X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your car makes baby jesus say "wow I want a Honda like that"
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
      So yummy and tuff
      Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
      Hey man looking really good!
      Just wondering if you could take a photo from directly behind the car so I could see the width of it
      I also see you got the whiteline fsb
      Thanks Todd! haha yeah I got the FSB a while ago, still haven't installed it. But it should be a very easy install.

Here you go, if I'm honest I'm not liking how the rear end looks with the giant Wing up top. It either needs an exhaust or a diffuser but I'm not willing to spend the money in that area any time soon. However very happy with how the wing looks from the side and front. All in all I'm more fussed whether it's functional or not at the track and I hope that it is!

P.S 1700mm is very wide, haha. It extends almost out to the edge of the side mirrors.

Originally posted by steve d View Post
      that is so hot wow!
      Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Oh yezzz!

Looks great Pete, looking forward to hear how these items change the handling of the car!
      Thanks Shak! I'm looking forward to it too!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      Looking real good Pete!
      Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
      Your car makes baby jesus say "wow I want a Honda like that"
      Haha thanks Napo.
      Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 15-07-14, 10:25 PM.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Far out that's wide.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Comment

Hahahaha! Le Voltex Wing? What the hell is that?!

Comment

Thanks for that man!
              1700 looks good and will be very functional but I may go the 1600 type 2 just so it's that little bit less wide and meets the top of the guards

Comment

Random Maintenance check and FSB install. 19/07/2014, 118500km.

1. Installed the Whiteline FSB, which wasn’t as straight forward as it should’ve been (same goes with many DIY’s). D brackets and bushes weren’t easy to bolt in as the bushes seemed too large for the bar, but managed it after half an hour of rage, no big deal.

2. Checked all sub frame bolts to see if they were loose. S2000 sub frame bolts are known to get loose over time, thought I’d check it out while I was under the car. All good.

3. Checked all suspension components, especially the upper A-arm which is known to break off the chassis when under a lot of pressure. All good. Seeing as this car will see the track often, I may get around to getting a welder to weld the upper A-arm brackets for extra reinforcement. Spoon also sells a part to negate this problem with their Gusset plate. It is expensive and unnecessary when you can just get it welded instead.

4. Tyres were rotated today. Has been used for 3500km, fair bit of track work still good for many more to come.

** Things that need attention - front drivers side tie rod boot needs replacing. **

That concludes the boring check up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Setup:
                - 17x9+45 RPF1 with non staggered 255/40 Nitto NT-05.
                - Tein Monoflex coilovers
                - K&n short ram intake.
                - Voltex 1700mm type 2 wing
                - Whiteline 32mm FSB.

Misc:
                - 330mm Personal Grinta steering wheel with HKB boss kit.
                - GC lock from the retired track day warrior.

Brakes
                -stock brakes
                - Project MU HC+ brake pads. (replaced at 115km)
                - Cusco master cylinder brake stopper.
                - 2nd hand super fighter acre rear bracke pads (replaced at 116km).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampered Motorsport track day. 20/07/2014 - Random unplanned track day.
                Wasn’t really planning to go to this track day at all, but after installing the FSB I got really keen for one so I just went for it the next morning, haha. And I’m really glad I went for it.

New modifications for the day was the 32mm Whiteline FSB and 1700mm Voltex Wing.
                Small review on the new mods – Totally transformed the car. Made the car a lot more stable in the corners, the wing helped a lot in the high speed corners and the FSB helped big time on cornering in general. It really brought out the most of the 255 non staggered setup. I’m extremely happy with how the car handles. It gave me confidence to push the car a lot harder. Was able to brake later, turn in later and accelerate earlier. It’s extremely fun and predictable to drive. The car managed a blistering 50 laps. The wing allowed me to push through the sweeper (turn 5) and S bend (turn 1) a lot harder.

Got a new PB of 1:43.06 (according to natsoft). Racechrono showed me a PB of 1:42.9. (old PB 1:43.4). Despite getting a small PB like this I was over the moon with how the car handled it self out there and how consistent the lap times were.

