Bas' PY DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bas' PY DC2R

I made a thread once before, though I went and deleted it as I felt as though I wouldn't be updating it as much but I guess my minds be changed!
    Story time!
    Around February of 2014, I begun looking for different types of cars as I knew I would be getting my green p's in July and thus would give myself and upgrade. I had my eyes set on an accord euro and fell absolutely in love with them, I even began making a list of the things I wanted to do to it as soon as I got it. Then one night came along as of then, I had heard a little about the DC2R but not enough to have me Engaged in wanting to own one. My friend and I were headed towards the city in his Nissan Pulsar VZR, a car I never really liked much but my friend claimed his car was one of the quickest N/A cars going around. As we were headed towards the city, A PY DC2R pulls up next to him, three beeps later and the DC2R left the VZR for dead & that night was the first of a series of long nights with me searching up the DC2R. I was constantly looking for either a white or yellow one and quickly realised how hard it was to find a decent one. After months of looking, I had finally found the one I wanted, the second I laid my eyes on it I knew that it was going to be the car I wanted.
    Here it was as I bought it!

2000 PY DC2R 00-0577
    This car was as clean as I've ever seen, with log books stamped every service up to date and everything. Receipts showed that the previous owner had a lighten flywheel installed aswell, which was a bonus.
    Mods included:
    X-force 4-2-1 Headers
    Fujistbo 2 1/2" Exhaust system with a Fujistbo 4" cannon
    Injen CAI

The stock wheels had been resprayed black with a red outline, something which I've never been a great fan of and plan to either go complete black or find a set of gun metal grey ones.
    Upon purchasing it, I loved the car besides the fact that the exhaust sounded really farty and I did not like the sound at all, you could barely hear V-Tec opening up due to the loudness of it, so my first mod was to go and purchase an X-Force twin loop which I went about of doing.
    As of purchase, the gearbox had slight crunching in high revs in 4th gear, which I had no problem with and reflected the price I purchased the car for ($8500) which included 9 months rego.

I also went out and purchased some blue lug nuts as I felt that they would stand out and give the car a new look.

My current plans for the car include:
    - Recondition gearbox with Carbon Synchros
    - Purchase a Hondata and get a tune (I'm hoping for 130KWatw, I plan to purchase cams if I fall short of that mark)
    - Coilovers, although it currently has king springs I would prefer if the car sat a little lower, plus added stability doesn't hurt.
    - JDM front conversion
    - Option Skirts and Pods (these are a bitch to find at a reasonable price)

How the car currently sits -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done! With the lug nuts, are they dome ended or conical? From memory the stock wheels need dome ended nuts - if you use conical ones, the contact area with the nut is is very, very small.

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
      Well done! With the lug nuts, are they dome ended or conical? From memory the stock wheels need dome ended nuts - if you use conical ones, the contact area with the nut is is very, very small.
      I think they're conical, I had looked up before purchasing them and quite a few people said they never ran into any issues running them so I thought I should give it a try.

Comment

Undo a nut - you'll likely see a "cut" line around the nut, rather than across the surface of the cone.

That cut line you see is the contact surface the wheel nut has with your wheel. Of course there'll be people that haven't had issues...but I also know of people who drive without seatbelts...

Comment

Same feeling with me man, I know I probably won't get anything else major done with my car for another year or so. How many KM's clocked if you don't mind me asking ?
          00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
          13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
          15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
            Same feeling with me man, I know I probably won't get anything else major done with my car for another year or so. How many KM's clocked if you don't mind me asking ?
            Currently sitting at 200, feel like I'll rebuilt it before I sell it, otherwise it'll have too many kms to sell, though I don't plan on selling it anytime soon at all.

Comment

Was driving in the city a couple nights ago when my alternator belt snapped. Couldnt handle the force of my vtec apparently so im currently in the process of getting that changed.

Comment

Long time no update! With good reasons. First week of the new year was out on a cruise with a few of my friends when a ticking sound was coming from the top end. Car was idling very rough and the engine was shaking a lot, even though upon inspection the mounts were not broken. I've decided that I'll just drop in a new C7, as mine currently has 213kms, I would prefer finding one under the 150 mark. Not many updates besides that. Cleared my EPA finally!

Comment

Ah nice to see you've found a replacement and gotten the clearance. I was wondering why you were posting looking for around for engines. There was a guy who was selling his whole C7 (just w/o the gearbox) for like 2.5 and he only clocked like 114, xxxkm's~ on them
                  Last edited by jv-st; 28-01-15, 05:46 AM.
                  00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                  13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                  15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Working...
                  X