Kenny's NHB DC2 ITR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny's NHB DC2 ITR

Hey everyone. Making a new dairy for my new project for CLUBITR exclusively as i cannot be bothered making a thread for other sites as its much to hard to maintain (lazy).
    Thread will be mainly to updated myself on what has been done and to look back/reflect upon in the future and keep myself updated!

Been on the forums lurkin for awhile. Previously owned a blue EK Sedan for around 2.5 years. I've always wanted a Dc2R of some sort for awhile now but never really did anything about it and went through about 3 phases with my previous car til i lost interest in the build as i had achieved what i had envisioned for it during my time of ownership (in saying that i did really enjoy my time owning it.)

Here are some pics for reference.

Fast forward to around 2 days ago and i picked up my 2001 NHB DC2R!

The car came with the following mods:
    - Genuine TODA Headers
    - Mugen twin loop catback
    - Comptech Ice Box intake
    - Oem Optional Skirts and Pods
    - Oem Raybrig Foggies
    - Hardrace bushings all around
    - Buddyclub N+ Coilovers
    - JDM ITR 16s"

Car was overall in good condition when i picked it up. Had an inspection and it was mostly very promising. Just little things here and there that need to be replaced/fixed and she'll be sweet!

My impressions so far are great. Body was in pretty great condition for its age. Few rock chips on the front end but overall the body and paint is in good nick.
    Interior is also in superb nick! Heres a pic from when i got it!

Not a fan of the fogs at all.

Day after i decided to work and fix up a couple of minor things that had bothered/triggered my minor OCD senses with the help of my mates
    1. The seal b/w the bonnet and the front bar had some sort of white stain left on it (probably from some cleaning product haha)
    2. Install my Sub
    3. Reinstall the HIDs (taken out for rwc purposes)
    4. Remove those damned foggies
    5. Replace the rear number plate light with some T10s

No many pics of progress but managed to get all the above done with the help of my good mates Keith and Ricky! THANKS m8.
    Anyways here are some more pictures of the car. Enjoy!

(NO moar fogs; but need a new bar cos the grill area had to be cut to fit em.. let me know if anyone has a spare ITR bumper for me to replace with haha. But it will have to do for now.)

My mates were also too kind and had bought a belated present for me and the ITR. (Bosch wipers and some Dc2 visors); THANKS
    No pics but bosch wipers have been put on aswell as some T10s for the front indicator lenses.

Really enjoying driving the R so far (much more than the EK due to the overall feel the rawness of the car) and slowly adjusting to driving it but it definitely feels great and better than anything ive had the opportunity to drive.

My plans for the Dc2R are not too crazy and ill stick to keeping this functional so i can enjoy her more so on the road rather than just hardparking it.
    List for things that i wish to get done in the future:
    - Get a service done in the coming weeks
    - Rear wiper delete
    - Oem Eg6/Dc2 Clear indicators (ORDERED)
    - New number plates
    - Install the visors
    - Give the interior a good clean
    - cut and polish
    - Wheels! Ce28s/Regas are on the to-buy list (Need some advice on these in the future; 16x8 +35ish. Best tires to run? 215/45? 205/45?)
    - Roll the rear guards
    - Hardrace front camber arms
    - Alignment
    - JDM FRONT CONVERSION?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!?!?!??!?!?!?

Anyways any feedback is welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by KennyBKT; 23-09-14, 09:58 PM.

Congrats on finally getting that DC2R!
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice purchase. DC2Rs are the best.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

On 8's i recommend 215's if youre rolling the guards with that offset, if not 205's will give a slight stretch which should clear with around -3 degrees (unrolled guards) of camber rear and -1.5 front, but for a dope setup on the street, run -0.5 rear and -2.5 front, and 0 toe front/rear, have that setup of my mates dc2r and it feels amazing

Comment

Nice car!
          and i second felix, dc2rs are the best!

On a side note, i'm running 225/45-16 16x8 ET30 allaround, -2.5 camber F/R works like a charm, had do modify my inner arches in the front but no biggie
          Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
          Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
          Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            Congrats on finally getting that DC2R!
            Thanks man! Good feels all around haha

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Nice purchase. DC2Rs are the best.
            Thanks man! loved yours.

