The Filthy Harlot - My Base DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
    YAY you ended up making a thread! good stuff mate! more updates!!
    It's good to document the build somewhere I guess. Thanks for the push mate!

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
      Glad the BYP Racing team can be apart of this car development. Can't wait to see future development with the car

Keep up the good work!
      Thanks Benny your input and guidance has been second to none!!! Can't wait to see where we take this build.

Comment

Back to the story....

My car had been making some interesting sounds of late when going over bumps and ruts on the road.

I've had plenty of experience with coil over suspension so I figured that was the cause until I saw the state of the lower control arm bushings!!!

I might also add that when I installed the typeR rotors and callipers I split the lower ball joint boot below the spindle/hub.

So what better opportunity to replace all the LCA bushes with PCI offset spherical items and install some roll centre adjusters at the same time.

Also I wanted to dial in some positive toe to match my new caster correction so a set of modified new tie rods and ends were fitted!!!

Luckily the boys at BYP had been collecting these parts for my car ready to be booked in one week before the track day!

I had a fun day taking the BYP S2K to work while Jimmy pulled my front end apart. Talk about Service!!!

These were tricky items to install. The base Model control arms are a tad different to the typeR. So to press these in needed some clever machining skills from my mate Shane and his boss Nick who conveniently work just next door to BYP!!!! Winning!!!

Comment

base is still good!

Comment

Working...
          X