• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamtonee View Post
    smooth driving Todd!
    Thanks tony!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    what were ur temps like todd on the day, as on much cooler conditions ur temps seem to be alot lower than the rest of us!
    Oil temp got to 123 at one stage but that was it. That was on a 5th hot lap in a row on the last session (lap after the PB lap above) water temp again stayed at 84-85 like usual.

Comment

Welcome back in 2016 guys.

Not much has happened since the end of last year. The car got parked in my garage and i went overseas for a month and it didnt move for a while.
      When i got back i decided i better get a couple of jobs done so i booked the car in to get the new tyres put on.

255 goodness

Comparison of 245 to 255
      That extra width should help!

Afterwards i got an alignment and discovered that my front camber is maxed out at -2.3 degrees so RCA/camber plates will be ordered at some stage in the future to get a bit more adjustment there.

I organised a group buy with Spoon Sports a few months ago. Product finally turned up while i was away.
      Here's my goodies from the buy.

1x rigid collar kit (yet to install)
      1x blue tint rear view mirror

Got right to installing the mirror. Finally happy that my rear view mirror matches my blue tint side mirrors (OCD haha)
      You can also see that the spoon mirror gives a wider angle of vision which is also nice.

I also picked up a bunch of OEM parts over the past couple months. Some are on the car already. Some are sitting in my room and others have been stored away for later.

1x JDM rear license plate bracket (for use with my jdm rear bar) (yet to install)
      1x AP2 banjo bolts set (2 hole design to replace 1 hole AP1 design) (yet to install)
      1x USDM center console coin pouch (replace headlight washer switch and blank space)
      1x set of fender liners (put aside to replace current ones which are cut up from brake ducts/destroyed from wider tyres)
      1x radiator duct (replace current one which was cut up for brake ducts when i was running AP1 front bar)
      4x HAMP oil filters

I just did SMSP on Monday and have Wakefield in two weeks so track days in 2016 have already started and there will be updates coming on those days soon

Comment

22/02/16 FORMULA COMPANY SMSP TRACK DAY

First track day back in 2016!
        Booked this day at smsp last month and stupidly forgot to check whether it was GP or Brabham configuration as I was too excited to test out the new tyres and set PBs. Granted the night before I received an email stating the circuit configuration was Brabham and my spirits dropped

This would be my first time doing the Brabham configuration and I was really looking forward to comparing the new tyres on the familiar GP circuit. Can't waste a track day though so I prepped and made my way down to smsp on Monday afternoon.
        Again I was in the advanced group and it was great to see that a few other s2000s out there racing.

SESSION 1

I set my tyre pressures and headed out just to test the car and learn the extended Brabham section of the track.
        This session was very heavy with traffic so my fastest time was around the 2:25 mark. I knew I could drop a lot of time from this.

SESSION 2

I dropped the tyre pressures a little more after the first session. It was a hot day so they had risen a little higher than I expected. Now with the right tyre pressures I was able to push a little harder and go a bit faster. Still learning the best lines through the south section of the track and dealing with traffic I was able to drop my time only a little down to a 2:23.
        I did feel better after this session though and I knew all I needed was a clean track!
        The south circuit section which is added on for the Branham configuration is basically all low speed corners and vary narrow making it hard to pass. If you encounter traffic here you're basically stuck until you get back on the GP circuit.

SESSION 3

More traffic this session but I did get a few clean laps in before running back into traffic. A car spun in front of me and I had to do a bit of off roading to avoid him and in the process my rear numberplate fell off the car (had been double sided taped on til this point)
        My numberplate wasn't the only thing that fell this session as my times dropped down into the 2:21s.

SESSION 4

A better session with less traffic and some cleaner laps. Times again dropped down into the 2:20s and I even recorded a 2:19.94. Was pretty stoked on this but I knew there was still more in the car.

SESSION 5

This would end up being my last session as I sat out the last one and packed up and left to make it to work on time that night.
        This was my favourite/best session of the day. The first 3 cars to head out onto track was myself, another s2000 and a mx-5.
        We got into things and it ended up being a really good drive following the cars and overtaking each other etc. We all pushed each other and ended up with similar times. There was times where the driving wasn't the best or cleanest but we all kept at it and had a blast!
        I pulled off a four 2:20.xx and two 2:19.xx lap times in this mini battle with a PB lap of 2:19.14.
        Both the s2000 and the mx-5 were running semis and the s2000 was also tuned (not sure about the mx-5) so it was good to be behind them for a bit to see where our cars differed due to this. One thing that was really evident was the s2000s corner exit speed and acceleration. I could really notice the mid range power it had over me with the tune as it would pull away from me in certain sections of the track every single time. I can't wait to get my car tuned now

Overall the day was fun and although a bit bummed I didn't get to do GP circuit I'm glad I did Brabham at least once and know what it's like now. Next SMSP day ill make sure it's GP though so I can see how the 255s compare to my 245 times. Looking back at the data from the day and my previous time at SMSP it shows that up until turn 6 (where you exit the GP circuit onto the south circuit) I was constantly 1.5 to 2 secs faster this track day compared to the last. On one lap I was 2.4 secs faster. This just makes me wish I had've done GP even more as I really want to know what my times could've been! Oh well. Always next time!

