No announcement yet.

A very PRDY DC5 Type S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U forgot to mentioned the red H center caps!!!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

They are actually stickers but don't tell nobody! =O

Comment

Just a small update on the bits and pieces of my DC5. I don't see myself doing any mechanical mods anytime in the near future, despite that hopefully you'll still be able to appreciate the little touches I put into my own car into making it my own and still stand out from the crowd.

Plastidipped the badges black.

Decided I wanted to go with smoked tail lights, always liked the look of them. Wanted it to be smokey but still retain a OEM look. Kind of like how the new VW Golfs have a smoked tail light. So wet sanded with some 800, 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper to allow the VHT niteshade to adhere properly.

This was about 5 or so light to medium coats of VHT

The finished product. After spraying the VHT, I wetsanded again with 2000 grit and sprayed several heavy coats of clearcoat. Then wetsanded until the orange peel went away and used polish compound to bring it back to a glossy

Unfortunately the previous owner of the car didn't take care of the leather and within the 10 years of this car, the leather had hardened and become cardboard-like. I tried multiple leather conditioners to no avail. I eventually bought some Leatherique oil rejuvenator and slathered it on. Very happy with the result. Although the leather is only a bit more supple, it gave the leather a nice satin look.

Upgraded my dash cam to the Blackvue 650 2ch.

Sorry if it's not the track prepping, handling, ecu, power, exhaust mods that you guys are usually into but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. I know I have, playing around with the little things.

Comment

Nice work with the lights.

How's the footage of the dash cam?
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks Felix. The dash cam footage is good quality, full HD in the front but only 720 in the back. The focusing distance is very picky though

Comment

Thanks very much chaumeh! My main goal for this car is to stay classy haha. Any tips you reckon to keep it classy yet sexy? hehe.

Comment

Doesn't matter if you're doing track/power mods or not. Anything D.I.Y is awesome!

Comment

Looking good! Love the color

Comment

Definitely looks unique! Haven't seen many smoked / tinted DC5-s around.
                    You guys should get this guy to detail your car!

Comment

Beautiful car Love the colour. Imagine with a big drop and some hot rims on them. Damn!

Comment

Working...
                      X