Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's CW DC2R

Hey guys,

Name's Alex and I've been lurking the thread for a long time, having attended a very, very small number of ClubITR meets in Victoria.

I thought I would share my experience and journey thus far with my pride, a Championship White DC2R. Now when I first bought my car back in 2012, it wasn't in the best condition physically. However, it was priced at an absolute bargain, had a clean chassis and upon inspection, I knew that this car had potential and that it was in more than adequate health for a project track car.

This is how it first looked. It had mismatched suspension, DC5 wheels, a short ram intake and a Mugen rep wing with no traces of a Type R wing nor the decals in sight. But I bought it as it felt nice still and I knew I could bring it back alive with some hard work and patience. It also came with a RWC and a couple of months of rego so I decided to buy it, and I have not regretted this decision ever since.

This is how it sits currently. I will continually be updating this thread regularly on the parts, maintenance and general things I've done to bring the car to the way it is now.

Thanks

Wooo! Welcome Alex! Nice clean DC2 you got there!
    Project TOPLESS

Comment

Congrats on getting that first trackday under your belt!

Has the bug bitten yet?
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
        Wooo! Welcome Alex! Nice clean DC2 you got there!
        Thanks. Was a blast getting it to where it is now

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        Congrats on getting that first trackday under your belt!

Has the bug bitten yet?
        Most definitely, enjoyed every second of it. Such a thrilling experience, can't wait to go out again!

Comment

Nice transformation man!
          Really digging the way it looks now

Comment

Oh that one is yours!

Love it man
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Nice transformation man!
              Really digging the way it looks now
              Thanks man, i love it too ^_^. Just after a few more cosmetics and imo, it'll be complete!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Oh that one is yours!

Love it man
              Thanks! Love your DC2R

To begin my build, I started it off with a major service straight away. This included changing BMC change, engine mounts, timing belt + water pump, spark plugs, leads and a few other little things including an engine wash as it was dirty! This livened up my car and it felt amazing after these mechanical services. Its transformed the way the car responded and felt in every single aspect and I was loving it even more!

As you can see, it was quite dirty, but rectified within the service!

Around this time, I picked up a GP Sports EXAS Evo Tune Axel back. A very rare and reputable brand residing amongst Japan. It was JASMA stamped and featured a unique chambered design similar to the twinloop. It was a great exhaust and it certainly provided a much more energetic engine response than before and was incredibly aggressive during VTEC. I absolutely loved the sound of this exhaust, it was a beauty to listen to! Miss it actually haha.

This is all for now! More to come soon

Comment

Continuing on with my build, I managed to pick up a few goodies around the end of 2012. These included:
                -Tanabe Sustec Coilovers
                -Visors
                -Amber parkers
                -Decals
                -JDM ITR Wheels.

Tanabe Sustec Pro Coilovers. The difference was incredible. The Sustec Pro features only height adjustability however, but this wasn't a issue for me. The spring rates featured were 6/4. The ride quality was amazing and the dampening on this system was spectacular. Could feel a difference upon cornering and its steadiness and rigidity yet comfort ability during intense cornering which eagered me on.

The Decals. So cautious to put them on but think I did a okay job!

I've always admired and loved the DC2R stock look. However, I only wanted the JDM ITR 16 inch wheels. Luckily, I was able to pick some up during this time. How lucky and convenient for during this time. Loved the look, and quite liked the grey on white combo.

This was the end of my progression for my beloved car in 2012! In the few months of ownership of acquiring my car, this is how it turned out. I absolutely loved it

Comment

Good to see a build thread on this Alex. I forgot to come see you at Tampered in the afternoon.
                  Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                  Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                  Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                  Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                    Good to see a build thread on this Alex. I forgot to come see you at Tampered in the afternoon.
                    Ahh what was about? Plenty of more track days in store for me anyway hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X