X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Enjoy car life!

Thanks for sharing parts of your trip
    not a problem. i honestly didnt think many people would be that interested tbh
    eventually ill get round to doing the whole trip but for now ill try and get my visit to spoon/type one up tonight or tomorrow

Comment

so the next installment is here
      after leaving osaka we headed across to tokyo for the last part of our trip
      any honda fan knows of the spoon/type one brand and their garage in japan. after seeing it countless times posted on the internet and the spoon demo/race cars that adorn the insides i had to get over there and see it first hand.
      i was staying in shinjuku in tokyo and to get to the closest train stop to the type one garage (ogikubo) its only a 20 min train ride so its nice and close. from there its about a 5 min walk to spoon headquarters and a further 10mins to get to the type one garage. theyre on the same road so theyre nice and easy to find.

standing outside spoon headquarters.
      while youre unable to do anything at spoon (its just an office where they process orders etc) its still cool to finally see the place

onto type one garage. this is where all the pictures you see are taken. it serves as a garage where customers can get their cars serviced and as a holding place for spoons demo and track cars.

standing outside type one garage

when we arrived they had their demo eg6 outside getting washed. was really cool to see considering i owned a eg civic with a host of spoon parts on it previously

their engine and transmission building room which has a window facing the road/footpath. you can literally just walk past and view engines being built. i could stand there for hours haha

upstairs was really cool and they had an assortment of demo cars around. the place is spotless. literally not one drop of oil or smear of grease anywhere!
      the place is perfect

spoon nsx

s2k up on the hanger. would have been amazing to see this on the ground and look at it closely

an assortment of previous demo bumpers on the wall

cool b18c motor on display too with various valve covers

while it was really cool to finally get to spoon/type one after being a fan boy for so long. i have to say i was a little disappointed with it (not to say it wasnt still amazing) but after the countless photos seen online i think i just built the place up in my head.
      again i stress the place was still amazing!

Comment

Did you ask if you could walk upstairs to have a look at the s2k I remembered I did they said it was ok just becareful.
        ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Did you ask if you could walk upstairs to have a look at the s2k I remembered I did they said it was ok just becareful.
          Yeah I asked too and went up and had a quick look but it's hard to get a good look in with it being so confined up there. Do get a good look underneath though

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
            Yeah I asked too and went up and had a quick look but it's hard to get a good look in with it being so confined up there. Do get a good look underneath though
            true it was bit tight upstairs last time I went.
            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

okay so i thought id actually do a car update in between the japan updates as quite a bit has been done to the car since getting back

while i was away in japan i decided it would be the perfect time to fix up a blemish i had on the rear bar. the previous owner had reversed into something lightly and had slightly pushed/creased the paint on the drivers side rear corner. took the car to my friend benji (owns the cream eg/just dip it hydrographics company). he had the car for a few days and worked his magic. looks perfect again. forgot to take a before pic but tbh it was barely noticable but it annoyed the shit out of me. people dont really like respraying silverstone as its such a hard colour to match but he got it almost perfectly.

also got some things hydrodipped while he had the car. matches in with the intake etc now

fuse boxes and fuel rail cover

now if you have been paying attention to the build you will have noticed a few new parts in that last photo. i was able to sell the neochrome coil cover as i had come across the part i had always wanted for the car but its been discontinued for a few years now and pretty rare to find
              yep im talking about the dry carbon mugen coil cover
              again it compliments the intake, cooling plate and newly carbon dipped parts. also added are the mugen dress up bolts added to the valve cover (and other places throughout the engine bay) and js racing oil cap.

over in japan i bought the js racing oil filter stopper and heat shield. the stock heat shield is big and bulky and black. the silver of the js racing unit blends in better with the factory silver and has a hole for a torque dampener if i chose to run one in the future.

also installed the oil filter stopper. the f20c/f22c are both known for excessive vibrations especially when in high revs thus a common problem involves the oil filter coming lose. this kit is basically a hose clamp and bracket that gets bolted to the block. quick, cheap insurance basically. a hose clamp around the oil filter is always a good idea as cheaper filters tend to buldge a lot as the oil heats up causing a loss in oil pressure. again simple cheap insurance for your motor

put my js racing plaque on my cooling plate as well

not the best picture but how the engine bay looks now

moving onto the interior of the car
              added the head cushion and seatbelt protector pads the the bride and reinstalled it in the car

while in japan i bought a works bell quick release and boss kit. i was planning on buying a js racing steering wheel but 1 day before visiting js racing the steering wheel i wanted popped up for sale in melbourne. the guy agreed to hold it until i got back so i could pay him then, it was like fate! again this part is now discontinued and hard to come across let alone in this condition!
              again its another mugen part. a mugen 3 steering wheel to be precise

parts ready to be installed

quick release hub and boss kit

steering wheel attached

i have a second OMP steering wheel too and im just going to use that to daily the car so i dont wear out the suede on the mugen wheel etc

next up i stocked up on some oem items
              mtf 06 gearbox oil and hamp oil filters for future services. going to purchase a few engine oils as well. probably go nulon

also bought some hardrace driveshaft spacers for when i get coils and go lower

my new plates finally arrived. got silver on black premium edition. matches the car colour and super stoked on the end result.
              keeping with my theme of engine numberplates (EGB-164) i got XF-20-CX this time

the exterior also go a touch up. i finally got around to installing my carbon fiber side diffusers. fairly straight forward. drilled some holes through the side diffusers, then measured and matched holes onto the body and drilled holes into the under side of the body then just tek screwed them on. thought theyd look funny and out of place on stock body and stock height but they look good

so thats the loooooooooong update. soz for so much but i hadnt updated in a while. currently have 2 parts in transit from japan and theyll be here before my two tracks days booked for may 6th and june 24th. fun fun fun
              Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:12 PM.

Comment

im a part of aus s2k and attended the monthly cruise on sunday and it was a very good good turnout. good guys, good cars and good vibes.
                we got rained on/even hailed for a bit (only small) halfway through the day and quite a few people bailed but those who stuck around and waited it out met up again at this lookout near bilpin in the blue mountains and had chats and took some pictures etc

Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:17 PM.

Comment

soo gooood!!
                  Project TOPLESS

Comment

whoa great update!

quality mods.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Awesome!!!
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

gawwwdaaamn so cleeean!

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
                          soo gooood!!
                          Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          whoa great update!

quality mods.
                          Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          Awesome!!!
                          Originally posted by Sirteggy View Post
                          gawwwdaaamn so cleeean!
                          Thanks guys

Comment

2 parts currently on their way from Japan

Comment

hows the steering wheel feel does it still alot forward and do your fingers reach the indicators/stalks ?

Comment

Dat baller steering wheel!

Comment

Working...
                                X