No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having an issue with my pictures not showing up anymore in the first half of the thread?

Comment

I don't seem to be having any issues with pictures not showing up anymore.

Great work on the PB, not only that you were very consistent. Well done. Once you get some new tyres I'm sure you'll get into the 1:09's.

You really should have recorded your footage even if you were raging it at the car. :P
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
        I don't seem to be having any issues with pictures not showing up anymore.

Great work on the PB, not only that you were very consistent. Well done. Once you get some new tyres I'm sure you'll get into the 1:09's.

You really should have recorded your footage even if you were raging it at the car. :P
        Not this particular post but the first half of my thread. It's across all the forums so I'm guessing it's my photo upload site. I didn't renew my imageshak account and went to photobucket instead -__-
        I'm guessing m going to have to re upload all my pictures to photobucket now ughhh

Here's hoping for 1:09s! I want them early next year as I said I may be moving so I won't get to go to Wakefield any more

Haha I know I should've but I was just too frustrated and didn't bother with it. Last session would've been very good to record as I did those 6 1:11-1:10 laps in a row so it would've made for some good viewing. Oh we'll always next time

Comment

Thank god that is over! As i didnt renew my imageshack account all my photos got deleted so i had to reupload them all on photobucket. All of them are back up now and i look forward to never doing that again!

Comment

So not much has happened with the car over the last month. Literally driven the car once and that was to the clubitr end of year BBQ last weekend.
            Great meet and atmosphere catching up with friends and making some new ones. Even won one of the raffle prizes!
            Got pulled over on the way there along the M2 but got let off after explaining that i had a track day the next day :P

couple of pics from the day thanks to Justin. Good to see so many s2ks came out for the meet

bonus pic from WTAC that i only recently found. Thanks go to Henry for this one.

JDMYARD EOYM this saturday and circuit club trackday at wakefield on sunday to finish off the year so there should be 1/2 more updates this year.

Comment

Last Saturday Jdmyard had their annual end of year meet/sale. I live 5 mins down the road from jdmyard so I attend each year and it's always a good chance to catch up with friends and have a chat etc
              This year I took full advantage of the sales and bought a couple items but more on that later when they hopefully arrive later this week.

This year was particularly refreshing with a lot more quality builds turning up. Myself and lots of others had noticed that the previous two years had seen increasing numbers of slammed suspension, rota wheels and stance. It's good to see a revitalization of sorts of the Honda scene in Sydney that will hopefully see a bunch of new high quality builds start appearing.

Anyway here's some pics of the car from the day thanks to jon

Comment

Looking fast! Love the little peep of the brake ducts

Comment

So much pretty S2k's on photos

Comment

To Todd
                    Merry Christmas
                    From Todd

As stated in the post above i took advantage of the end of year sales at jdmyard last week. My parts arrived during the week so i went on down to pick them up over the weekend.

Basically these will be my plans for 2016.
                    The 255s will go on and replace my worn out 245s in the new year and then ill hit the track again and continue where i left off this year. The new rubber will definitely get me to my current goal of 1:09s at wakefield and will hopefully push me under 1:50s at SMSP. Around the middle of the year once im happy with the car and the current tyre set up ill book the car in to get a tune done with the new haltech platinum pro ECU (still unsure who ill get to tune at this stage). This should get me nice power increases in both mid range and peak power. After that itll be back to the track to see how the new power goes

Comment

Also tomorrow marks 2 years with the car

Comment

Very nice. You foresee any fitment issues going 255 up front?

Also you already have the ECU, why not chuck it in and go for glory?

Happy 2nd anniversary with the Honda 2000 too. Haha. My two years with mine is next year Feb! Time really flies.
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                          Very nice. You foresee any fitment issues going 255 up front?

Also you already have the ECU, why not chuck it in and go for glory?

Happy 2nd anniversary with the Honda 2000 too. Haha. My two years with mine is next year Feb! Time really flies.
                          Hmm not really. My guards are pumped/flared a fair bit and I have quite a bit of room with the 245s so I don't think it'll be that bad. Any fitment issues and I'll just massage the guards a bit more haha.

