No announcement yet.

Steven's Accord Euro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Accord looks fantastic, If I were to ever get something with 4 doors I would definitely go for one

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
      Your Accord looks fantastic, If I were to ever get something with 4 doors I would definitely go for one
      Thanks mate

Comment

Ok guys, Here is what could be the final piece of the puzzle performance wise on my euro. So I've been in the hunt for a gearbox upgrade, and a while back Jimmy from BYP told me he had found out that a local importer called Tyre King was bringing in a full Accord Euro R for wrecking, so he went about purchasing the full engine and gearbox package off them. At first i was worried about purchasing the gearbox as i was unsure of the condition, and the car it was coming out of had just under 100 000kms. But i looked a little more into the donor car i found out it was 100% stock, it still had the stock airbox and also the stock clutch and flywheel still in good condition, so this told me that this car most likely wasn't your typical molested type r import, for final inspection and piece of mind i got Jimmy to open the gearbox up for me to check for any wear on synchro's etc, it was absolutely immaculate to my surprise so the deal was set and the deposit was put on it.

As i was still running the standard clutch and flywheel i decided while I'm changing the box i might as well change the clutch, so i went about finding a dc5r flywheel and i then purchased a Exedy 3 puk racing clutch. Here are some pics, installing will take place in a weeks time.

Comment

Nice, you dont want to to use a lighter flywheel, JDM at least? I think the oem audm dc5r is heavy aroudn 6.7?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

It's an audm flywheel, i found it for $50 so i took it, it's still a lot lighter then the euro one which is between 8-12 kg if i remember correctly

Comment

hmm fair enough wow never kenw the k24 manaul flywheels were that heavy!

I guess the JDM flywheel may be too light then hey. I think jdm is 4.8kg and audm sits around the 6-7kg mark?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Steven's Accord Euro

I think the audm k20 flywheel will be perfect for this setup Alex, take into account the extra torque from the K24 and the different gearbox ratios, I can't see anything lighter adding anything positive
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I ran a Toda flywheel (~4kg) when I had my K20. Other then the ECU, it made the biggest change to the performance of the car. I ran this same flywheel with my K24 and thought it was fine.

The AUDM one is closer to 9kg. You'll find most of the aftermarket flywheels for the K-Series are ~4kg.

Comment

Gearbox Update:

As stated in my last update i was planing on installing my gearbox next weekend, well i couldn't wait and Jimmy from BYP told me he was going to be at the shop so he offered to get help me get the gearbox in today. I had the car in on the hoist by 10am and the mission commenced.

dropped the pain in the ass sub frame

While the subframe was down i thought it would be the perfect time to drop the sump out and install myself a clockwise baffle, this is an awesomely designed baffle...

with that complete, i then decided to upgrade to some hybrid racing shifter bushings, and also MTEC stiffer selector springs

With the old box now out, we went on to install the k20 flywheel and exedy clutch kit

Gearbox in, bushings in, everything going back together smoothly

The install was now complete, we topped up the engine and gearbox oil, got it off the hoist and i took it for a spin. first impressions where, the mtec springs made the shifting feel very direct, feels like there is no way you could miss a gear, the clutch was just right, slightly harder then standard but not to hard, gave great feedback and it grabbed very nicely, shifting from gear to gear felt very smooth, this was one thing i was worried about being a used gearbox from japan, but the condition on the eye then reflected in feel, i was very happy. I then did a full power pull, 1st, 2nd and 3rd 8000 + rpm each gear and it amazed me how much of a difference these ratios have made to the cars sprint speed, it gets up and going extremely quick, 0-100 was quick but it was the 60-150 that really amazed me, finally all the power can be put down properly.

I recommend a gearbox mod to all euro owners, this was really a worth while mod for me, my aim now is to improve my wakefield time by at least 2 seconds, judging by the increased confidence the car has in the corners with the LSD i think it's definitely possible.

Got the car home and gave it a well deserved engine bay and exterior wash

stay tuned

Comment

Nice, once thing I loved about BYP was their ability to squeeze you in on random occasions!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

So it's been a while since i last added a part to my car, but after an early morning facebook session i came across a guy on Honda sales who was selling a brand new Mishimoto 19 row universal oil cooler for a good price so i jumped on it...

Now the whole kit wasent brand new, it turns out he only used the adaptor sandwich plate and during that use he had lost one of the black cooler line fittings, so i now need to source a fitting out or find another sandwich plate but thats not a problem. The full install wasn't going to happen today but i thought i might as well do the difficult bit, so i proceeded to fit the core and feed the lines through the engine bay towards to oil filter housing...

First a zip-tie mock up, then i custom made some brackets to secure the core. I don't have any pics of where i fed the lines through, but i can tell you it was a pain lol, i was going to mount the cooler on the right side then feed the lines over the gearbox but i soon found out that i had to cross the headers to get to the oil filter housing and i didn't like that idea, so the left side would have to do. I fed the lines through a small gap between the condenser/radiator and the chassis/radiator support, then over the power steering reservoir, through the tight gap between the strut tower and the rocker cover finally reaching the oil filter housing. I will get more detailed pics of the lines when i get the sandwich plate sorted and fitted.

And there we have it, looks quite good from a far with that big M sign lol.

Another update soon when the sandwich plate is fitted.

Comment

Nice build bro! Think I spotted you around the fairfield west/ wakely area?

Comment

I like this. I like this a lot.

Good to see someone in a euro trying to super fast instead of super low.

Comment

I like what I see and I see what I like. So what temps were your oil on the track to justify an oil cooler? Were you over heating?

Comment

Originally posted by chuchuchrains View Post
                                Nice build bro! Think I spotted you around the fairfield west/ wakely area?
                                Thanks man! yeah you would have, I'm around that area a lot

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
                                I like this. I like this a lot.

Good to see someone in a euro trying to super fast instead of super low.
                                Thanks mate, it's different trying to get a heavy family car to go fast, but it's a good feeling seeing the looks on peoples faces when they see it perform

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                                I like what I see and I see what I like. So what temps were your oil on the track to justify an oil cooler? Were you over heating?
                                Good to hear ! I'm not too sure of my oil temps on the track as i didn't have an oil temp gauge at my last track day, however i was told by a few people that the oil can run pretty damn hot in k24's when pushed hard...so the oil cooler is more of a piece of mind upgrade. I have an oil temp gauge on order now so i will see what it runs at next time i hit the track.

Comment

Working...
                                X