No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for another update on the car. I just got back from an overseas trip so not much has been happening on the car in the past couple of weeks. I've just accumulated a lot of parts to go under my bed to be installed at some point in time haha

Before the track day a few weeks ago I got over my interior and decided it needed an update. Id always hated the red components of the interior and having already swapped out my red seats for black ones a few months earlier the rest of it was bound to go at some stage. I picked up some black carpet very cheap and got a set of black floor mats made to fit the s2000. I then traded my door cards for a set of all black variants and picked up an oem passenger floor mat for free in the process.

Next up came the swapping over. Pretty straight forward and only took one afternoon. Me being me I removed all 'unnecessary' things during the change ie, carpet padding, sound deadening, heat shielding and firewall mat. Probably another 5kg there

Before

During

After

It's been sitting unfinished since I did the change 3 weeks ago but I bought some black clips to replace missing or broken clips and finish the carpet change. They arrived the day I flew out so I still haven't finished it.

To add to the new interior I purchased an AP2 radio door. Again it arrived the day I flew out so still not installed.

If you remember from the track day post I installed the ultra racing rear brace. I didn't like the white standing out against the underside of the car and for a bit more subtlety I sprayed the brace Matt black. Stops people noticing it if the car is ever looked under.

Before

Todd's backyard spray booth haha

After

It was my birthday last week so I picked up a couple parts there. My sister bought me an invidia 70mm test pipe for later down the track when I get around to buying a bigger exhaust

Also got this done

Still sitting in my room haha

About 2 months ago I picked up an extra boot lid for when I decide to install a gt wing. Doing so means I don't need to drill holes into my existing boot and can just run the wing on track days. The boot came with a oem lip spoiler which sold in seconds (was contemplating installing on my existing boot but nah) so the boot ended up costing me a little over nothing

Good thing I did because I purchased this as a birthday present to myself!

I'd been after this wing for months originally trying to buy off the original owner and the new owner he sold it too. It got sold to third friend and I guess he didn't like it and it was bak up for sale 3 weeks later. I jumped straight on it and it was finally one. Unfortunately it was in Melbourne but big thanks to Alex (styleofhabit) for picking it up for me and storing it at his house for a few days, Josh from sleeping performance for bringing the wing up to Sydney with him and Vinnie for organising the transport while I was overseas.

Again it's sitting under my bed not installed but full details on it once I've got around to installing it which won't be for a week or so at least as I'm off to the snow for a week tomorrow.

Extra pic of the wing next to Alex hahaha

Peace!
    Last edited by Toddxxx; 08-11-15, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Nice wing, what size is it? Also I'm in the market for a bucket seat, just wondering how do you rate that Bride seat for yourself in the s2000? Can you still use the middle console?
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

All these parts everywhere not in the car lol

Interior looks clean!
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

I wish I never removed the carpet padding in my car. Is your exhaust louder without it?

Comment

HAHA Photos of alex's confused face will never get old :P
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              Nice wing, what size is it? Also I'm in the market for a bucket seat, just wondering how do you rate that Bride seat for yourself in the s2000? Can you still use the middle console?
              1500mm type 1 with 275mm stands. It's bens old wing.
              The bride is very good! Mine is the type L so wider than normal and is very comfortable for me being a size 32 waist. As I only have one bucket I can still use the centre console. If I was to run 2 bough I would lose it.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              All these parts everywhere not in the car lol

Interior looks clean!
              Haha I know! I've been busy holidaying :P when I get back I'll start installing them.

Thankyou. I like the all black much better

Originally posted by butter View Post
              I wish I never removed the carpet padding in my car. Is your exhaust louder without it?
              Umm not that I've noticed. I'm still running stock exhaust. Coming from a completely striped and mental loud civic to the s2k the s2k is quiet as haha

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
              HAHA Photos of alex's confused face will never get old :P
              Haha he sent me the pic and was like holy shit it's huge :P

Comment

Since being back from holidays I've had a little bit of spare time to tinker on the car and get some parts out from under my bed and onto the car.

I Installed the new carpet clips and got all that sorted so now the carpet sits neatly inside the cabin. At the same time I swapped over the new ap2 radio door. Nice addition to the now all black interior.

The guys at jdmyard hooked me up with a set of their new reservoir socks. These replaced my dirty and stretched spoon items I had from my old car.

With the valve cover now painted it was time to reinstall that. A new oem gasket was fitted In the process as well. The new valve cover looks amazing amongst the sea of carbon and other js racing products. Freshens up the bay a lot!

Only a few more items to be added and the engine bay on the car will pretty much be finished.

I picked up a spare set of oem rotors as well as a back up as s2k rotors are known to crack in race conditions. Just a precautionary measure so my track days don't come to an early end.

Last up was to take the car out from under the carport and give it a nice wash. It hasnt been driven since the trackday in july so it was filthy. No pictures but its all nice and clean again
                Last edited by Toddxxx; 08-11-15, 07:27 AM.

Comment

These finally showed up today. time to get around to installing the wing
                  \
                  Last edited by Toddxxx; 08-11-15, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

With my wing stands now here I wasted no time in getting around to installing the wing. The set up is as follows
                      Voltex type 1 1500mm wing
                      245mm brackets
                      Standard bases

Out came the spare bootlid. I measured and marked and played around with a few different mounting positions before settling on the current location. I was a bit worried looking at the stands and felt they were a bit small but once mounted and on the car I'm happy with the end result. I may opt to buy larger 275mm brackets in the future though.

It all came together really easily and took about 1 hour to measure, mark, re measure, re mark, re measure, re mark, drill and bolt it all together and get to back on the car.

And here is the end result

shitty photos but shitty weather atm so bad lighting for iphones :P
                      will take some better ones when the weather is a little better
                      Last edited by Toddxxx; 08-11-15, 07:58 AM.

Comment

That is... The sexiest thing... I have ever seen... Would rock with the top down / 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                          That is... The sexiest thing... I have ever seen... Would rock with the top down / 10.
                          Haha thanks man. It's too plain atm. It'll look good once coils, wheels, hardtop and bodywork is done. Then I'll be happy :P

Comment

Looks crazy man! Car looks so good! Saw you have some sexy titanium parts to go on next

Comment

Nice wang!

Comment

Originally posted by kcl69 View Post
                                Looks crazy man! Car looks so good! Saw you have some sexy titanium parts to go on next
                                Thanks man. It's slowly getting there.
                                Yep! Should be here next week

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                Nice wang!
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X