What shocked me though was when I checked my Racechrono data. This is the first track day that I have ever used Racechrono and I really wished I had used it a long time ago.
                Racechrono showed that my optimum lap was a 1:41.01!! I was ecstatic to see this. If I manage to link up all my good sectors up one day, a 1:41 or even a high 1:40 is not far fetched in it’s current setup.
                I’m going to try leave the car as it is performance wise and focus on maintenance, focus on going to more track days to improve myself as a driver and to chase that elusive 1:41-1:40’ish. Once that happens only then I will get some power modifications and try get into 39’s on street tyres, I’m getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of myself here but I’m really excited on what I can possibly do with the s2000. Getting into the 30’s is a long term goal for myself and if I can do this on street tyres I will be over the moon.

Awesome track day was had and can’t wait for the next one!

Notes for future reference.

- Stock s2000 leather seats are terrible for the track, it may be a good time to invest in a bucket seat to hold me in the corners, in addition will lighten the car a tiny bit.

- stop hitting the curbs at the S bend so much this isn’t an EK1.

- front end of the car is too low, as at the boobs (turn 8-9) the suspension maxes out its travel on compression as the inner of the front tyre hits the chassis a bit. Raising it up may improve cornering and avoid that problem hopefully. Also gives me a bit more clearance if I were to ever run off the track, it may save the front lip (touch wood), haha. Good chance to slightly change alignment when this is rectified. Another way to negate this is upping the spring rates also but I can’t be bothered doing that nor want to spend the money.

- 28psi cold, around 32psi hot is awesome. Damper settings remain the same with full stiff at the front and 8/16 clicks at the rear.

- Most importantly, try to hold off further performance mods until goals are achieved.

Winton Layout

End of an epic day.

Voltex wing blade at it’s most aggressive setting for maximum down force.
                Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 23-07-14, 10:08 AM. Reason: Miss spelt the word 'brake', rookie mistake.

Comment

Well done on the PB! Racechrono is great for motivating you to drive better .

Comment

Excellent work man!
                    Im at the same stage and just wanting to practice more as opposed to adding more mods

Comment

Congrats on the PB!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Well done on the PB Peter! Out of curiosity, and possibly a silly question, but does the FSB greatly help initial turn in on a RWD as it would in a FWD?

Also, sent you a message on Whatsapp re O2 sensor but it doesn't seem to be going through. I might text ya sometime soon.

Comment

Nice write up. Congrats on the new PB, great to hear the FSB and rear wing improved the balance of the car.
                          Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Comment

Nice work on the PB Peter! Wing looks great btw!

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Well done on the PB! Racechrono is great for motivating you to drive better .
                              Thanks ChargeR! Thanks for recommending me this app last track day too!

Excellent work man!
                              Im at the same stage and just wanting to practice more as opposed to adding more mods
                              Cheers man! Awesome, good luck and have fun out there, looks like you're having a blast in the S2000.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Congrats on the PB!
                              Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                              Well done on the PB Peter! Out of curiosity, and possibly a silly question, but does the FSB greatly help initial turn in on a RWD as it would in a FWD?

Also, sent you a message on Whatsapp re O2 sensor but it doesn't seem to be going through. I might text ya sometime soon.
                              Thanks man! It depends on the car you're talking about I believe as some FWD likes a thicker FSB at front such as a EK/EG/EF, however for your application, the DC5. It probably won't help that much, if not make things worse as it may induce too much under steer. Also depends what your driving style is, so many variables to think of. But don't take it from me, I still have much to learn on setting up my car.

Let me know when you want the O2 sensor, I'll be holding it for you.

Originally posted by itsu-san View Post
                              Nice write up. Congrats on the new PB, great to hear the FSB and rear wing improved the balance of the car.
                              Cheers mate, I sure hope the Wing would, considering how much these things retail for, haha.

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                              Nice work on the PB Peter! Wing looks great btw!
                              Cheers Ryan!

Comment

Going up and smashing it solo! Beast mode Pete!

Comment

Working...
                                X