No announcement yet.

jv-st's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardrace mounts weren't too bad in my DC5R, very similar to OEM feel. Spoon mounts are also good and I'd like to get them for my S2000 but they do have JDM tax

I'm interested in the rubber lining too, hopefully you find something!
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by kelezzay View Post
      Nice update! Lucky with the skirts and pods! I've given up myself man, I'll probably just put the money to a Voltex wing in the future!
      Had to grasscut someone on FB for them haha. Someone else posted looking for them but I picked them up off the seller on the asap. I wish I could start budgeting for the Voltex wing!

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
      I have a oem rear mount (still good), with a energy suspension insert that has been poly urethaned in...
      pm me if ur interested
      I'll see what happens when it comes to experience/sourcing the mounts, otherwise this seems to be the most cost-effective option right now

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Hardrace mounts weren't too bad in my DC5R, very similar to OEM feel. Spoon mounts are also good and I'd like to get them for my S2000 but they do have JDM tax

I'm interested in the rubber lining too, hopefully you find something!
      I wish I had a feel for either of the two but I only know of what I have currently (OEM). I've asked around for a few sit-ins with people having either Hardrace or Spoon mounts so we'll see how that goes. I feel like I'm so picky with my selection but it's something I want done right the first time.

As for the rubber lining I'll get back to you if I find anything
      00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
      13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
      15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

nice buy your car is coming along nicely hopefully you find some regas in your specs soon!

Comment

The amount of patience and effort that you went through just to get those skirts haha! Good find man. Congrats!!

Comment

sick dude, super lucky to get them in such good condition. and same colour, looking forward to see everything put together.

Comment

so what ended up happening with the tune? looking at getting a tune and the usual names pop up but it seems everyone is quite inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by fn33ch View Post
                nice buy your car is coming along nicely hopefully you find some regas in your specs soon!
                Hopefully something comes to fruition in the next week or so! Fingers crossed

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                The amount of patience and effort that you went through just to get those skirts haha! Good find man. Congrats!!
                Originally posted by kaze View Post
                sick dude, super lucky to get them in such good condition. and same colour, looking forward to see everything put together.
                Patience is definitely something required when looking for these >< They're going to need a respray regardless since the current paint application is flaking off. Seems to be a rough job

Originally posted by ouch View Post
                so what ended up happening with the tune? looking at getting a tune and the usual names pop up but it seems everyone is quite inconsistent.
                I still don't quite know haha. For what it's worth it's not as if there's anything wrong with the car or how it drives. I just wanted more clarification on the AFR that were being put out. 3 names that were always coming up were Adrian, BYP and Toy's Garage. Adrian costs more but you're going there for the quality of the tune. Whereas I found BYP and Toy's had cheaper tune + ECU + Hondata/KPRO packages, but you question the tune quality in comparison to Adrian. That's not to say I question there quality of work myself, as I haven't had any tuning experience with them. So best to ask clients of there's. Then again, that's where you'll start having opinions thrown around from either side of any tuner of another. Not sure if that helps or not though. If you have the money to burn and can manage the scheduling (I found it hard to schedule a tune with Adrian's current arrangements as it'll be his own thing separate from Tekno I think), go with Adrian. If not, go with either BYP or Toy's

Here's a nice photo from last night

Untitled by Jon Vengust, on Flickr
                Last edited by jv-st; 27-09-15, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Old OEM DC2 remote control car antenna out, OEM S2K antenna in!

Sits nicely now after some modification to the plastic bracket. Took quite a bit since initially I didn't know how to remove the plastic trims but all is well. Thanks to all those that posts guides online, you da real MVP. And thanks to my mates Luke and Ibby for coming around. Reception is great and I retain AM radio, yes! Talkback ftw

This is quite annoying though. Bear with me for my explanation. So with the S2K antenna I had to use the grey connector thingy which is intended for the boot light (no boot light now ), whereas the DC2 antenna had a separate blue connector thingy to power up (I assume). However, now since the blue connector is not plugged to anything I assume that this is why it's giving off the boot light warning. I believe some re-wiring can fix it which is what I missed but I'll just have to deal with it for now until I can address the issue. Other than that pet peeve I'm happy with it!

Not bothered to put the rear seats in so might roll like this for a while, I like it.

DSC00459.jpg by Jon Vengust, on Flickr

Dat a$$
                  Last edited by jv-st; 02-10-15, 11:20 PM.

Comment

It's happening!

DSC01501.jpg by

Few more things going on as well, I'll try and get a full update when everything is on
                    Last edited by jv-st; 29-10-15, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Oh yes.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

yummy!

