Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhys' EG Civic

Hello

Around November 2011 I bought my first car, a 1992 EG4 in manual with some very tired paint. I've spent the last year and a half wasting my time and money on it with stupid things like sticker bombing and a fart tin as the exhaust (I was level 10 noob).

To prove how disturbing it was.. (1year/first wash)

1year transformation by Rhys Ansell, on Flickr

However, I've finally seen the light and have decided that it I'm going to have a go at rebuild it! At the moment, I'm in between jobs, so haven't made any concrete decisions nor put anything into action. However I am certain I will get a Milano red respray within the next year! I have no planned any further, as I want to get a job before getting to ahead of myself. In the last few days I've been trying to do some DIY to clean it up, and I think It has been somewhat successful.

998368_10151524871873691_2103946886_n by Rhys Ansell, on Flickr

969879_10151529849298691_1152458136_n by Rhys Ansell, on Flickr

1045065_10151521504158691_432873341_n by Rhys Ansell, on Flickr

*Note the Black Ep3 is my friend Alan, who is on ClubITR somewhere.

Thanks for reading

Also, attending my first ClubITR eomm tonight, hope I won't be the only non-Type R

Welcome mate!!

Hope you have an awesome night.

Respray yourself?
    Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Hey dude!
      It's Napo from that highway meet

Nice EG buddy, looking forward to progress reports
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Good to see a build thread Rhysie! Exciting to see how it turns out in the coming months!!

Comment

Also, the Mini S in my photo is also a fellow member ITR-MIM. Yet to get his p's but pushing around 150kwatw in his Mini Cooper S!

My first Clubitr eomm on monday was great. Got to to meet a bunch of great people, can't wait for the next meet now! Really sucked having the only non-vtec car there, I really must do something about that :P.

After speaking to a few people at the eomm, I've decided that I will do the body work, suspension, wheels and tires first (although alot of work, like to have it mostly done within a year), and add some more power down the track. Undecided of what coilovers to run with, will be a bit of a budget build, so will need to do some research for the best bang for buck set up.

Next post will have an actual update!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Motorculture mobile app

Comment

Working...
          X