Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Knobosaurus S2000

So, funny story as to how I sold my DC5R:

Went to a dealer to test drive a pre-loved s2000 they had. Was in quite good condition and only needed a couple of minor things fixed before I would consider buying. You guys all know how dealers are. Always trying to close a deal. As such, this sales rep in particular, lets call him Joseph, asked me

"What's stopping you from buying this car today?"

and I responded

"My folks won't let me have two cars at home, let alone sports cars so I have to sell mine first".

"That's your car in the parking lot out there right?" Joseph pointed out.

"Yeah"

"Well how's this, I'll take it for a quick drive, if I think it's in good condition, I'll give you your asking price"

I was quite skeptical as I always so sure dealers would lowball me if I tried to trade in my ride. Nevertheless, I let him flog the car down the street and before I knew it, I was signing the paperwork for my new car:

Thar she blows:

Quite happy with the red leather interior. Car is 100% stock and even includes the 8 stacker cd player with the stock honda tape casette deck. As for plans, I really want to maintain this car and keep it as OEM looking as possible. Hah. Good joke right?

I want to get some money together for a hardtop (Will need to do some research as to what's worth the coin). Seeing as how this is virtually clubs2k, what are the opinions of the resident s2000 owners?

I look forward to seeing how this beast grows.

Vinh
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Clubs2k grows :P

From the picture it looks clean man!
    Not sure if you are already a member or not but join aus s2k on fb. Great group

Comment

Wow. Nice man
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Welcome to ClubS2000!
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Welcome to CS2K! Wait what.

Nice one!!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Congrats wit the new S2000. My opinion OEM hardtop is the best if you want a OEM'ish looking S2000, or if you got heaps of cash an Amuse would be cool. In my opinion no top is the best though.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Welcome to clubs2k mate. Good to see another s2000 is in safe hands.
              I to suggest joining the Aus s2k Facebook group, nice and helpful bunch with next to zero trolling.
              Regarding hardtops, if you want guaranteed fitment, go oem or mugen. Fitment of most replicas is hit and miss, with some fitting well and others not.
              Look forward tofollowng your new build thread
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                Clubs2k grows :P

From the picture it looks clean man!
                Not sure if you are already a member or not but join aus s2k on fb. Great group
                Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                Wow. Nice man
                Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                Welcome to ClubS2000!
                Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Welcome to CS2K! Wait what.

Nice one!!
                Thanks guys. I've already become a member of the facebook groups (Including the buy and sell). Very nice people on there. Genuinely helping each other out.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                Congrats wit the new S2000. My opinion OEM hardtop is the best if you want a OEM'ish looking S2000, or if you got heaps of cash an Amuse would be cool. In my opinion no top is the best though.
                Cheers mate. The amuse hard top looks absolutely mint. Almost like a factory option. I'd imagine working for a long time to be able to afford one of those.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                Welcome to clubs2k mate. Good to see another s2000 is in safe hands.
                I to suggest joining the Aus s2k Facebook group, nice and helpful bunch with next to zero trolling.
                Regarding hardtops, if you want guaranteed fitment, go oem or mugen. Fitment of most replicas is hit and miss, with some fitting well and others not.
                Look forward tofollowng your new build thread
                Thanks Nathan. OEM would definitely be the first option but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale longer than a few hours. They get snatched up pretty quick even on s2ki. Mugen is nice and all but I'm not really a fan of the hard top extending all the way back to the tail. It might grow on me one day but today it seems a bit strange
                Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

There are people willing to sell their OEM hardtops, depends how deep your pockets are
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                    There are people willing to sell their OEM hardtops, depends how deep your pockets are
                    Shak, please sell baller dc5r parts and tell me how deep your pockets are

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                      Thanks Nathan. OEM would definitely be the first option but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale longer than a few hours. They get snatched up pretty quick even on s2ki. Mugen is nice and all but I'm not really a fan of the hard top extending all the way back to the tail. It might grow on me one day but today it seems a bit strange
                      I think you're thinking of the spoon hardtop that extends all the way across the bootlid. I think they look weird too. Mugen is definitely my favourite hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                        I think you're thinking of the spoon hardtop that extends all the way across the bootlid. I think they look weird too. Mugen is definitely my favourite hardtop
                        Indeed. Mugen and Amuse definitely look similar. One can only dream

CW DC5R Build

Comment

It's been a while guys.

To be honest, I jumped back on here to search for people's ideas on what to do in Japan. Some great recommendations. Will definitely be doing the Fun2Drive but I'm still tossing up between an NA1, GTR or 911. I'm not going until April anyway so I have time to mull it over.

In the meantime, I have been doing a little bit with my car since purchase so I'll be updating this thread over time. I'll just leave this here: From 6 months ago when I was crazy with my money and owned both of these things.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

FD! Very nice.
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

The Knobosaurus S2000

Good to see you back Knoby!

Keen to see the build/diary of the S2000 (and FD!)
                              Last edited by chaumeh; 18-01-17, 02:03 PM.
                              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X