X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Hawk DC2R

Hey Guys,

As some of you guys saw I was recently in the market for a DC2R. It took some time but I finally found one for a good price that looked like it was in reasonable condition! Coming from an Evo, I gotta admit I was pleasantly surprised at how well these things handle and pick up speed so I'm thrilled to drive it as my daily now with all the pros of a sports car without too many cons like petrol and insurance :P

In the two weeks I've owned it I've done:
    - Full fluid change
    - Cut and polish
    - Fixed some electronics in the car (power windows were rooted!)
    - Changed engine mounts to a combination of a low km's OEM rear engine mount and torque mount, as well as some Hard Race side engine mounts

The car came more or less stock besides an Injen intake, a J's Racing engine dampener and a Spoon rear strut brace.. In time I'm sure that mod list is gonna grow though.

Unfortunately, the car came with some gearbox issues and I had hoped that a fluid change would fix the 5th gear crunch but it didn't. As a result, I have to double clutch into 5th to prevent any further wear for the time being. However for the KM's it's got, it's to be expected and I decided to order a full OEM gearbox rebuild kit including syncros and bearings so it looks like it'll be off the road for a week or two until that's done.

There's definitely some plans for this car long term however for the moment I'm just looking at getting it at at steady and usable platform to start modding on. Long term goals are to run a 1.10 around Wakefield and keep it as a usable street car

Thanks for looking guys!
    Last edited by ace167; 17-05-15, 09:00 PM.

Some happy snaps I took today ^^

Here's how stuffed the rear engine mount was! Prior to changing it, every time I accelerated it sounded like I was running over an IED in Iraq ><
    Last edited by ace167; 17-05-15, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Is that David's (from Canberra) DC2R ? And nice! I'm going through the whole restoration process with mine at the moment too
      00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
      13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
      15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Thanks man! Yep that's him

Comment

Ah he's such a great guy to talk to about Honda stuff in general. He randomly added me one night because I had my car in the cover photo haha
          00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
          13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
          15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Nice too see more dc2s [emoji108]🏼

Comment

Working...
            X