Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Elise K24/K20 swap

Hi all,
    Im pretty new to the lotus world. But i bought my first after a very long time trying to find a car which suits what i wanted. I want a project car, i love working on cars and having something to improve constantly. And coming from an Evo 8, i wanted something with very little compromise, something that does stuff around with its identity. Couldnt find anything else really, and managed to get a good deal on a car from WA.

As is, it came with 14k kms and a fairly worked engine. To my knowledge and experience so far;
    -Rover 1.8 rebuilt
    -Ported head
    -possibly some aftermarket internals (not 100%, but i was informed by someone who knew the car very well)
    -piper cams (285 i think)
    -ITG carbon fibre intake which is loud
    -Janspeed exhaust
    -Motec M800
    -MOCAL oil/water cooler
    Has a lot more punch than the few other rover elises ive driven

My plans are so far to pop in a K24/K20 engine, and get it engineered. What i have collected:
    -K20 complete engine
    -K24 complete engine
    -Type S k20 gearbox no LSD
    -All equipment to run stock ECU on the final engine (ill move the MOTEC over after engineering tho)
    -RBC mani
    -RDX injectors
    -ARP head studs
    -Reuse the Motec M800 or go Kpro.......................

Considering going to 12.5 comp and 87.5mm bores since its all apart...not sure

My set of new Team Dynamics wheels should be here soon, then some new tyres to go on as well
    So here we stand:

Hello K20a2 head

Sup K24 block

More will come later on, gotta get all the pics together online
    Last edited by nuk1ear; 14-07-13, 10:06 AM.

Welcome buddy! Your build sounds interesting! Looking forward to how you go with it
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Subscribed for future updates. Good luck with that project man
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Looks good! Interested to see how this turns out.

How will it be to get engineers done over there?
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

This will definitely be a thread to keep your eyes on.

Going to be awesome.
          Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

subscribed, interesting build man

Comment

Looks good mate. Only thing is definitely go a LSD box. All that power. Light body. Need power at both wheels!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                Looks good! Interested to see how this turns out.

How will it be to get engineers done over there?
                A couple of guys have done it before, they said the 2.4 is no problems, no need to upgrade anything else, as long as you can make it pass emissions then no worries.

thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Looks good mate. Only thing is definitely go a LSD box. All that power. Light body. Need power at both wheels!
                  Exactly, looking for a wavetrac atm. Theres a guy selling a complete box locally but he wants 3.5k for the box with the wavetrac, unless i can sell mine for 2k and bargain him down, its a bit expensive lol

Im actually contemplating to bore it 0.5 over and put in 12.5:1 pistons and supertech valvetrain. The K24 bores dont look perfect, but they do look fine.

Comment

set of these should be with me by the end of the month. Proper hubcentric for the elise.

Comment

Hello and welcome! Nice car and nice build.
                      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

How is the long tail roof? are you finding any leaks along the windscreen?

If you plan on parting the exhaust out let me know cause i have a mate with a broken flexi for his rover.

Good luck with the build! and very clean elise
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

no worries with the roof actually, but i really want a hardtop lol

Comment

It's very hard to get a hard top conversion with the long tail. You could get a short tail but you need to replace a lot of things. I know someone who will be import carbon bits for the Elise soon so I will keep you informed
                            Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

thanks buddy, let me know. I can get the one from eliseparts, but the shipping is nearly 1k so it makes it stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X