No announcement yet.

S2000 - My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a contact to get cheap Federal tyres.

Ended up getting myself a second pair of RSR in 255/40/17 fitment, in addition to some more tyres for the CITR girls.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Love the ap2 front bar.

So this happebed

Got genuine grille and clips abd tow hook cover to match

Jdm front bar so no washers from factory
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post

I guess that now means that when I take the car to Top One my checklist is:
        1. adjust coilovers so that the car is raised 10-15mm
        2. another check on all bushings
        3. install radiator with coolant flush
        4. ferodo pads install
        5. machine front rotors
        6. rewire speakers to headunit
        http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160360704802

Got the car at Top One at the moment to do the above except for radiator and brake upgrade.

I have included the link for where to get the cheapest Koyo radiator. Shak and I ordered these. Made the decision to order today as my data tells me the USD is going to get stronger over the AUD.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Went to make an order at Modifry for a couple options overnight;

I originally wanted to make an order as I seen on the AUS S2K facebook page of a awesome looking bracket mounted through the OEM screw behind the AC bezel. I thought this was an excellent idea, as after driving the S2K for around 450km, I realised damn there is no where to have a phone in the car at easy access that didnt give you issue when shifting, as the pocket on the centre console is where I rest my arm when shifting.

This is the item I ordered here;

Modifry Dash Bracket

I then needed to ensure I had a phone holder that could bolt in with ease. Luckily Modifry had an option available;

Universal Phone Holder

I knew I was going to get a shorter FD, and with that you'll need to correct the speedometer. As a result I got this;

Yellow Jacket Speedometer Corrector
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Wow that's a really cheap price on the yellow jacket! should've taken you up on your offer to group buy haha

Comment

Where would you be going to get your front bar painted/fitted? I need to get my lip painted as well

Comment

Would take it to sharpline paints in moorebank. They did my front bar andcolour match was on point. Just gotta get them to pay attention to final fitting and some care to finish the job.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                  Wow that's a really cheap price on the yellow jacket! should've taken you up on your offer to group buy haha
                  Mate, you should have! plus the USD is getting weaker every day!

Looking to pick up the car from Top One today after getting a few tinkers here and there. bring on the weekend and the JDMyard meet tomorrow!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Picked up the car from Top One late on Friday afternoon.

Everything that I asked for (and more) was attended too;

The car has this xpensive (back in the day) quiktrak system. Got Dedy to rip all that out as I didnt want it. Ripped that out in addition to this extra immobiliser that came with the car. Was too bulky also as the remote was a regular sized remote and didnt want to double up. Replaced the existing security system with a new system that works quite well. THe only downside is the range isnt as far as I had preferred. But meh small issue.

Didnt really know LOL, but I have a decent Alpine unit in the system. It does everything but include a CD slot. Not too much of a problem as Im sure if it did have CD slot, the precious space in the S would be taken up with cd's. I took a photo of the above merely to record the model number so I could look it up on google and check if a cd slot was available or not.

I also had all the aftermarket wiring ripped out as Parvez had an amp/sub in the boot. Removed all that and got Dedy to rewire the aftermarket Pioneer splits directly to the head unit. System sounds alright actually!

I also got the car raised front and rear to make it level all around. Pretty happy with the ride height at the moment. I attended the JDMyard showoff when all the cool kids left to pick up some pads and rotors for the DC5.

Took the DC5 out on the weekend to make it towards Top One later tonight. Decided to get a few couple shots!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

You need to stop taking photos with a potato

Comment

Carbs is good for u but. U should know that Todd, you're a chef!

Apart from fixing up the interior bits on the car, and installing the koyo when it comes in. I wont be modding the car much or doing any track mods as I still have the DC5. Want to keep on getting more experience with the DC5 first.

Will be doing a pretty big order from Japan in the new year though lol
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Went to get an alignment. Got the UK spec alignment;

Felt awesome so far on the street can exit roudnabouts and those chicane/island things in 2nd gear at full throttle and only wheel spin occurs, rear doesnt step out at speeds under 60km/h.

Also thanks to AutoSphere in Melbourne, got my brake fluid for both cars stocked up!

Washed my car and met up with a few mates during the Festive season

The Lineup:

Car felt awesome in the twisties! Car just kept on asking me to push the car harder and harder. Car felt icnrediibly stable. Really inspired.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Been awhile since my last update since I have gotton married.

Still behind the scenes, lots of parts have been on order!

Koyo Radiator ordered as mine has a cracked end tank. Mind you the crack must be really minor as it doesnt leak at all, and I've taken it for a few twisties runs already

Ordered a JDM Rear AP1 Bar as I love the skinnier number plate garnish. Feel like it makes the rear sit so much cleaner

I've ordered several items from Japan over the last 6 weeks, and I really lost count on what I ordered.

When I seen this giant box I had no idea what it was:

Inside were new roll hoops, new cluster surround, new visors.

When the Glass roof was installed, I believe the roll hoops were removed by separation, instead of removing seats and then removing the roll hoops where they mate to the chassis. As I want the interior to be perfect, I had to get perfect condition ones.

Sun Visors - previous owners put velcro on the driver side one and also on the roof trim. So I ordered new visors

Cluster Surround, I purchased that Dash bracket thing for phones form Modifry, but I must admit I rushed the install. I cut too much and have this ugly gap on my cluster surround, Should have been patient and now I paid the price in buying a new cluster surround to fix up my error

Love the above shot, but you can see the stupid silicon used to attach the AP1 lip from previous onwer.

Took the car back to RNP over the long weekend, I guess I am getting more familiar with this car and I feel like I am more confident driving it. ATM on corner exit I can feel the little 16inch wheels wheel spinning. Cnat wait to get new rim setup on!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Just also wanted to update my "to buy list"

1 - new glovebox
                              2 - new roof liner
                              3 - single exit catback
                              4 - AP2 centre console
                              5 - FD2R gearknob
                              6 - AP2 door cards
                              7 - AP2 OEM lip
                              8 - OEM bootlid
                              9 - OEM clear side indicators
                              10 - oil filter stopper (most likely J's)
                              11 - Fixed back bucket with matching rail
                              12 - remove Defi ZD from DC5 and install in AP1
                              13 - single exit rear cap for rear bar
                              14 - 4.77 final drive
                              15 - respray in OEM MCB
                              16 - AP2 Tail lights
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Number 3 off the list.

Got a spoon n1 single catbCk