Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravi DC5 Daily - Audio Build

Hey guys,

Been working on my DC5 for a couple years now, thought I'd share my ride. Though, if you're expecting a normal performance build thread, I'll have to disappoint. This car is my daily, and I wanted to enjoy my time in it...especially the numerous hours spent in Sydney peak hour. So dedicated my efforts into a nice audio setup for the car.

Setup is from late 2010, and has been a pleasure to use since then.

Head Unit: Alpine iXA-W407BT + Imprint Audio Processor
    Amplifier: Zed Audio Leviathan
    Fronts: Morel Dotech Ovation 6.5" Splits + 1" Pillar Mounted Tweeters
    Rears: Pioneer Premier 6.75"
    Sub: Morel Ultimo SC

Didn't want too loose too much boot space while also keeping the car interior flush, so made stands and enclosures out of fiberglass for some of the components.

Last edited by Ravvii; 27-08-13, 12:01 AM.

Still wanted some boot space so made a fibreglass enclosure for the driver side rear. Similarly didn't want to loose the option of folding down my seats if I mounted the amplifier on the back of them, so made a stand for the amp at the same time.
    Used about 9L of fibreglass for both, could probably be done with less but I made my shell quite thick. Used 12mm MDF for the base to give it an stable footing.

Started with the Dynamat to get rid of some of the road noise and rattles, but ended up using the door frames as psuedo enclosures, sealed off the larger cavities with 3mm MDF and covered it with more Dynamat.
    Since we used sealed enclosure for subs to manufacture the deep bass and considering majority of music is midbass rather than sub bass - applied same concept to mids. Produces quite a nice sound front the mids now, no hollowness.
    The door gives a nice thud when you close it aswell!
    Also for crossovers, rather than door mounting or having the wiring exposed under the front seats I ended up making a platform in the bottom of the rear quarters.

Last edited by Ravvii; 27-08-13, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Saved for more info

Comment

Hey ravi! U finally made it on here!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Hey ravi! U finally made it on here!
          Yeah, about time aye. Had some more time on my hands now, so perfect opportunity.

How's yours going? That Sony HU up and running?

Comment

Good use of the boot mate.

Any visuals you plan on placing in the car?
            Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
              Good use of the boot mate.

Any visuals you plan on placing in the car?
              Cheers mate...quite nice to still be able to haul around gear in the back.

Not really, the car is just a daily, so added audio just for my driving enjoyment...and wouldn't be the smartest to be watching something while I drive.
              Last edited by Ravvii; 27-08-13, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X