Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LuLus MR DC5R

Hey guys,
    So I joined up a little while ago and have been meaning to post up a buildthread considering this is the first car I've actually ever gotten to get to look relatively ok ahaha still a bit rough but hopefully everything will turn out :L
    So she's a 2003 models dc5r in Milano Red. When I bought her, had already had a full respray as prior owner hadn't been able to garage it and paint faded to that red pink colour :/
    This is how she looked day of purchase

Now shed already had a ton of goodies attached to her including a full Xforce system including headers

Also had an Injen cai, new red Recaros inside instead of stock black ones as well as an aftermarket sunroof installed. Hardrace engine mounts allround I discovered after jacking the car up along with an aftermarket powersteering rack and engine dampener (honestly had no idea I had them) also had receipts for an exedy sports organic clutch
    Next step was some wheels so I sourced a set of BBS RGs 17x8 on front and 17x9 on the rear.

As you can see they were half plastidipped black. I wasn't too keen on black so after some deliberation with the missus and best mate we promptly dipped them a dark copper colour (black Plastidip with 2coats of metallic copper dip ontop) very stoked with end product

However I couldn't stand the wheel gap so found a set of tein superstreet coilovers and dropped the car to a nicer height

And the end result

Also got a set of angel eye headlights and whacked them on

Took her out for a proper drive down through Avon Dam afyer installing a whiteline rear sway and rear beaks tie bar (don't have photos of those yet ) and a mate got a shot of the teg looking not too shabby

Had a mini meet with 2 mates. One in a da9 and one in a dc4 and this was a cute happy snap

Speaking of cute, had my puppy clutch jumping in the recaros as I was doing some cleaning and couldn't help but laugh at him

So that was it after a bit. Got snapped at casula mall shopping centre by a mate driving past

Then got my jdm yellow eBay foggies installed

Haven't done too much to my car to date since then but ran into another MR Dc5 again at casula mall. Parked next to it and took a photo and only recently realised that the other teg lived very close and had a quick chat on facebook and they'd also taken (much nicer) photos. Not sure of owner is on here but the car look great together!

Next mods will be new wheels (hopefully white) and possibly a new slave cylinder as my clutch has been funny recently.
    Thabks for looking guys, hope you enjoyed
    Will keep updated on anything new
    If anyone is in Preston's, glenfield, livo/Campbelltown area, honk and say hi if you see me, I'm not the best photographer but I'm trying

Last edited by LuLu; 31-08-14, 11:06 PM.

Welcome to CITR! Glad to see another MR DC5R join the ranks, they're seriously a dying breed.

Why does everyone have a sunroof? All I want in life is to have a sunroof!

Also, where did you source your Projector Headlights? How would you rate them?

Comment

Nice, good thing it got a respray. Gap between bolsters perfect for a small doggys head. Headlights look like facelift with teardrops of pre !

Comment

@Paul
        Hahah yeah I was stoked when I found it came with sunroof! But it's aftermarket so I don't have that shutter thing on the roof if you know what I mean :L projectors I got from some mates I know who import performance lights. CT Autoparts, if you want some more info lemme know and I'll get in touch I love the look of them and the halos are amazing, but not as visible as I'd like them in the daytime so I usually have them off
        @tyk thanks mate! Yeah whenever I pull up home and open the door and my back gate my pup will just run and leap into my car :L
        I love the teardrop shape as well!

Comment

Welcome to the MR Family

Comment

So this happened...

Plastidip is magical :P special mention to my misus for helping me tape and paint
            The end result,

Comment

Working...
            X