ex EG into DC2R (KSWAP Supercharge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ex EG into DC2R (KSWAP Supercharge)

Hey guys. I'm Joseph... nice to meet you all. I'm glad to be on this forum, meet new people hopefully cruise with some and general discussion with.

This post is about my DC2R and a little bit of background history.

Background history:
    First of all. I've owned a K24 swap eg civic for roughly 5 years between me and my brother. When he swapped his FC RX7 for a K swapped eg with a k20z1 non-lsd. After couple years of driving it he got done 9 months street racing, stopped driving it in the time because he blew second gear, after that, I took it off him. Fixed all the small problems, drove it with the same engine with 144.7 kW. Couple months later, I did a Frankenstein and for some odd reason never tuned it, which I'm glad because the timing belt chain was giving... and then everything changed. This was how the car was over the couple years.

This EG had nearly every suspension part I wanted, including camber arms front and back, front and rear sways, new bushings, rear asr.......... thats all i really needed to keep me cornering

(how I drove it, -4deg camber)

and my last ever photo......... which was my favorite. This sat on my favorite Advan RG 16x7.5 +33 ..... just some appreciation of my lovely eg !!

Saying bye bye to my EG shell, sold with all interior, VTIR seats, 5 stud, 15" enkei OEM wheels in gunmetal, carbon bonnet, carbon wing... and a respray.

Now:
    So I've decided..... its time to find a DC2R shell and switch it all over. I ended up buying a whole DC2R and parting everything I didnt need, which was only the engine....... then bigger plans came. Heres the current DC2R state. (sorry for bad quality photos)

I have big plans for this car, my k20/k24 is sitting behind my DC2R in my garage waiting to be put in the car, AND I probably wont want to get rid of it after this...
    What I have now:
    k20/k24 engine. (2006 type S head, 2006 euro bottom, 11.1 TSX pistons and FN2R cams)
    TYPE S gearbox rebuilt with a MFactory 1000hp LSD.
    Buddyclub RSD coil overs (already installed on dc2r)
    PLM 4-2-1 Headers
    Hardrace rear camber arms (already installed on dc2r)
    Skunk 2 front camber arms (already installed on dc2r)
    Exhaust (magnaflow 3" muffler, all the way through, 1 reso, 100 cell)
    Black SR3 Recaros
    02-04 engine harness
    36mm drive shafts

I also have aquired JDM 16's, Im going for the all OEM look.

What I will need to get the car rolling and started:
    00' crv front nuckle for 36mm
    hasport/hybrid racing conversion harness

This is the exciting part... I was going to do a NA build which consisted of:
    -13.2.1 Toda K24 High comp pistons
    -Toda Spec F Intake cam
    -Toda Spec E Exhaust cam
    -Toda valve springs
    -Toda tensioner
    -Toda timing chain
    -Toda 35VTC

Adrian from originally Toda said anywhere above 210kW NA, but then at the time i started to calculate and it was gonna cost roughly 8.5 grand done, didnt justify power for money. So I looked for alternatives. Turbo... no, it breaks things... superchage????? Yes, lineal power!!!111 AND on a stock k24, 300+ kw is capable on e85, BOOM! done.

On order:

Rotrex C38-92 ...... how beautiful.

So...

Future Plans and Keep you guys updated:
    -Install k20/k24
    -Supercharge install
    -pipework done at exhaust shop
    -intercooler
    -1200cc injectors
    -tune
    -oem pods and side skirts (OR REPLICA THAT ARE GOOD)
    -amber front indicators
    -respray 16" JDM wheels in gunmetal
    -respray whole vehicle depending on costs (either white or black)

Im expecting gearbox to shit itself.. if it does

-PPG Synchro gearbox and call it the quits

and last but not least... number plate

C38-92K (K series)

Hope to keep you guys updated!!!!
    Last edited by JJC-K24; 25-09-15, 09:54 PM.

Whats been done. I had the fact that in a K swap hiding the centre console can be a pain, and in my EG I always wished I could have a centre console. WELL! It was the first thing I bought, a K tuned shifter mounting plate which kept it all neat and tidy. Heres the photo!!!! (Y) all clean.

Comment

Nice plans with the supercharger man. This thing is going to pull!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        Nice plans with the supercharger man. This thing is going to pull!
        Cheers Todd! Im very excited lol. Street animal!!!!!

Comment

Keen to see how this goes! Looks awesome

Comment

Oh my. Keep us updated please!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
              Keen to see how this goes! Looks awesome
              Thanks man!!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Oh my. Keep us updated please!
              I definitely will!

Comment

Update guys!!

I've pulled out most things I don't need from the engine bay... installed mounts... drilled unnecessary holes (loooooool f**k) and tidied it up a little to get it ready for the swap!! So excited!

First of all I've removed the A/C condensor and the lines as well as the power steering and the lines as I need to get them custom for the DC5 pump to run to the rack etc etc. Here are the photos!!

Got my conversion bracket for my engine side done with extra holes LOL!

Gearbox mount all done...!

Removed power steering and all lines!

Out with the old, In with the new rear mount!!

Removed front tie bar!

AC and all lines are out! (if anyone wants k20 with k24 head long block cheap inbox!!!!!)

just some appreciation side shot which looks ugly... for now!!!!!!

So yeah guys, will keep you updated, next is to buy supercharge and bracket bolt it all on.
                Then buy harnesses install it then drop motor in..
                Last edited by JJC-K24; 11-10-15, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X