Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle's S2000

G'day!

I have a strong passion for cars though I am only new to the scene it's all I ever think about! I am a mad sports car and Forumla 1 fanatic and for as long as I can remember I want to race cars!

I'm defiantly not a Honda fan boy S2000 was a car I really has a soft spot for them I guess because it's an almost affordable sports car for my budget! Even thou it's not the fastest car and having to rev it to 9000 RPM to go anywhere the S2000 has so much potential with a few mods and I think this would beat suit me anyway and my racing dream!

After months of searching I finally purchased a MCB S2000 from basically a one owner car! It came with a full service history with 120 000 on the clock! My plan from day one was always to track this car and as soon as the car was mine I began saving for parts. Since then I've created a decent size list with things I want to done to have a track weapon P plater car!

I hate fake parts it makes me cringe so I'm trying to do everything right genuine! I'm no mechanic and I don't have anyone to help me out certainly in Brisbane anyway! All advice and help is grately appreciated!

List of mods purchased so far:

Zeal Function Plus Coilovers
    Enkei RPF1s 17 x 9 +45 17 x 9.5 +38
    Federal SS 235/45 255/40
    Invidia N1 exhaust system
    Berk HFC 70mm

First time attack day is 14th of August and Queensland race way! I'm going to be tight on money after I get the tyres on and track fees paid but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

After that event it'll be back to saving for a Voltex GT wing, big brake kit and unfortunately a replica hardtop.

Welcome to ClubITR!

Sounds like the mods are going in the right track! Hopefully I may see you out on the track days shortly ~ I'm sure you have herd of me in the scene in Brisbane ...

Comment

Welcome man!

Good mods so far. Heading in the right direction
      My girlfriend lives in Brisbane so I'm up there a bit. Might see you around.

Upload some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
        Sounds like the mods are going in the right track!
        I see what you did there.

Pics please
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome, getting a fair few S2K owners on here which is awesome. Nice list of mods. Is that Invidia N1 loud?
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Everyone says it's loud but I guess there not used to it like I am!

Comment

Welcome to clubitr Kyle, I like pictures of things[emoji6]
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Welcome to ClubS2K!
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                  Welcome to ClubS2K!
                  Hahaha true

Comment

Pictures

Sorry for no photos I haven't had the chance to get onto my laptop! Here she is! Note: My RPF1's have not yet arrived also I plan to do a lot more than just BBK and GT Wing but there obviously the bigger two!

Attached Files

Comment

Update:

Been busy so haven't been able to update this thread!

Had my first ever track day on the 14th of August! Was fun but defiantly a lot to work on car wise and driving skills.

Rushing to get the car ready for TimeAttackQLD these are the mods I did/had done!

Guards Rolled and Pumped

Penrite Oil change

Wheels finally arrived! Wrapped in Federal 595's (I know I'm cheap and I regret it so bad)

Bit of Poke

Starting to take shape the way I imagined it

Decided to get a race setup Wheel Alignment, Accurate Suspension is one of the best in Brisbane and did a great job

This arrived the night before time attack! I know that create quite a lot of brake dust and I plan to go oem while not tracking.

Being my first track day and it being overcast I didn't play around with tyre pressure it would have been a bit much. Clubman circuit (Queensland Raceway) is technical and took me all three sessions to get the hang of it. The sprint circuit was much better for me as I started to get the hang of things and got used to the brake pads. I have ordered everything I need for a 4.77 Final Drive and I think this will really benefit the car on the track. The car felt like it kept needing to go up in gear but then I was coming out of the corner not in the power band. The extra acceleration will be sweet to help lower my times also. Also a rear brace will hopefully help with the happy tail end and give me some more speed through the corners!

All knowledge and help would be much appreciated

Before next track day ill be installing the following items:

- 4.77 Final Drive
                      - Roll Centre Adjusters and Camber Joints
                      - Ultra Racing Rear Brace
                      - Hankook Rs3 Tyres

I've decided instead of saving money for a Voltex wing I am going to put it off a few months to go to WTAC! I'm so keen to go even if im just going by myself, seeing all the Queensland teams testing just gets you excited!

Comment

Nice work on completing your first track day!
                        Sign up and go to another before putting the new parts in. You'll find seat time will improve times a lot more than mods will. You'll also be able to gauge where your driving has improved and not just where the car has improved.

Nice to see you've ordered the final drive as well. 595s are good tyres if you get the rsr's and not the ss like you did.

To help with twitchiness and looseness in the rear look at adjustable rear toe arms to eliminate a lot of the bump steer.

You'll love wtac! A bunch of guys from the s2000 group are going so I guess we will see you there

Comment

Great stuff with getting out there on the track, where these machines belong.

Agree with Todd, more seat time will be the best way to improve lap times rather than modifying your car to lower lap times.

I'm not sure how your track is or how well you're maximizing the cars potential on your first track day, but you might able to fix your lack of corner exit power by just simply trying to carry more speed through the corner to stay in the power band.

In my case to help stablize the rear end of the S2000, a front anti sway bar does wonders and is cost effective.
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

It was good to see you out at the track the other day, good on you for getting out there. Definitely first time is always going to be just figuring out the racing lines ... once you got that, then its just knowing grip levels and when to brake, as I leaned on my very last session haha!

Comment

Yeah good idea I should try get another track day asap! Defiantly felt more confident and picking up on things as the day went on!

Yeah I'll defiantly have to catch up with all the Nsw S2000 crew!

Comment

Working...
                              X