Alex's VTIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's VTIR

Well, I don't really have a thread anywhere for this yet and I'd like somewhere to log progress over time.
    I present: My 1998 Black VTIR.

Bought it for $4500 in April with two weeks of rego left and no roadworthy. Being an apprentice I didn't have a whole lot of money and still being on my L's meant it didn't get driven a whole load for the last two weeks it had.
    Needed new tyres, transmission-axel seal and adjusted headlights for roady. Thinking to myself I'd rather not cheap out with this car, I did it properly and instead of just replacing the one unroadworthy one, I bought a whole set of 195/55 Potenza RE002's.

Along with getting rego and roady I had $30 to spend so I painted my valve cover and got a friend to carbon wrap the plug cover.

Also grabbed a type R lip for it.
    unpainted:

Painted:

My mate took me up to arthurs seat for the first time, and I got hooked. So much fun!
    So first thing I set out for was coilovers.. found these.

Tein street flex, ASR Subframe brace, asr sway bar, end links and LCA's for $700. to be picked up next week some time.

Also stuck in a Clarion head unit as rolling with the stock unit is not mad.

have a long list of future plans, however immediate plans after coils are mugen twinloop/headers, cai and a tune
    Last edited by styleofhabit; 14-04-14, 04:02 PM.

Plans for wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston View Post
      Plans for wheels?
      Sheeiiit need to update this!
      Enkei RPF1's when my tyres go

Coils in!

Tein street flex dc2r coils, dc2r Lcas, ASR subframe brace, ASR sway bar and end links!

In love with the way it sits and handles now!

Comment

Definately in a good start! Welcome to the forums ...

Comment

Already said so but love a black VTIR

Nice work man, love your car, nice to see another one around. hope to see good things.
          ClubITR: "Cruising 3-wide on the bridge like BOSSES!!" ~ crashprash

My FlickR
          My TumblR

Comment

Sheesh its been so long! Need to get better at updating threads.

So a lot happened since I last posted!
            Bought a DC2R wing and sprayed it

Had it fitted for a total of 2 weeks before I decided that I prefer being wingless!

Installed a set of 6000K H.I.Ds

And a Mugen Twinloop Catback Exhaust.

At this point I was really happy with it so I decided it was time to invest in some wheels. I had some Matte Black buddyclub P1's lined up, so I sold my VTIR Blades and borrowed a friends set of wheels to sit on for a week or 2 until I got the P1s..
            However the seller pulled out of the sale last minute leaving me with no wheels.. so now I'm currently sitting on some Mugen MF10 reps up front and Jazz stockies up the back (-_-)

Comment

At this point I was baffled as to where I wanted to go with this car (simple daily or all out racecar?)
              After thinking and thinking, I got my hands on a B20B8 Motor!

Also picked up some aftermarket parts from my friend who previously owned a DA

Moroso Sump, Edelbrock adjustable cam gears, type r oil pump, block girdle, gates racing timing belt, buddyclub rad cap and skunk2 oil cap.

Comment

Started tearing the motor down

Cleaned up the block

Pulled the pistons out and cleaned them and also honed the cylinders. Picked up a rear main seal and ordered some piston rings from Redline engine services (Much cheaper than the $90 + tax PER PISTON that Honda want)

Now to get started on my car!
                Started tearing down the B18

Head off:

Will be picking up a Neptune RTP ECU and loading up a friends map to start with.

Comment

Sent the head to Redline to have 10thou (.25mm) shaved off the head for a little extra compression

And got my conversion kit in the mail:

So now she sits on stands in my shed for a little bit. I get the rings on Monday afternoon so from there, I can start putting the motor together again!

Comment

Got the motor out today

And separated the transmission from it

Comment

Awesome progress!
                      > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Awesome update! Good stuff sticking with a nice B series also!
                        S2000
                        WSID : TBA
                        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                        Smooth As Detailing
                        Incar Racing

Comment

Nice progress!

B20VTEC!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by McDognalds View Post
                            Awesome progress!

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                            Awesome update! Good stuff sticking with a nice B series also!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                            Nice progress!

B20VTEC!
                            Thanks guys Just waiting for my paycheck to clear (stupid christmas fucking things up) so I can get my piston rings. Thats the only thing stopping me from putting the engine together and dropping it in atm.

Comment

That b20 will run nicely in a dc2

Comment

Working...
                              X