Nickolas' DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nickolas' DC5

Finally got my 2005 Integra DC Luxury I've been coveting for months now.

Excellent condition, 89,000km... manual... very happy with the purchase.

Special thanks to Alan, ChargeR, Hau, Butters, and especially Alex for all the advice!

Congrats on the purchase!

Third pic is nice haha

Comment

Congrats, welcome to the DC5 family.

Comment

Very clean, nice pickup!

Comment

Clean!! Congrats on your purchase.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice find bud, congrats
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Thanks guys... she's great. I've got to name her... the car that is, the bird in the third photograph already has a name.

The car came with the OEM fog lights, but due to being cracked, the dealer had to remove them for the roadworthy, which I wasn't happy about, so he's ordered an aftermarket set from the States.

Another point I was particular about were the front tyres that had to be changed for the roadworthy. I insisted on Michelins, which the dealer delivered on which is great. I know most of you guys are looking for performance specs, but in terms of longevity, economy, sound reduction and comfort, you can't go past the Michelin Primacy 3 ST's. I'm going to replace the rears with matching tyres too, which means I won't consider replacing the 16" rims for some time.

So far I have cleaned up the shifter knob and boot which was installed poorly using one of my sterling silver rings and the OEM Type R (*maybe) silver shift knob which looks pretty classy, and I installed an aftermarket Type S Rear Lip I ordered from Texas. It's a perfect match in terms of size and look without having to drill holes in my boot.

Finally I ordered a set of Eibach Pro springs 4 months ago which finally arrived in the mail, a ludicrously complicated purchase I won't get into. The original one-female-owner claims that the car was purchased with the existing springs on it, which if I'm not mistaken are King Springs looking at the yellow colour and model numbers. I ordered the Eibach Springs well before purchasing the car, so of the two I think the Eibach's are a slightly better option. I'll post the King Springs on here for sale once I've removed them.

One question I have (*which I might post in the Technical Forum) is in relation to a set of 2nd hand Buddyclub Rear Control Arms I was given for free with the Eibach springs. One of the control arms is ever so slightly bent. I'm wondering if it's worth me putting them on when I replace the springs or should I just stick to the OEM arms? Is it beneficial to have adjustable rear control arms for wheel alignments?

Here's an EXAMPLE of a bent Buddyclub Rear Control Arm. Mine is not nearly as bad as this, but just so you know what I'm talking about:

Last edited by snowinokinawa; 13-08-14, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Congrats on finding the right car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hkmQKx9p4
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Welcome Nickolas, Congrats on the purchase

Comment

Working...
                  X