Wait on the ecu is to test the difference between 245 and 255 wide tyres and I know there's so much more time left in the current set up so I don't really want to 'cheat'and do the tune and go faster cause more power etc haha. There's no fun in that is there!
                          I'd love a 1:09 flat before going more power haha

Thanks man! It's been a glorious 2 years and I'm looking forward to many more I really am dedicated to this chassis now!

Comment

06/12/15 CIRCUIT CLUB WAKEFIELD TRACK DAY

After my last track day at Wakefield didn't really go as smoothly as id have liked I decided to head back for one more try at getting sub 1:10s with the cars current set up. After fighting the car all day last time, I was keen to get back out and see what the car could really do.

Between the last track day and this track day I got lazy and didn't get a wheel alignment. The car still felt good and the steering wheel was still pretty straight so I winged it with whatever it was set up to now.
                            My tyres were also more worn than last time so I knew this would once again not give me optimum grip but I was determined to try.

Arriving at the track early I could already tell that it was going to be a super hot day and my weather app showed 30+ degrees from 11am till about 6pm. I knew I had to get straight into it in the first couple of morning sessions to have any shot at beating my PB.
                            The track day had official natsoft timing so I collected my tracker and was placed in group A (race car group) for some reason. This turned out to be a good thing as most of the cars in this group only did 2-3 laps all up a session then left allowing lots more room on track.

SESSION 1

Group A was up straight away at 9am so I made sure I was ready to go out before the briefing. Usually I drop my tyre pressure to about 32PSI and then work it a little lower throughout the day till I find what feels good (usually around the 30-31PSI range) but knowing that time was very limited this particular day I dropped it straight to 28PSI warm and headed out.
                            The first couple of laps I got the tyres up to temp and pushed more and more. At the end of the session I realised I forgot to turn on my go pro and my tracker hadn't recorded a time -___-
                            Phone lap timer showed a 1:10.62 so the day was off to a good start.

SESSION 2

I headed back out for this session without touching the car. It felt good in the first session and I just needed to get into my groove and push a bit harder here and brake a bit later there.
                            I pushed harder this session and the times showed with a best lap of 1:10.3x (NEW PB BY .1). This time was done on a lap where I was sliding or losing grip out of most corners as my tyres were struggling to grab traction.
                            I was considering calling it a day after this session as it was just getting hotter and hotter and the car was sliding more with each lap but I wasn't content with another .1 PB so I decided to go back out for one more session and try and clean up the lap a bit in hopes of going quicker.

SESSION 3

This session was held at about 11:50/12 midday so literally the hottest part of the day. I didn't really like my chances of going faster than the previous session but I really wanted to give it a try.
                            Again no changes made and I headed out and just pushed harder into the corners and tried to carry more speed in some parts. Apparently what I did worked as I came back in with a best lap of 1:10.16. Again this was done on a semi decent lap where grip was a bit hard to come by.
                            This was my last session of the day as it was way too hot.

Overall I'm very happy with this track day. Despite the hot weather and bad tyre condition I still got a PB and went faster meaning my driving is still progressing and getting better and I'm still finding the limits of the car. There's still plenty of time left in its current state so the 255s will be going on and I'll be heading back out to continue getting faster.

Something I did notice during the day that I liked was coming onto the straight and after the fish hook (both times I go back to second gear) there wasn't the usual pause/lag/bog when changing from second to third. The shift was a lot crisper than it usually is and the car got straight back to accelerating. I'll put his down to the heavy duty diff mounts I installed last month not allowing the diff to move around anywhere near as much as it used to during this particular gear shift.

PROS:
                            -new PB even though conditions/set up wasn't ideal
                            -several low 1:10 lap times
                            -pushed harder in certain sections and the car still stopped and cornered with ease
                            -dialed in the tyre pressure and got straight into it
                            -245s are dead so fresh rubber time!
                            -car still hasn't missed a beat in 2 years

CONS:
                            -sliding all over the place throughout the day (this should be a pro as it was fun haha)
                            -super hot day so oil temp got hot quick. Really need to start looking at getting a oil cooler
                            -fixed tpms sensor previously but it's gone again -___-

Few pics from the day

And a video of 3x 1:10.xx laps in a row. Last lap is the PB lap of 1:10.16

Comment

smooth driving Todd!
                              IG: tonytr

Comment

what were ur temps like todd on the day, as on much cooler conditions ur temps seem to be alot lower than the rest of us!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X