Originally posted by stalis View Post
            On 8's i recommend 215's if youre rolling the guards with that offset, if not 205's will give a slight stretch which should clear with around -3 degrees (unrolled guards) of camber rear and -1.5 front, but for a dope setup on the street, run -0.5 rear and -2.5 front, and 0 toe front/rear, have that setup of my mates dc2r and it feels amazing
            Thanks for the info.. if i do happen to get wheels in the future im definately going to go for 215/45. Cheers!

Originally posted by raseri View Post
            Nice car!
            and i second felix, dc2rs are the best!

On a side note, i'm running 225/45-16 16x8 ET30 allaround, -2.5 camber F/R works like a charm, had do modify my inner arches in the front but no biggie
            Thanks for the compliment! Dc2rs are definately an awesome car.
            I've had a read through your thread, seems like alot of people run 225/45/16s on 8" wide wheels. Dont want to have to have to mod/flare my guards too much to fit wheels so i think ill stick to the 215/45 max.

Cheers for the info!

Comment

UPDATE

Have had the car for around a month now and ive put on around 600kms on it. Love it so far, much more fun than the EK!
              Since the last update i have acquire a couple of minor cosmetics stuff:

- New number plates [ITR888] + some ALTREX slimline number plate frames (Gets rid of the white outline from the original plate; looks cleaner IMO anyways)

(Yes, thats the best i could come up with after 2 weeks of playing around with the VPLATES website. Much better than whatever number plate was on it before tho!)

- OEM clear side indicators/markers from JDMCONCEPT

- HB3 5k HIGH BEAM BULBS (Phillps Diamond Vision); colour wasnt bright enough to match the brightness of my HIDs but they do the job much better than the bulbs before.

- Hardrace front/rear camber arms + Hardrace toe arms (Yet to install these.. will wait til i acquire some new wheels and do it all in one go)

- PasswordJDM rear wiper delete (Not yet installed)

Got a couple of things i need done atm.. mainly just getting it serviced in the next coming weeks whenever i can be bothered and getting around to installing my visors and rear wiper delete.

Other than that looking to lower her a tad more in the front and rear than the height its currently at.

Cheers for viewing!

Comment

i run 205/45/16 on my 16x8 et38 with 2 degree camber and fender rolled, no rubbing =)

Comment

nice car man! Good to see you finally got the car you were dreaming of for so long
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by j_dc2r View Post
                    i run 205/45/16 on my 16x8 et38 with 2 degree camber and fender rolled, no rubbing =)
                    yeah man looks awesome! Shoudlve bought the te37s before you got em :P

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                    nice car man! Good to see you finally got the car you were dreaming of for so long
                    thanks dude good feels all round!

UPDATE

Finally got around to getting the car serviced (oil and filter change)

Also decided to lower her tad more front and rear.

Pics:

Also been looking for wheels for a couple of weeks.. was stuck between te37/ce28s/regamaster evos and couldnt find a set that ticked all the boxes.

Last week saw a set of sweet wheelz on Ozhonda which ticked all the boxes and more. (relatively cheap for what the wheels are)

Here they are!

Spoon SW388s !
                    Specs are: 16x8 +45 (F) and 16x7 +45 (R)

Decided to go ahead and take out all the stickers straight away (not a fan of em tbh)

couple of marks here and there and rash on one of em but overall very happy with my purchase.

Also bought some genuine rays duralumin nuts in black to suit the wheels. (have a spare set of r40 project kics in gunmetal but dont think they'll look as good haha)

Will be getting some 215/45 tires on em in the coming weeks.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Nice find on the wheels. I personally am a fan of the Spoon stickers, haha.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

can't wait to see them on, good choice mate

Comment

Looks great... sell me your JDM 16s... I need a second set that aren't frigging white!!!!
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Nice find. It's going to look tough!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Cool ride, looking clean man ! any plans on doing some interior work ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X