Comment

I am Jealous.

Comment

wow those grey regas look mint! what specs? your cars looking so mint!

Plus nice to see the jdm front at least you manage to get hold of the entire support instead of the "T" piece which is good! should DIY hahaha

Comment

I was meant to post this shortly after the ClubITR EOYM but got so carried away with things, here it is lol.

Originally posted by kevinnguyens View Post
                              wow those grey regas look mint! what specs? your cars looking so mint!

Plus nice to see the jdm front at least you manage to get hold of the entire support instead of the "T" piece which is good! should DIY hahaha
                              16x7 +35. If only I could find them 8 wide haha, these'll do for now! Noooo nothing dodgy here

Guess it's time to update hey. As you may have seen on my Instagram or in the recent JDMYard EOYM appearance thread, this is how the car sits now..

Like a boat! Props to Alan for the photo here. One of my favourites of the car so far! For the past month or so I've been rightfully enjoying the car with the mods currently. Few minor changes alongside the addition of the Desmond Regamaster EVO wheels (of which are in 16x7 +35) - the optional kit is on! Wow these two finds managed to cap off a great year for the car.

First and foremost, no more knock-off China badge on the front and rear! Thanks to Bede from Gaijin-Garage for getting these in for me. I also sourced a new bootlid (not in the best knick but serves its purpose) as I wasn't satisfied with my previous one for various reasons. Thanks Kev for the tips in helping me do the install! Helped a bunch

Cheers to Justin for that second photo there. You can really tell how high the car sits from that rear angle that's for sure.

Wanted these in already but I've had trouble getting a shop to bring the replacement mirror lens in. APR Formula 3 GT mirrors! Will have to order the replacement mirrors lens online and ship via the U.S. Thinking I may as well replace both sides while I have the chance. Exchange rate atm though not looking to kind. Mind the Kway Teow in the background

Additionally I have managed to source the 98 spec headlights off a JDM DC2R. Will need a restoration and new bulbs but otherwise am quite happy with how the opportunity came about. So everything is ready to go in regards to the conversion. Just that I'm not as committed to going all-in just yet. Looking at the first photo in this post just seems a bit under perfection for me tbh

Overall, with a bit over a year into my ownership and in summary of 2015 as a whole, I'm glad to have experienced everything in regards to my car and those I've met as a result of my car. Whether I'd be buying parts off like-minded enthusiasts or just getting to know people and having a chat at a meet. I'm loving every bit of it. For as much research as I can do on my own, hearing tips or info from you guys will always be invaluable and I appreciate that. ClubITR from what I've experienced in my first year or so in the Honda scene are the most respectable, appreciative and informative bunch of people I've ever had the chance to meet. I could go to any car meet or chat with whoever at any EOMM, but for some reason there's none other like the ClubITR guys we've got here. None can compare IMO.

In relation to what I've purchased for the car this year, I'm quite happy with how everything was planned and those few random items that popped up in a timely manner for me. I'd have to say my favourite purchase for the DC2R would have to be the J's Racing C304 60RS exhaust. Quite loud to some, I absolutely love the depth in the sound and exhaust note both pre-/post-Vtec lulz. It's so crisp! Few opportunities were missed this year however, but I feel as though I made the most of what I had. Just looking back on the original thread post re: what my plans were for the car I can see so much has been crossed off the list. I will also guarantee that sometime in 2016 I'll be hitting the track. I swear I won't be all talk any longer!

With that in mind, here is a brief overview of what I'd like done [s]next[/s] this year. Slow and steady amirite' guys haha

Plans for 2016
                              • Window tint removed and re-tinted
                              • Engine mounts replaced
                              • New rotors, pads and braided brake lines
                              • Some sort of low (debating over the suitability of Spoon Sports progressive springs vs. coilovers in terms or ridability and longevity)
                              • TIME FOR K-SWAP, JDM FRONT & VOLTEX WANG!? who knows lol. I want to travel, time to settle in for long-term ownership.
                              Last edited by jv-st; 29-01-16, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Not much in the way of updates. Been a quiet year so far!

Put the car up for an EOI for the lols to get a feel of what's out there. Few generous offers came in but none compared to how much I'd get if I just parted out and sold the car stock. Anyway. here are a few photos I took over the weekend though

DSC02805.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02803.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02854.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02826.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02837.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02821.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02838.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02814.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02859.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02813.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

DSC02851.jpg by Jon, on Flickr

Picking up the following in a few weeks:
                                - Spoon Sports engine transmission mount set
                                - APR GT3 mirror replacement lenses (for both sides)
                                Last edited by jv-st; 31-05-16, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X