No announcement yet.

Artic Blue DC5R (Perth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the guys at Kyp got their dyno set up and I got a few extra hp out of it but the main thing was the remap of my fuel map, it has completely transformed the power of the car, never struggling now just seamless!

On another note finally got it on the track at barbagello last night and for a first timer on the track I think we went alright running 1.12 on the long circuit and .59 on the short so will be good to see the difference an lsd and better clutch and flywheel will make!

Watch this space!
    Last edited by PhilipMee; 25-08-14, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I've been back to work again and now the list goes on!

Toda Clutch and Flywheel
      ATS 1.5 Way Carbon plated LSD
      FD2R Final Drive
      Carbon Synchro's
      Spoon Rigid Collar Kit for front and rear.

Hopefully pics will follow soon!

Comment

yummmm fd2r final drive. ��

Comment

That's a nice upgrade, what brand Synchros you running?
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipMee View Post
            I've been back to work again and now the list goes on!

Toda Clutch and Flywheel
            ATS 1.5 Way Carbon plated LSD
            FD2R Final Drive
            Carbon Synchro's
            Spoon Rigid Collar Kit for front and rear.

Hopefully pics will follow soon!
            Oh very nice upgrade for the LSD. I went for the OS Giken LSD. Keen to test it out once i get it fitted in December/Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              That's a nice upgrade, what brand Synchros you running?
              I went with Synchrotech

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                Oh very nice upgrade for the LSD. I went for the OS Giken LSD. Keen to test it out once i get it fitted in December/Jan.
                Yeah mate keen to get mine on the track again and test out the new set up in comparison to the last time I had it out! Bring on the 29th so I can get it out for a full day at Barbagello!

Comment

It's with a heavy heart that I say the piston rings have given up on my engine but on the bright side it gives me something to think about now as to what is next!

To me just repairing is no fun it's time to modify! Just can't make my mind up!

Bore existing block and go full toda set up or try a M&M Honda race bottom end! M&M option is interesting!

Can anyone shed any light?

Comment

A few things I'd consider off the bat:
                    What extent was the damage?
                    Was the head damaged?
                    Would you want an upgrade from what you had or just get it back on the road?
                    How much are you looking to spend all up?
                    How much money are you wishing to spend to get the car back on the road?

Out of curiosity, what do you think caused your piston rings to fail?

And lastly, K24 > K20 hehe

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                      A few things I'd consider off the bat:
                      What extent was the damage?
                      Was the head damaged?
                      Would you want an upgrade from what you had or just get it back on the road?
                      How much are you looking to spend all up?
                      How much money are you wishing to spend to get the car back on the road?

Out of curiosity, what do you think caused your piston rings to fail?

And lastly, K24 > K20 hehe
                      Head isn't damaged so that's all good, I will keep the existing head because of the amount of work already done to it!

As I said in the post I don't see the point in just repairing to get back on the road, I really think that's a waste of money and money isn't a thing that bothers me all that much as long as I can see the results!

The main thing I want to find out is the results people have had with boring their existing engines and putting stroker kits in them and what parts have they used, my other option is to get a racing engine from M&M Honda in Japan it's probably about 50% more expensive than rebuilding my existing but might be something pretty unique!

Comment

K24 doesn't interest me all that much because even though it has more torque it doesn't rev like the k20 and I like my engine to rev as high as possible!

What caused the piston rings to go?
                        Wear and tear and I race the car quite a bit so it was always going to happen eventually

Comment

Working...
                        X