• Show
Clear All

What did you end up doing with the free end
    of the intake tube?

Comment

Originally posted by RC_dc2 View Post
      What did you end up doing with the free end
      of the intake tube?

It's just sitting there. It should work pretty well. I'll see how it goes and make any adjustments from there. I can attach another bit of hose to it and move it into the splash guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3rd time lucky
        Silicone pipe again didn't hold. Decided with 4 inch scat hose held to the body and airbox with a couple of cable ties

Works so far and pipe goes into splash guard which is what I wanted in the first place.

Also started to mount the catch can. Bought all the fittings and pipe today. Still not finished cause I got called into work... Sad

Just need to chop piping to size and all done!

Also ordered Nankang semi slicks today (road legal version until I buy a second set of wheels). Ordered EBC redstuff brake pads as well but might change as it looks like it's going to take about 3 months for the rear pads to arrive. Other brands available so I'll see what they come back to me with.

Comment

All done

Comment

Tyres and brake pads will be here next Wednesday.

Tyres: Nankang NS-2R semi-slick (180 treadwear)
            Brake Pads: Ferodo DS2500 (from memory... pretty sure it's these)

Comment

Brakes and tyres installed

Comment

SA Supra Track Day - Mallala

SA Supra track day today at Mallala. Car ran really well all day, despite the rain after lunch break.
                Got three dry sessions and three wet sessions.

Fastest time: 1:30.41 (Harry's Lap Timer)

Pretty happy with that time considering first day out at Mallala. Was hoping to get into the 29s but ran out of dry track haha.

Tyre Pressures

Started at 25psi cold all round

Hot psi (front): 32 (dry)
                Hot psi (rear): 30 (dry)

These pressures seemed to work pretty well. Car felt stable and predictable and didn't understeer too much.

Brakes seemed to hold up really well. No issues with fading/vibrations etc etc. Few marks on the front rotors so I'll have a proper look at that some time soon.

Videos to come when they have finished copying onto my computer. Had three small off track adventures all through turn 1, which should be entertaining to watch back haha.
                Had my phone recording and showing me lap times then had my GoPro suction mounted to the sunroof as well.

Comment

Currently uploading Harry's Lap Timer video to YouTube so I can share it here but it's from my phone so it's pretty average quality... Need to get at new GoPro so I can overlay the lap timer with the gopro which would be muuuuch better

Comment

Fastest lap time of the day.

https://youtu.be/mBNqTFkbp2g

Comment

Nice driving. Were you the only one on the track or was everyone behind you?
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

We were separated into 5 groups with 4 or 5 cars per group. My group was supposed to have 4, one guy pulled out before the day, the other two had car issues. One guy skipped that session and the other one was somewhere behind haha

Comment

Things for next track day

A seat with more support... haha

Comment

Alex's 95 DC2

Couple more videos from yesterday

Session 2 - Fastest lap times set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LffM...ature=youtu.be

Final session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBaj...ature=youtu.be

Best part from 6:30... haha

Watching these videos back I definitely need to improve my steering habits. Crossing my arms and only steering with my thumbs on the tight corners is definitely not ideal.
                            Last edited by Alex_Walker; 02-05-17, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Small update:

Ever since I went to install a gauge ages ago I noticed incredibly dodgy wiring around the ignition. I bought a new ignition loom from a member on here around that same time but never got around to installing it all until today.
                              Got sick of the central locking and immobiliser not working half the time so decided I would clean it all up today.

This is what I was initially faced with...

Had to remove a majority of the trim to access all the wiring. Started with removing the central locking pulling all the wires through the door. I didn't want to leave any excess wiring hanging around. This led on to the immobiliser. It was relatively simple since I was replacing the whole ignition loom.

Once all the wires were removed this is what I was left with:

This is what I replaced that mess with:

Much neater now!

Also removed old sub and amp wiring (went from the boot all the way to the battery) plus the fuse box that was sitting in the engine bay. Amp wiring went from drivers side over to the passenger seat so had to lift some of the carpet and remove all the centre trim bits.

I was very tempted to leave all the trim off and just put the door cards back but figured I'll leave it as is till I get a little more serious.

All up I removed 3kg of wiring plus the bits for the central locking!

Happy with how it all worked out. Gives that peace of mind now knowing there's no dodgy wiring hanging around.

Comment

Next track day booked in for 27th July.

Comment

Working...
                                X