Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep if going 265, go to 18inch. more options... otherwise cap it to 255/40/17 for 17
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Thread closed
      Last edited by dfdc2r; 12-06-16, 03:59 AM.

Comment

FUnny you mentioned that. I experienced the exact same jerkyness earlier in the week. I dailyed my S2000 for the first time and in start stop traffic, on three occasions, I experienced that same jerkyness!

I have stock airbox also.

I will be instlaling an injen CAI next week too.

you'll love the cusco stopper. inspires miles of confidence when hard braking!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Alex's MCB S2000

The jerking you mention seems to be a very common problem in the S2000, I have experienced quite a bit of it, and have done a lot of research on the issue, no one seems to have a definitive fix/answer
          Firstly I'd totally rule out heat soak, my car does it when it's dead cold, as do many others.
          A common thought is the Map sensor connection working loose, Honda did upgrade the map connector on later models with a cable tie to help hold it tight in place, I've getto modded mine with a cable tie but with no success.
          It is also commonly thought it's simply a shit spot in the oem ecu program, as everyone, as I do, only notice it on light throttle application, seems running an aftermarket ecu and tune fixes the problem, and for me simply driving the car with larger throttle inputs has also stopped the problem occurring,
          either way it's a bit of a mystery

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
          using Tapatalk
          Last edited by gunpoons; 22-05-15, 04:39 PM.
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

yes u are right nathan... Extra throttle will alleviate the issue.

my mum heard me hooning the other day and texted me to come home. I told her I have a legit reason why.. as above
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

1. Agree with gunspoons. I have the js intake and doesn't help the jerk issue at all. I has nothing to do with heat soak IMO. As above I just use a little extra throttle on take off.

2. Drop the castor and I think you'll find it stops being so numb. I'm running around 6.2 degrees and feel that it's really responsive up front. Of course me running 17x9 245 up front could also attribute to that.

Comment

Thread closed

Comment

Very nice coilovers, the KW V3 and Ohlins DFV seems to be one of the best packages for street/track.

32k for the MX5 is well priced. But I wouldn't give up my S2k for one of them. Although I do respect how Mazda has gone

back to its roots with the MX5, keeping it light with double wishbones, etc.
                  1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Nice coilovers!
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thread closed

Comment

i like your SE37 on MCB!
                        if you plan to keep it, you should consider rolling/pulling rear guards to avoid scrubbing

Comment

Thread closed

Comment

Any reason as to why you'd like 6mm total toe in on the rear? Considering you have reasonable tyres I would have thought you'd opt for less toe in?
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

Thread closed
                              Last edited by dfdc2r; 12-06-16, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Thread closed
                                Last edited by dfdc2r; 12-06-16, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X