Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey's B18 EG Civic Build

Hey Everyone!

I have joined this forum months ago but never really went on it much. Well i think its time to turn that around. I have just bought myself a little EG civic d13b Carby and ready too start and make my own build thread.

I currently have a 3rd gen prelude 4WS as my daily and i love it. But i have always had a soft spot for the EG. I have seen what can be done too them and i am willing to do the same. So, i will keep you all updated when i can with pics, mods etc.

enjoy!

Pics Mike! (including the Prelude)
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

pics will come after work

Comment

Hey guys, so i need a bit of advice. I have been told that buying a motor straight up is more of a risk than buying all the parts separately and putting it all together myself. Now, as you can tell from the thread title i want a b18c7. But i was also thinking, a b20b block with a b18 head could also work. I really have 3 options on what too do and i dont know which will be the best one.

- b18c7R
        - b16a2
        -B20B block - b18head,

Personally i think that the b16a for an eg civic is way too common as i have friends who have them lol.
        Any suggestions? ( btw pics of both cars coming tonight )

Comment

do you want it to be legal with out requiring an engineers certificate?

regardless, you have not really told us enough about what you wnat to achive with this car?

build for the respect, build to learn, or build to race?
          ... retired/

Comment

Well, my goal was always too have a high performance VTEC. I couldnt afford a type r just yet so i thought, why not an eg civic? I have always loved this model and i have seen what they are capable of. The Eg is my most favorite model civic. I have seen a lot of people dropping a lot of B series and K series engines. I want to build it for the respect and too learn 100% and take it on the track occasionally, but that will come later. I just want too achieve pretty much a quick high performance civic.

Comment

well those seem reasonable goals, and a nice B18C build would cover the bases...

so since you will focus on track later, you can delay suspension mods.

but any increase in power must be accompanied by increased braking, so you need to start looking for a brake upgrade too...

the best way to swap an engine in is with a front cut - so i hope you have enough space for that?

here is a Type R front cut: http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...er=AD004749440

to give you an idea of the price...
              ... retired/

Comment

mmm, not bad the front cut is good because i have seen just the b18c7r engines for that price alone without anything else cheers. For brakes i had a look a this

http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=677

front and rear EK9 5 stud conversion struts

the brakes at the back of the civic are drums aswell...

Comment

I think a front cut would be a really good way to go considering the cluster, driveshafts etc etc

Comment

Ok so i havent been on for a while i hope everyone is well. I got offered a k20 out of a smashed DC5 and i just have a question before going and having a look. The brakes and 5 stud hubs, will they fit on the eg civic? I have heard rumours that they dont but some say they do? can anyone help me out with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb20a View Post
                      Ok so i havent been on for a while i hope everyone is well. I got offered a k20 out of a smashed DC5 and i just have a question before going and having a look. The brakes and 5 stud hubs, will they fit on the eg civic? I have heard rumours that they dont but some say they do? can anyone help me out with this?
                      The hubs/knuckles won't fit but I'm pretty sure there's a way to make DC5 calipers fit earlier model Hondas but you'd need to find the right rotor and probably some funky mix and matched caliper brackets or spacers. I've seen S2000 calipers which have the same major dimensions as the DC5 ones, fitted to an EK with 4x100 before.

Take a look at this thread: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3044628

Comment

Thanks heaps, what about the DC2R hubs and brakes??

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb20a View Post
                          Thanks heaps, what about the DC2R hubs and brakes??
                          They should fit pretty snug, something about needing to upgrade the master tho due to the EG not being able to hold as much fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppa View Post
                            They should fit pretty snug, something about needing to upgrade the master tho due to the EG not being able to hold as much fluid.
                            Yup, DC2R stuff will bolt straight up to an EG (If you have the whole hub/knuckle assembly). As cuppa says though you'd need to upgrade to a DC2R sized master cylinder and proportioning valve otherwise you'll have a very soft pedal and poor braking performance.

Comment

oh okay cool thanks guys , hopefully the k20/dc2 build will be good ill be uploading pics of the civic later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X