is every bit the type r, except for the recaros/sunroof/lsd/steering wheel/wheels/rear wing/k20a2/k20z1
            Opps my mis understanding. You are correct! I know that the Type S in Japan in considered the base and i believe its a 5 speed as well.

Comment

Ahh, i thought maybe the Canada might get a hybrid and could be better than the Yank!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Welcome Brandon! Thanks for sharing your build all the way from Canada. Real nice looking DC5, really like the JDM DC5 wheels on it and what you've done to it.

I see that you have an on the track photo . What track do you most frequent?
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by PhoLai View Post
                  One of the best lines of a DC5 is that right there!

I love the amount of effort you RSX guys put into making it more JDM.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                    Welcome Brandon! Thanks for sharing your build all the way from Canada. Real nice looking DC5, really like the JDM DC5 wheels on it and what you've done to it.

I see that you have an on the track photo . What track do you most frequent?
                    It was my first time this year! But many more times to come.

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                      One of the best lines of a DC5 is that right there!

I love the amount of effort you RSX guys put into making it more JDM.
                      JDM is life!

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        Ahh, i thought maybe the Canada might get a hybrid and could be better than the Yank!
                        The Canadian RSXs come with heated side mirrors and header leather seats! :P

Comment

Looks like a great car! Looking forward to more updates! [emoji4][emoji4]

Comment

Thanks for sharing Brandon!

It's missing a ClubITR sticker
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice car man and great to see it out on track. Those s2000s and the other dc5 look sick!

Sucks about you guys and the winter. We're lucky here in aus regarding that.

Also I just had two friends move to Alberta for snow season haha
                              Random fact :P

Comment

Working...
                              X