No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fck yeah this car is coming along so good! So jealous! Keen to know if you get a better feel from the brake stopper, heard mix reviews about them!

Sic Coilovers keen to hear how you go next track day esp with the wang!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Oh hey Ben Johnson!
      Hahaha shhh!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
      Nice updates mate. Looking forward to how the car does at the track with these upgrades. With the exhaust did you feel like there was a performance gain at all? And how bearable is the exhaust for daily driving?
      Thanks man so am I
      In terms of performance Id say there's none even with the de cat etc. I'm sure once I get the car tuned the exhaust would add a few hp though

Daily driving ummm I hit vtec he over morning leaving work and set of three car alarms and I've limited shifting to 2.5k as once it hits 3k it just gets stupid loud haha
      Lucky I don't drive it much

Comment

Originally posted by kcl69 View Post
        Yeah talking to both shops about parts while I'm down! Staying at Mantra Parramanta so it's like 20 minutes away from them which is sic!!
        Nice man parramatta is about 15 mins from me. I'm in greystanes so pretty much >5min drive to smsp

Fck yeah this car is coming along so good! So jealous! Keen to know if you get a better feel from the brake stopper, heard mix reviews about them!

Sic Coilovers keen to hear how you go next track day esp with the wang!
        Was hoping to have a track day next week to test out the parts but looks unlikely at this stage. I'll attend one next month for sure
        Oh for sure man. I like testing and finding out if things actually work too
        Need to test coils, wing and brake stopper. Will definitely keep things up to date

Comment

Got accepted to exe-crew day at wakefield on the 3rd November. Gives me a week to sort out a few little things on the car.
          Using this track day to
          1. Better my PB and hopefully creep into the low 1.12s
          2. Test out and compare my new coils to the stock suspension, test the benefits of the bmc stopper and of course test out my wang

I predict that my oem pads will finally call it quits at this track day so we will see how that goes too

Comment

okay so this past week has been track day prep

i had a few little issues i had to attend to before the day.
            first of all after getting my valve cover painted i put it back on with the old gasket and it developed a slight leak in the back corner. any sort of fluid leak is a big no no at track days so i purchased a new OEM honda f20c gasket kit and good as new with no leak now

went round to my mums work (where some of my larger parts are kept) and grabbed my spare boot and wing and installed them on the car. ill be testing top see how much difference the wing makes to rear end handling this track day. hoping itll help me keep higher speeds through sections.

got my orange tpms (early xmas present from my girlfriend) installed.
            you can see in the pics that ive modified my centre console by removing the headlight washer button section and painting the gearknob surround silver to match the other silver highlights in the interior.

did the usual oil/oil filter change, coolant check, brake fluid/pad check and just a general check over of all the important bolts on suspension components and whatnot.

lastly i messed around with the ride height and raised the rear about 10mm to give the car more rake.
            once it was all right i took it around for a wheel alignment.

car now looks like this.

finally got a new go pro hero 3+ as well so now ill be able to record my track days! yay! did a bit of playing around to find the best position to film from and quality wise.
            now that all that is done time to go racing on monday
            Last edited by Toddxxx; 11-11-15, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Nice prep. That wing should make quite a bit of difference.
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Nice prep. That wing should make quite a bit of difference.
                Thanks felix. We will have to wait and see. Not many high speed corners at wakefield but should help keep the rear more stable

Comment

Third and final track day for the year done and dusted. Again it was at wakefield and this particular track day was run by EXE-Crew from melbourne. It was a very well run day with a relaxed vibe so full credit to those guys and girls. Got to race with a few friends so that always results in a fun day

Going into the trackday expectations were high. My previous pb was a 1.13.8 but since then I had got an exhaust/test pipe (weight reduction too), coilovers and of course the voltex wing. It was safe to say that I wanted to get into the 12s.
                  My OEM brakes were just hanging onto life though so I knew this was going to restrict me a little.

The drive down to wakefield provided me with my first issue of the day. Each time I would cruise around the 120km/h mark I'd get a vibration. If I went above 125km/h it would disappear. if I dropped down to 115km/h it would disappear. If I accelerated through the 120km/h bracket it would be non existent but as soon as I sat in that bracket the vibration would come in and out in waves.
                  Solution until I got to the track...don't speed

Upon arriving at the track I removed and refitted all four wheels hoping maybe they just weren't seated properly when I got my alignment and pressure sensors fitted during the week.

