X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM DC2R K-Swap Project Car

Hey guys!

So recently I've purchased a 98**' JDM DC2R Rolling Shell as a project car! With it, I plan to chuck in a K24!
    This is definitely going to be a long build as I'm pretty much starting from complete scratch as the shell was pretty damn bare. Will be working on it every now and then on the weekend and hopefully get it "complete" by the end of the year or early next year the very latest. At this this it's just a project car with no real intentions but for fun (will probably end up as a dedicated track car by the time I'm done with it).

It's been pretty crazy reading all the information that's out there regarding the k-swap. Bit confusing really with some conflicting information so hopefully I'll get to clear it up with the help of you guys on the forum! As it stands right now, feeling pretty overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done and figuring out what every bits and pieces I'll need to get it working right the way I want it without blowing the budget. Will hopefully be keeping the engine stock as a rock could be.

I'll post some pics up tonight of the shell!
    Last edited by eLtrix; 30-05-14, 12:52 PM.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Did most of my swap my swap my self and got it engineered so if u need info or a hand let me know
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Good luck with the build man.

Have you tracked the DC5 before?
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
        Did most of my swap my swap my self and got it engineered so if u need info or a hand let me know
        That would be great! Will definitely be harrassing you for help then! At this stage though the only thing thats really doing my head in is the wiring. I want to use the oem k20a2 harness with an aftermarket conversion harness such as hybrid racing or k-tuned but I'm trying to figure out what the conversion harness plugs into and is there any other work on top of the conversion harness!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
        Good luck with the build man.

Have you tracked the DC5 before?
        Thanks for the wishes! Will definitely be needing it. As for track, I've never been even with the DC5. Every time I've had the chance to something always come up and I don't get to go. I'm in no real rush to hit track but I do want to do a project car because I enjoy working on the car especially with mates and with the DC5 where I am right now with it there's just nothing I want to do but track with it!

As for the build... Here are some pics up! When I got it, we put it up on stands and gave it a good clean and began to remove the shocks, lcas and brakes. While underneath we found that the hard lines for the rear brakes were bent so we have to replace those too now!

I put in a spare OEM Type-R front strut I found lying around to make it... RACE CAR!!
        Last edited by eLtrix; 28-05-14, 08:35 PM.
        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

Did my wiring my self to the hybrid and Hasport instructions suck!
          Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Where u located? I'll bring my car round for reference

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
              Where u located? I'll bring my car round for reference
              That would be so awesome! But well... Did you plan on driving down to Melb any time soon?? :P For eg: Picking up the dog in it?

Comment

Yeah I'll be down there on the long weekend bro there for the honda meet at sleeping performance and to collect my puppy ?

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

I'll definitely be at that Honda Meet to have a look around! Will definitely love to catch up with you there!

Do you happen to have the facebook?

Comment

Yeah mate add me "fielding Borg"

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Best friends now ^^
                      Good luck Viet! Let me know if you have any questions or need a hand along the way
                      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                      F1 Nut

Comment

Kswap brings people together lol

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Huahah! Thanks NAPO! Will definitely be bombarding Fielding with questions! I live next to Josh's workshop so make sure to come by so I can disect your car a bit.

Comment

Acquired dash and door trims last night! Hopefully will be getting more parts this Saturday to chuck onto the shell! Excite!

Comment

Send me some parts up to skin in carbon for you

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Working...
                              X