PROS:
        -new experience on Brabham configuration
        -constantly lowered lap times as I got more familiar with the track
        -new tyres are 100x grippier than old 245s
        -fun day with a great battle in the final session
        -in garage with an Audi Rs4 avant (would love one of these cars!)

CONS:
        -really wanted to do GP configuration
        -mx-5 beat me :P (he was on semis though)
        -numberplate fell off and is all mangled and damaged now from sitting track side

Here is a video of that last session. PB lap is in there somewhere.

Ps. Wakefield this weekend!

Comment

Here are a few bonus track pics from EXE crew day at Wakefield from back in November. Currently looking through the videos and data from Wakefield on Sunday so there will be updates soon.

Comment

Looks so good on the track.
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

need nudes
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

13/03/16 TRACK DAY CLUB WAKEFIELD TRACK DAY

Back at Wakefield for the first time this year.
                After swapping out the old tyres for new ones and seeing how much my grip had improved at SMSP a week earlier I was very excited to get out and see what sort of time I could do at Wakefield now.

The weather was looking miserable on the way down and it even started to pour down 5 minutes out from Goulburn. Upon arriving at the track though you wouldn't have even been able to tell it was raining 10 minutes up the road. The track was dry and the sky was cloudy but there was patches of blue visible.

SESSION 1

I had a run in with a HWP on the way down but was luckily let off with a warning but this made me a little late and i turned up just as the drivers briefing was starting. This left me with no time to unpack the car or set anything up before my first session started (i was in group A so up straight away). I quickly threw everything out of the car and went out this first session without touching tyre pressures or anything. I was going to take it easy and just cruise around but i got out there and decided to just try anyway. Got a couple of hot laps in and showed a 1:10.98 on my lap timer. Not bad considering once i got back in my tyre pressures were 36psi hot lol

SESSION 2

Dropped the tyre pressures to 30psi after the first session and went back out for my first official timed session. Car felt good and the tyres definitely helped give extra grip. Psi drop helped and i steered the car to a new PB of 1:10.09. Was happy with this time but i really wanted that 1:09!!!

SESSION 3

Same settings as last session. Just went out with the goal to brake later and accelerate more. This made my driving a bit more erratic than it usually is and not as consistent but i was picking up time in other parts of the track now. It worked as my lap timer showed a new PB of 1:09.95. Unfortunately this was an untimed passenger session so no official natsoft time for this lap but im still taking it!
                During this session i was suffering from a lot of mid corner understeer. I put this down to going in too hot and carrying more speed as usual but after returning to the pits and checking my tyre pressures i was at 32 f/30 r :S For some reason the front psi rose a lot in the session but the rear stayed normal. It might've been due to my driving style this session but i lowered the fronts and for my last two sessions the understeer issue never came back so i think that explains it.

SESSION 4

Fixed the tyre pressures from the last session and no more understeer but we were now in the middle of the day and it was quite hot and muggy and only managed 1:10s in this session.

SESSION 5

Similar to session 4. Constant 1:10s with ease but still couldn't nudge back into the 1:09s. I got another 1:10.0 this session though. After this session i packed up and left and missed out on my last session. Keen to head back in May and push to get lower into the 1:09s

PROS:
                - New PB
                - Finally into the 1:09s!
                - New tyres felt good
                - Consistently in the 10s on hot laps
                - Let off for speeding by HWP :P

CONS:
                - Understeer issue on PB lap hindering times
                - Want more front camber for cornering

PB lap below
                Still waiting on pics from track day club

Comment

Well done on the PB and nice write up!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Well done on the PB and nice write up!
                    Thanks Felix

Comment

Pictures from the track day club track day 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Toddxxx; 30-03-16, 08:58 PM.

Comment

After much deliberation I've decided that I'm going to put the car up for sale. Saving for a house at the moment so this will add a huge chunk to the deposit. Will take pictures and whatnot over the weekend and put an ad up then. Anyone interested at this stage PM me.

Will be looking to sell car as is for now with all spares and OEM items etc.
                        If it doesn't sell I'll start parting out

Comment

April fools?
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                            April fools?
                            Fuck that's right! Haha
                            Forgot about that

Nah not April fools. Selling for house and to afford more holidays man

Comment

No posts for a while so here's an update.
                              Car was parked after my last trackday and not touched again.
                              Got the hose and and hosed it down on Friday and went to take it for a drive.
                              Battery was dead (expected), jump started the car and drove around for 20 or so mins. Pulled into the servo to get air and fuel and car wouldn't turn back on. Jump started it again and drove home then it died in the driveway. Pushed it away and left it.
                              Battery shows 14.4V when running but 6.2 when off.
                              Bought a trickle charger so I'll use that this weekend and go from there.

Fucking shit box Hondas! :P

Comment

Mind the language please. There are children here...
                                Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X