EP3 - Death by fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3 - Death by fire

So it saddens me to report that some *insert swear word here* torched my car on Wednesday night. Waiting to hear back if it might be salvageable from the insurance company and maybe rebirth Jackie Chan into something else. The car is most certainly a write off if not from the fire then from the water from the fire truck. How can there be people in this world that could think that setting fire to someones car is acceptable. SO SO SOOO ANGRY AND SAD ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Any one got any ideas what to do with it depending how much the insurance company want? I have thought about doing a k20a conversion on an eg or something or get an accord euro, use the 2.4 bottom and end build something out of that. But then again, maybe I just let him rest in peace..

I also have a stock air box and exhaust now, any one have any ideas how much they might be worth?

FUARKKKKKKKKKK OMG i feel so sorry for you OMG, where was your car parked when this happen?
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Was in front of my house, I don't even live in a bad area, in fact it is quite an expensive area, would never have thought it would happen here. I was inside washing the dishes and the cats started running around howling and going nuts and then I smelt something weird and a knock at the door and then bam, car was on fire At least the guy that saw it in his car stopped and called the fire brigade and came to warn me that a car was on fire in front of my house. I was only just thinking to myself that I should bring it in as well

So now I am feeling on edge, hoping it was a random attack but I can't think of anyone that would want to do this to me or my car

Comment

Damn. So sad to hear mate, can't believe there are low lifes out there that would do this to other peoples property
        sigpic

Comment

thats fucked man. sorry to hear.

did u suspect anyone at all?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

That's a horrible thing to have happened Chris. I've asked around to see if anyone's heard anything about who did this to your car.

From here you can do a few things though:

- Part out what's left of the good parts
            - With a healthy engine you've got almost every part needed for a nice drop into an EG.

There are people who need EP3 parts so you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting these parts sold.

Stock K20 airbox goes for under $100. Full exhaust (Headers to muffler) will fetch you $300-$500 easily.
            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, no idea who did it but I am livered. I have thought about buying it back and doing something with it but..

A. I don't have the space
              B. I don't have enough money for that
              C. I don't have the tools or know how

I have had a couple of people ask me to let them know how much they want to buy back and they will give me cash for it.

Comment

What the FUCK ??? Could've been much worse (whole car explode if it gets to petrol tank ??) if it wasn't noticed earlier..

Doubt it will be much use but have you reported it to police ?

Comment

Oh man that's terrible! Would be raging hard.

Such a sad sight good luck with it!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                    What the FUCK ??? Could've been much worse (whole car explode if it gets to petrol tank ??) if it wasn't noticed earlier..

Doubt it will be much use but have you reported it to police ?

Yeah man, the fire brigade came and put it out, was quite impressed they arrived in like 2 minutes of the call! Then SAPOL took around 40 minutes to attend and then couldn't get the crime investigation unit out until the next day but they went over the whole car and printed etc but unfortunately I don't think they came up with much which is a shame because I would like to see the scumbag rot in jail who did this!

According to the MFS they said the back left window was smashed and it looked like they had doused with some kind of flammable liquid and thrown in some of those fire starter white cube things you use for a Webber BBQ.

Went out for a drive tonight in my mates 180 and my other mate who also has an ep3, god I miss my car already!

Comment

Sorry to hear for your loss! Saddens me that one would even think of doing this to another person's pride and joy Best of luck man.

Comment

Working...
                      X