No announcement yet.

My DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, they don't really suit the DC5. Plus, fitment will change when you get some low and camber.

That said, they are different!

Comment

best to keep stockies n paint it black cam!

Comment

Yeah its ugly. Just being honest lol

Comment

1384690234870.jpg
          Now white..
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

1385371793885.jpg1385371807966.jpg

Fitted my Password : JDM red wheel nuts.
            Not everyones cup of tea, but the most important thing is that I like the look of them...
            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Looks aside...are those the right nuts to use with the wheels? Taper or dome ends?

Comment

Yes they are, they are tapered ends, not OEM style.
                sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

nice progress, not really diggin the rims, but end of the day as long as you like it, it's worth keeping them on. btw how did you shave the type s boot lid, diy??? does water go in if a bit more was shaved? just want to know for mugen wing fitment cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
                    nice progress, not really diggin the rims, but end of the day as long as you like it, it's worth keeping them on. btw how did you shave the type s boot lid, diy??? does water go in if a bit more was shaved? just want to know for mugen wing fitment cheers
                    The rims were more of a function over form decision, steelies being what they are, are probably more stronger than an alloy/forged alloy application.
                    (correct me if I'm wrong ppls)
                    Even if I did bend 1 on a pothole it's a very easy fix compared to an alloy rim..
                    (alloy fractures when they are re rolled after a big ding)
                    And yea I really like the look, and that's what JDM STYLING is all about, individual styling.
                    Plus am not really a fan of following others fitting the popular rims like rega's, te37's rpf1's and such.
                    Who really wants their car looking like someone elses?

As for the rear lip spoiler,
                    What I did is drill the holes for the type-r wing,
                    Sat it in the holes on top of the boot lip, and traced a line using the wing as a guide.
                    Then removed the lip and fitted the wing.
                    Then I proceeded to cut the lip inside the line I marked.
                    Without any of the clips (which there 8 of) and 2 end studs I test fitted the lip to check for fitment,
                    Then not owning a dremmel, I used a file and sand paper to shape the cut surfaces and kept test fitting, sanding, test fitting until I had it sitting perfect. Then fitted new OEM clips to the lip and double sided tape leaving drain gaps at either end I removed the wing, fitted the lip, then re-fitted the wing.
                    Leaving the drain gaps solves the problem of the small gap between the lip and wing..
                    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Steelies, the toughest wheel in the world. Track proven.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

This man knows^

Comment

Love the wheels..soo good
                          Keep up the good work..your car is coming across nicely

Comment

Wow. Them steelies... jdm styling.... what a quote!

Yeah not my cup of tea. Te37/rpf1/regas are popular for a reason.. they look good. And are actually jdm too
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              Wow. Them steelies... jdm styling.... what a quote!

Yeah not my cup of tea. Te37/rpf1/regas are popular for a reason.. they look good. And are actually jdm too
                              That's true everyone has them, my point. Hey they look good, I didn't say they didn't but I don't want to be a follower, just because everyone else has them..

Wheels are individual choice and styling. What ever floats ppls boats suits them..
                              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Ebay delivery today...

986651_763987136953065_208286182_n.jpg
                                sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Working...
                                X