SESSION 1
                  Headed out for my first session and just cruised around trying to figure out what the issue was. Nothing. No matter how i drove the car it felt fine. Maybe it was the rims? maybe it was my rotor issue i suffered later on in the day?
                  Even though I wasn't pushing this session I still put down a 1.14.0 so I knew the day was going to be good regardless.

SESSION 2
                  I removed the wing to test the coils by themselves. This session was horrible. I was Sliding everywhere, the car felt like rubbish. I just couldn't link it together and get a clean lap. Despite this though I got a PB in this session with a 1.13.6. Nothing crazy but I was still going faster despite everything going wrong.

SESSION 3
                  I went back out without the wing again but had changed tyre pressures a bit and finally the car started to feel a little better. Still sliding everywhere and not getting smooth runs I again got a PB in this session with a 1.13.5.

SESSION 4
                  I said screw it and I put the wing on and again adjusted tyre pressures. (Having the tyre pressure system is great! Monitoring pressures and temps on the go really helped make quick adjustments which greatly benefited the car and times). I was speaking to my friends renel and david before the session and expressed my thoughts on not pushing the car as i was worried about the brakes which i knew were nearing their life expectancy. I basically decided at this stage that i would push the car hard this session and hope for the best.
                  The lap times started falling
                  1:13.5
                  1:13.4
                  1:13.2
                  1:13.0
                  then BOOM!
                  1:11.9

I couldn't believe it! The cars balance finally felt good and the brakes were holding up fine (to my surprise). Still i knew there was more in the car.

SESSION 5
                  Left tyre pressures the same as last session but adjusted the angle of the rear wing down one step.
                  Headed out with the same mentality as last session and pushed the car hard again. Again i watched lap times drop.
                  1:13.2
                  1:12.0
                  1:13.0 (messed up a few corners)
                  1:11.5
                  session cut short after this by a red flag

Upon slowing down from the last lap my whole car was shaking and vibrating. coming back in the pits the drivers side rotor had 2 slight cracks in it and due to the shaking its safe to assume the rotors are warped. Front pads are also down to right on the metal.

SESSION 6
                  no changes made and just took a friend out for a passenger lap. Little to no brakes and tyres didnt want to work with me so just went around and got constant 1.14s/1.13s.
                  i left after this session as i was happy with my times and had work that night.

All in all was a great day! Got home in one piece and nothing broke (minus brakes)
                  Pros
                  -New PB
                  -coils were great
                  -wing definitely helps with the rear end and holding it down.
                  -tpms is super helpful and a great investment
                  -still more adjustability in the wing

Cons
                  -brakes dead/holding me up
                  -limited grip of stock wheel sizes even with the rs3
                  -running out of gear on the back straight so having to let off earlier than id like
                  -slow down the straight (final drive)
                  -go pro overexposed the windscreen so video is pretty shitty

video below of my PB lap (lap number 2 on the video)

Comment

Nice work with the PB Todd especially that you're still running the stock tyre sizes still. I actually liked the gearing of the 4.1 final drive at Wakefield though.
                    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                      Nice work with the PB Todd especially that you're still running the stock tyre sizes still. I actually liked the gearing of the 4.1 final drive at Wakefield though.
                      Thanks man. Tyre size and oem brakes are the main thing holding me back at the moment.
                      I like the 4.1 too. Actually really well suited to wakefield. Only downside like I siad is im running out of gear on the back straight and lacking power/acceleration down the straight.
                      Riding in bens car with the 4.4 it appears 4.4 FD is not that suited for wakefield as he was having to shift at corners and having trouble deciding what gear to take.
                      4.77 might be a better option for wakefield

Comment

Yeeeoow that's sic man congrats on 11s time for 9s by March How did the brake stopper go?

Comment

Yeeeoow that's sic man congrats on 11s time for 9s by March How did the brake stopper go?
                          haha lets not get ahead of ourselves. there wont be any 9s until i upgrade tyres/rims + a few other things. goal is to do brakes then aim for 10s which should be achievable. i wont be upgrading again until (performance wise) until 1.10 happens on the stock tyre size. thats my new goal

tbh brakes felt shitty all day being pretty worn down to begin with so i didnt really notice that much with the brake stopper. that being said the car still braked the same all day until the rotors were warped. ill have to wait till i upgrade the brakes and test it again

Comment

iphone pic from the exe track day

+i just bought new rims last night. will be fitting and doing guard work to show off at jdmyard eoym

+was also informed my voltex front bar has finally been made and is ready to be shipped to aus next week
                            Last edited by Toddxxx; 11-11-15, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Inb4magbluece28s!!

Comment

Love the Voltex front bar!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X