K20A2 EK civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20A2 EK civic

As you all probably know, Josh Maher built a red ek1 with a k series swap. Recently bought this thing and slowwwly finding all the problems devo..

Bought it off some fella in toowoomba f*cks me how he looked after it.
    Ive come from a mx5 background so im adapting to both FWD and massive understeer imo. Looking to track this thing asap, got quite a steep learning curve ahead on dealing with understeer, transitioning car weight, braking fuuu should be fun and can't wait

But before that ill need to fix all this stuff first so here's what will be needed. Mainly for me to keep note of.

Front-Right wheel hub bearing
    ARP Rear EK1 wheel stud replacement x3 (Spindle is goneskies, wtf right)
    Starter motor bolt missing
    Front lower gearbox bolt missing
    2 Rear lower hasport bolts missing (WTF)
    Plumb IAT sensor to intake
    BDL throttle body replacement - Return spring snapped on first night driving it home
    Replace both rear ek1 rotor and pads (Rotors worn below minimum thickness)
    Replace all hasport mounts (Bushings starting to split)
    Fix crank seal leak
    Inspect front RHS wheel bearing
    Inspect driveshafts from damage due to vibration from missing gb mount bolts

Items bought awaiting arrival:
    Skunk2 70mm kseries tb
    oem VRS kit
    Starter motor bolt
    Gb bolt
    RDA 232mm rear rotors, EBC green pads
    Hasport bushings

Items needed:
    Ek Gli front RHS wheel hub assembly
    Rear ARP wheel studs

To top it off found fractures in two of my spokes on the front RHS wheel FML. Only had this slut for a month! luckily had another set of 6uls off my mx5 lying around.

By the sound of it, sounds like the prev owner neglected the car and ran it quite harsh. But I can say that Hasports have a tendency to shake every bolt off. So basically you need to torque everything down. Though, cant wait to see you out on the track. That thing should run quite fast!

Comment

I hope you didn't pay more than 10k for it....

Understeer you say.... Never had an issue unless I was taking too much speed into the corner with me

Comment

What springs are you running on it?
        I'm running 12kg in the front and 14kg in the back witch makes the car (to me anyway more neutral, even more oversterd) excuse the wrong terminology

Oh, and post some pictures of it!
        Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
        Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
        Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

Yeah ive gone and tightened every bolt! Im just used to the mx5 where you need the slightest steering input and youve done a 360 degree turn :P. Good fun, at the moment it has the HKS gymkhana with 20kg fronts and 7kg rears :S looking to swap these out sooner or later.
          Looking forward to getting out on the track too and learning as much as i can, the cars quick so all i need now is the driving skills to match .

Comment

Working...
          X