Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MR DC5R

Hi guys,

I havn't really done much to my car, just decided to make a build thread, really just to log and document the progress of my car. So i can look back in months/years later to see how far it'd come.

I got the car around the start of July, with 24,798 kms. Car was so clean, and i couldn't be happier with it. Super quiet and smooth at the time.

When i first bought it:

My first set of mods, were some coilovers, braided brake lines, camber arms.

17x8.5 +30

Put the coils in myself with my dad and Jaz.

Wheel alignment at Tyre Power North Melbourne
    Originally running 0 camber at the front with 0 toe and -2.5 camber at the back

Had a minor service
    and hit my 30,000 km milestone

Bought some genuine recaro seat belt pads from jpn, thanks for jesse streeter

Wanted to run -2 camber all round, so had to get some todds tie rods and camber bolts

I then wanted to finish off my suspension, with some non-necessities so i dont have to touch my sussy later
    Got some hardrace LCA, whiteline rear sway, and beaks bar
    Beaks bar and LCA, really just got for bling, rear sway felt really good though

Moving on to bolt on mods next, bought a GruppeM with a tegiwa intake hose

Thats all for now, i've got jdm visors coming, waiting for clear customs
    heres what it looks like now, took it to brimbank park today for some photos

Next up is some engine mounts!
    Last edited by iampotato; 28-10-13, 01:56 AM.

Loooks absolutely spotless - except maybe the R badge, what happened there ?! Maintain that glorious paint !!

So jelly at your odo..

Comment

Nice write up and pics!

Car is looking super clean.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

This guy! Why you no take such good photos of my car?
          Thanks for the mention!

Comment

Awesome stuff! Its so clean and immac! Probably the lowest km dc5r in Australia if not world wide haha!
            Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

I was gonna call BS on the k's, until i saw the pictures.
              This is SUPER clean. Love the red too

Comment

What specs are your tires? Did you have to roll your guards? I was thinking of getting the exact same wheels and it's good to see it on the same colour car, it looks awesome! Nice man!

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                  Loooks absolutely spotless - except maybe the R badge, what happened there ?! Maintain that glorious paint !!

So jelly at your odo..
                  Thanks man, no idea to be honest, was like that when i bought the car. Probably from being cut and polished prior to handing it over to me.

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  Nice write up and pics!

Car is looking super clean.
                  Thanks mat!

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
                  Awesome !
                  Thanks mate

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                  This guy! Why you no take such good photos of my car?
                  Thanks for the mention!
                  Haha, it was a spur of the moment thing. We'll take photos when you're car is done

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                  Awesome stuff! Its so clean and immac! Probably the lowest km dc5r in Australia if not world wide haha!
                  Won't be for long though ): unfortunately it's my daily. Might start using my cars spare car as my daily. But then again, whats the point of having a car when you don't drive it :P

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
                  I was gonna call BS on the k's, until i saw the pictures.
                  This is SUPER clean. Love the red too
                  Thanks shaun! I was skeptical at first too, however, the log books were included and the way the car feels, everything just feel tight. Honestly, when i first got the car, it still had the new-car smell. But since then, thats gone ):

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
                  What specs are your tires? Did you have to roll your guards? I was thinking of getting the exact same wheels and it's good to see it on the same colour car, it looks awesome! Nice man!
                  Thanks jay! 225/45/17. I got all 4 of my guards rolled, considering how low i wanted to go. Currently its at my desired height, with about 1 finger gap all round. If you don't plan to go that low, you'd only need to roll the rear guards. -2 camber was too sunken, and so -1.5 was perfect.

Comment

looking good!! think Ive seen you around!!! im from west side

Comment

eyyyyyyyyyyyy you made a thread haha

oh wow i got the same badge as you! im planning to plastic dip it to be honest. btw you need more concaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and i need moar lowzzzz LOL

Comment

very clean car indeed. how much did you purchase the car for? (must of been alot?)

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                          looking good!! think Ive seen you around!!! im from west side
                          Yea? i'm from the west side, where'd you see me?

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                          very clean car indeed. how much did you purchase the car for? (must of been alot?)
                          Thanks man, i paid around 2-3k over the market price. But i reckon it was worth it for such a clean car

Comment

Where's the start button? :P

Comment

Originally posted by iampotato View Post
                              Yea? i'm from the west side, where'd you see me?
                              Ballarat road?

Comment

Working...
                              X