Kenny's Sleeping Performance Sponsored DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny's Sleeping Performance Sponsored DC2

Hi guys, I've never done this before but thought I'd give it a crack at making a build thread.

My name is Kenny and I currently own a black dc2.

A little about my background first. Previously I had a turbo DC2R with an OEM B18C7, fitted with a GT35R that made 214kw @ 8psi on MSC Performance's dyno.

First track day after installing the turbo kit, we suffered gearbox issues. I was then faced with the dilemma of having to rebuild the B series gearbox, when a good friend of mine stumbled across a black K20 swapped DC2 Integra. After weighing up my options, I decided to part out my DC2R and purchased the black DC2.

The car came with a few basic bolt ons for the K20. Everything else was pretty much stock and it was making 135.9kws on Chasers Motorsports Dyno.

After purchasing my new car, the first thing I did was put a few left over parts I had, that I knew would work in developing my build.

I installed my:
    - F7 LCA
    - AMR ENGINEERING COILOVERS
    - OPTIONAL SIDE SKIRTS
    - CARBON FIBRE REAR PODS
    - C-WEST FROM LIP
    - MUGEN WING GEN 2
    - NARDI STEEERING WHEEL
    - PROJECT MU FRONT & REAR PADS

I then sent the car off to Josh @ Sleeping Performance for a SPMR spec Havoc 3in exhaust & cold air intake. I had a 3.5in blast pipe made up for when I was on track at the same time.

First track day out at Winton in the new car was a Tampered Motosport day on the Labour Day weekend. I wasn’t really paying attention to my times, as it was my first time out in this car I was still learning the track and the car.

Second track day at Winton was another Tampered day and after some more practice, I managed a best of 1:41.6

A week later I received some goodies in the mail . These were in the form of a Voltex wing that was purchased when I had my last Integra & I also received my PASSWORD JDM air duct. Thanks to Fielding from Import Performance & Styling. Fielding is a very helpful guy and his delivery time is very good.

The other thing I realised after the Tampered day was that the car needed a retune. I approached Josh again and after a lot of discussions regarding either staying with 98RON or making the switch to E85, I decided to tune the car for E85.

Around this time I received notification that I had been accepted into the upcoming EXE track day. I decided to make a splitter to work in conjunction with my wing and with a few of the boys help, we made a base design to work with.

EXE track day came along and Josh, along with Dave from Logfile Tuning Australia, made the trip up to Winton with me to help set the car up. After datalogging a couple of sessions, Dave made some final touch ups to the map, helping smooth out slight imperfections we found. Throughout the day we were also making adjustments to the chassis, which made the car a lot more fun to drive. I was able to set a new PB of 1.37.1 running on Yokohama A050.

I still had a couple of goodies lying around from the old Integra and one of those thing are my STOP-TECH BBK, which we recently installed. Fitting these required me to upgrade to 17in wheels to clear the larger diameter rotor.

In preparation for my next track day, which will be at Wakefield at the end of June, Josh & I sat down to do some quick ratio calculations. We decided to opt for a 5.06 Final drive, which will help the car a lot more at both Wakefield & Winton. We are currently fitting the new final drive to the gearbox as I type this.

I will keep the updates coming as I progess with the car and do some more track days. Here are some random pictures I have for you to have a look at.

[/URL]

Last edited by ken0z; 04-06-14, 11:01 PM.

Very nice car man. Great times too!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
      Very nice car man. Great times too!
      thanks buddy. same goes with you

Comment

How do you find the AMR engineering coilovers? I was pretty keen on giving them a go when I was doing my sussy but after a month of trying to get in touch with them and no response, I gave up. Still curious as to what could have been or what could be.

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Also curious about those coilovers.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Kenny! About time love you ride man I kinda consider our cars brothers

AMR coils are great. I'm running a set to. I have 14/12 spring rates and there smoother than my old N+. AMR them selves are a little slow but do deliver.

Once again Kenny nice write up bro
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Very cool Kenny. Did you notice a difference with the aero parts installed?
              Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Comment

Awesome to see your build being posted up here. I was wondering when it would show up! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys

Originally posted by itsu-san View Post
                  Very cool Kenny. Did you notice a difference with the aero parts installed?
                  Overall the car felt a lot more planted and was much faster thru the corners. The main thing I found, was that the rear was not as tail happy compared to what it was without the wing.

Comment

Fast car!
                    Good to see the background and build details
                    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

fk yea!! that friend of yours is a top bloke ^^ this car is amazing keep up the good work man.

Comment

Car looks amazing. Keen to see the progression of it. And those meaty tyres for track, so aggressive.

Just curious, where did you source the Chargespeed lip from?
                        Also what size are the tyres you have on for your track wheels?
                        Last edited by --drew--; 05-06-14, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vti-Rz View Post
                          fk yea!! that friend of yours is a top bloke ^^ this car is amazing keep up the good work man.
                          haha thanks buddy

Originally posted by --drew-- View Post
                          Car looks amazing. Keen to see the progression of it. And those meaty tyres for track, so aggressive.

Just curious, where did you source the Chargespeed lip from?
                          Also what size are the tyres you have on for your track wheels?
                          thank i was running 225/40. the lip is a C-West lip not a charge speed lip i purchased it from yahoo japan

Comment

And what a very sexy lip it is Kenny
                            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Was great to see this car in person! Very nice track style dc2

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Working...
                              X